#241 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Awww... I would've watched the stream if I knew it was going on. :(
Oh well, great job regardless!
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated April 30th: The War was Won Here

#242 Post by Donnellson86 »

I caught a quick glimpse of the stream but I had to get to work.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated June 14th: Mask of the Phantasm

#243 Post by KyeRaor »

Best. Batman Movie. Evar. >:C

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#244 Post by Ranalf »

That is actually really cool. I like the skeleton more, though. Makes me think, "Fear the Reaper."
Delicious.
Cool story.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#245 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Oh God, what have you done? The...the theme song...it...it won't leave! D8

Nananananananana, nananananananana, BATMAN!

Anyway, glad to see you here again. I have vague, but happy memories of that Batman movie when I was a kid. Makes me want to go re-watch it on Youtube. ^_^ Batman looks rather calm considering he's standing back-to-back with something that looks like death, but I guess that's to be expected of him.

I wished I'd said this when you came out with your prior piece, but I'm really interested to see where you take your paintings. The tiger piece was really good, and this one isn't too bad itself. Any plans for more in the future? :)
Image Image

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#246 Post by TinyVoices »

1. Have the forum in a small window, so only the left portion of the site is visible without scrolling over.
2. Open to the drawing
3. ???
4. Nightmare fuel

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#247 Post by KyeRaor »

Ranalf wrote:That is actually really cool. I like the skeleton more, though. Makes me think, "Fear the Reaper."
Most excellent. The character's phrase from the movie was "Your Angel of Death awaits" so Fear the Reaper is quite appropriate x3. Thanks Ranalf.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:nice picture. but one though hit me when I saw it.
skeleton: Hey, batman.
batman: Yeah?
skeleton: How's your mom and dad doing?
batman: :C
Moviedude18.0 wrote:Oh God, what have you done? The...the theme song...it...it won't leave! D8

Nananananananana, nananananananana, BATMAN!

Anyway, glad to see you here again. I have vague, but happy memories of that Batman movie when I was a kid. Makes me want to go re-watch it on Youtube. ^_^ Batman looks rather calm considering he's standing back-to-back with something that looks like death, but I guess that's to be expected of him.

I wished I'd said this when you came out with your prior piece, but I'm really interested to see where you take your paintings. The tiger piece was really good, and this one isn't too bad itself. Any plans for more in the future? :)
If anything, death is afraid of Batman. Glad to be hearing from you too Moviedude, :3. I'm starting to enjoy painting with Paint Tool SAI, very much so. This was only a quick one, but I'm not sure how others get such crisp edges and details using it. I had tried adding a bit of detail to things like Batman's cowl and the skeleton's teeth but everything was smudgin' and uglifying. There will be more paintings in the future most definitely.

TinyVoices wrote:1. Have the forum in a small window, so only the left portion of the site is visible without scrolling over.
2. Open to the drawing
3. ???
4. Nightmare fuel

XD, You're welcome.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated July 10th: Good Ol' Cheesecake

#248 Post by KyeRaor »

Simply trying to get out of this drawing rut and get out some drawings again.

FA Linky

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#249 Post by Ranalf »

Bow Chicka Wow Wow.
Delicious.
Cool story.

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#250 Post by emmy »

Hooo boy.

drawing 'rut' seems about the right word in this context indeed.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#251 Post by KyeRaor »

Ranalf wrote:Bow Chicka Wow Wow.
x3
emmy wrote:Hooo boy.

drawing 'rut' seems about the right word in this context indeed.
Tee hee.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:I WAS LIED TO. THE CHEESECAKE WAS A LIE.
(good picture though.)
NO. BAD GABE.
(And thank you :3)

Well, rainy day with not much to do = Drawing. This one started out from a few sketches in an effort to get better at everything related to hair (Drawing it, Colouring it) to make it so it's not as spikey as Moviedude has described it in the past. I'm not sure if I totally understood his meaning. I've also stated on my FurAffinity account yesterday that I'm going to try and get one drawing out a week. So my quota is already met. Ha!

