Coal >*whistles*

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

Coal >*whistles*

#1 Post by coal »

Well 2 of them anyways, I have a sketch book that is now only in the last 3 months around half way full. Most of it is pretty rough stuff but, it's practice right?!?! :D and a lot of the stuff that I do will probably be fan art, or copying Ideas from Tom's DA or the comic. I do this because I have zero skill with perspective and have no imagination...

Any ways here is one and two!!!

And then a Kathrin sketch, the pose is taken from one of Tom's sketches in his DA.

:kathrin:

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

Re: Poor sketches...

#2 Post by coal »

Okay...

Here is some one enjoying one of my favourite hobbies; reading...

Oh noes it's too big for the whole thing, well heres a link for the full pic I think...http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2804/reading.jpg

GreencoyotE
Templar GrandMaster

Re: coal's stuff is finally here!!!

#3 Post by GreencoyotE »

That's one fun way to read, it is. ;3
About that Kathrin pic, judging by the position of the arms and the size of the breasts, I think they should be a bit more squished together unless of course, she's resting them on her arms...I'm not sure if anyone can back me up on this. Other than that it looks neat.
Pretty much all I wanted to say. Keep practicing, mate!

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

Re: Poor sketches...

#4 Post by coal »

Oh noes, one more for this... cold and lonely topic...

again I seem to have the most trouble drawing the hands... I wish I could draw tom hands... any way's here is another sketch thing.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

Re: Poor sketches... By coal

#5 Post by coal »

Ok this is me
if I were a ninja
who didn't were all black and liked scarfs of sorts... :?
as you might be able to see I sorta pencil coloured this one, so it is very grainy ish. :roll:

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#6 Post by emmy »

i have to say that must be one of the best, if not, the best of your drawings so far. don't worry about hands, they'll come naturally one day.

there is one little thing to say about proportions: the legs. your legs are not much longer than the torso. however, in human anatomy, the thigh alone is almost as long as the torso.

i could give some tips on pencil coloring: when coloring large faces without textures or very soft textures, use short, soft strokes with the pencil as flat on the paper as possible (depending on what lies best in your hand and accuracy) or color by making big, soft and smooth circles with your hand. it takes away the 'striped pajamas' texture effect and also leaves less white.

with (straight) hair however, it's best to actually have those stripes. i usually use soft short strokes and harder, longer strokes mixed together to get a 'hairy' effect. curly hair works best with harder, small loops.

with rough, woven textures like say, a jute potato sack, you can use hard, short crosshatching over a softer, smooth base.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#7 Post by coal »

Thanks Emmy you make my lonely topic less lonely, I'm gonna try more coloured ones later I think, But usually I prefer just to try and get porportions right.

On another note here is Roland and Basil from Sage Akusa or Sage of Magic, I had to do somthing for them because I think that they are awsome!!! :grin:

Roland is the one with the cape right? :?

Edit: Ok that doesn't fit sooo... if you wan't all of the text here is a link.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8602/rolandscape.jpg

On reflection it was really late at night like 11:00 or somthing and I forgot the rest of Roland's pony tail thing...

Ohh and emmy I think the legs sort of continue for a bit under his apron shirt extention thing for a little bit, so it appears off balence I guess.

emmy

#8 Post by emmy »

yeah, it does appear that way, but i measured it from the red band, minus a bit for the crotch.

but, i'm probably talking about something most people don't even see. perfectionism 'n such... besides laziness about the worst curse an artist can have.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#9 Post by coal »

perfectionism's a [censored] some times, I end up with so much eraser marks on my paper all of the time, and I have to stop drawing only on like so small, most of the my sketches are only like 5 inches in length by like 3 inches, or something like that. And it makes the details hard to get into correcting and such. :?
Even one the slightly larger sketches the forum cuts out the sides too. So I'll have to try and avoid that in the future.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#10 Post by coal »

Ok sorry for the double post but new stuff to put on OK?

Here is a hand sketch I was practising from thats on tom's DA, the other sketch is when I was thinking about what to draw or if I should copy from tom's DA, Then I drew myself thinking!!! Yay!!!

emmy

#11 Post by emmy »

coal wrote:perfectionism's a [censored]
QFT
coal wrote:most of the my sketches are only like 5 inches in length by like 3 inches
well, at least you don't do face studies on a post stamp, less than 1 by 1 inch. (yes, i really do that)
coal wrote:Even one the slightly larger sketches the forum cuts out the sides too. So I'll have to try and avoid that in the future.
simple, just post a linky towards the images instead of embedding it.

btw, the cutting is because of your screen size, the forum pages adapt to your screen size so it all fits in, and if they have to &^$! up an image, well, it does.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Kraesh
Merchant

#12 Post by Kraesh »

These are actually looking really good! And the hands in the last one were almost if not entirely perfect (At least in my untrained eye)

You're doing really good! Just keep practicing like everyone else said!
Image <-Because that's AWESOME :3
Apparently I survived.

FerrusFerret
Grand Templar

#13 Post by FerrusFerret »

Much better than when I started really... you have a good eye for poses in my opinion (probably better than mine), you just need to refine your work is all :mrgreen: keep it up!
Current Game: >Gyromancer<

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#14 Post by coal »

Thanks for the support guys! :grin:

Though I probably only did good on the hand becuase I was copying from tom though... S:P

Oh and I tested the screen thing and you are right, I can't believe I never noticed that before thanks emmy! :D

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#15 Post by coal »

Yessss, found a computer, posting new sketches now.

this is my cat. arms are kinda weird though,

This is the karen + cookie image I did.

(NSFW)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5649/kathrin2.jpg

This is my baby, my best one yet, I actually think it is good. It isn't safe for work and it also took me long to do, like stargate sg1, and then relic hunter, and then ST: TNG so like 2 hours of actual work and 2 of minor corrections.

(NSFW)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4593/kathrin3.jpg
This is a poor one, I need to focus more and draw larger really. (;_;)

this is a random sketch I tried to do, got bored and stopped...

Ok I would like to ask people for things to do! becuase if I just try to think by myself, apparently I can only draw kathrin well... So Comment and give suggestions and stuff