Also, I need some drawin' ideas on what to do in the future because drawin' girls all the time is fun and all but it's getting stale. Anyways. Real happy with how this one turned out (asides from the eyes x_X). :3

FA Linky

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated July 16th: Safari Sunset

#252 Post by Chaosye »

Nice job!

If you're open to critique, though, it does look a tiny bit strange. The two biggest things I'm seeing is with the eyes and the legs in particular. The eyes pupils aren't aligned with the iris, and it gives off a very odd effect. I'm not sure if what I'm mistaking for pupils is supposed to be shade, but it still looks a bit off. The lighting on the eyes also seem a bit too strong, and the one near the right of her eye doesn't seem like it should be there; almost like there's a flashlight going off underneath her eye lid.

About the front leg, it has a nice shape and everything, but the arms and hand don't exactly seem like they're really gripping the leg. They're definitely there, but they just aren't touching it. Remember that the limbs also produce shadow. The hand is also in a bit of a strange position; when you put your hand underneath your knee, you don't normally put your thumb on top of your index finger.

The leg in the back also seems a bit strange; it also has great proportion, but it doesn't seem like its actually coming from anywhere. Where the knee of the back leg is, it seems like the thigh should be slightly to the left of the leg in the front, unless the arm is supposed to be going around the back leg as well. In that case, its more of an issue of the angle at which the hand coming up from under the knee.

If I sound too harsh, sorry! I like the picture, especially the background and the general proportions, but every piece of art can always be better.
Anyway, I think you did a great job with the picture!

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#253 Post by KyeRaor »

Thank you very much for your words there Chaos, and no I don't think you sounded harsh at all. I am open to critiques and I'd like to think over the many that Moviedude has given me for nothing I've gotten better. There was a lot of little things I was experimenting with and colouring eyes was one of them... And to be honest it was one of the last things coloured so there may have been a bit of a rush just to get the thing finished. I suppose in the mini-tutorial I was following there were two highlighting lights and I didn't give enough thought to it.

And I'll agree with you on the legs. While I was drawing it looked okay... I don't know. Food for thought for the next time.

Again, thank you kindly Chaoseye, :3

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#254 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

And suddenly, "The Circle of Life" comes to mind, maximum volume, and full-surround-sound-stereo. XD

To continue where Chao started, a lot of the anatomical problems with this picture stem come from the character’s waist. The abdomen is way too long, and as a result the hips and legs are too far out in front of her. Because the pose required her arms wrap around the legs, her biceps are too long as well. I don’t share Chaosye’s issue with her backmost leg, but I will say that her left forearm doesn’t seem to wrap underneath its knee and it’s because of problems with foreshortening. I still see issues with the hair (I’ll get more into that in just a second), and I more-or-less agree with Chaosye’s assessment of her hands and eyes (less so with the eyes). . I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the style of the eyes, other than they remind me of Disney’s-Lion-King-lions, but I guess that’s appropriate considering the character huh? XD I think what bugs me most about them is one eye seems to be shaped differently than the other.

However, I absolutely love the colors in this piece. The reds/pinks contrast nicely with the green grass, and the shadowy middle ground gives it an extra flair. Anatomical issues aside, this is a very nice pose, and the piece overall projects a lot of warmth. Plus, I think your lioness here is rather pretty.

KyeRaor wrote: This one started out from a few sketches in an effort to get better at everything related to hair (Drawing it, Colouring it) to make it so it's not as spikey as Moviedude has described it in the past. I'm not sure if I totally understood his meaning.
Ah crap...I had a feeling that would be the case. That's what I get for staying up until 6:00 AM in the morning and trying to critique. S:P

Gimme a few minutes or so, and I'll be back with a few sketches that will hopefully explain what I mean, because I'm not so sure I can properly describe it in words.

EDIT:

Ok, so I can safely assume how you draw hair is influenced by anime, right? The idea behind anime hairstyles is- Actually, scratch all of that BS I said because I looked at other examples and saw what I was saying wasn't necessarily true. I don't know how or why the way you draw hair looks weird to me. :\
Image Image