More book 4 Information.

Discussion of Twokinds print media and other merchandise

Moderator: Moderators

Qwe304
Citizen

Re: More book 4 Information.

#16 Post by Qwe304 »

I'd forgotten to keep this thread updated, but here goes
I received my book on the 27th, and upon reading through it found that it was misaligned, with all the red in the book being slightly off-kilter. I contacted keenspot support, and they sent me a new one out the following monday. I got the replacement on thursday and am glad to report that it does not share the same issue. though, in my package I also received a second signed print, I hope i didn't end up with one that should go with someone else'

here's my whole collection now:
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#17 Post by ConkerBirdy »

I got no shipping update either and so I emailed them and they sent it out immediately. I just hope they remembered to add in my signature print because I paid extra for that before they all sold out.

Pretty damn shoddy in regards to shipping to be honest. I know Keenspot is supposed to be a small company and theyre bad for this type of stuff but this is pretty damn terrible service. Its just a shame this is the only way to get TK books unless you meet Tom in person. I just hope the other books come in time when i order them while visiting family in LA.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#18 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I sent an e-mail a couple weeks ago and got a "blah-blah-blah" reply from Teri Crosby with Keenspot, saying that they're doing things as quick as they can. I've seen nothing new since then.

I'm still waiting on another order from a Katbox artist through Kickstarter for over six months. Haven't seen an update on that since April, although he was still waiting on some extra items to come in at that time before doing any shipments. While I could e-mail that person, I'm sure some others have already inquired and I would prefer not to add more to the pile. I've waited three years on an order before, so it's nothing new to me. :?

EDIT: I received a shipping notice earlier today. :)
Videre videnda.

Swiftpaws

#19 Post by Swiftpaws »

I just sent an email to Keenspot about my copy. I ordered early and got the premium edition with the signed print and haven't heard any information about it. I was displeased to search for information and find some people started getting their items a couple months ago.

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#20 Post by ConkerBirdy »

So I got my book, and even the signature print (thankfully). I still never got a reply back for my email. If it took this bloody short to ship out why the hell was it delayed for so goddamn long?

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21 Post by Turaiel »

This is just a guess, but they probably have some reserve stock set aside for people who ask about their shipment. Meanwhile I suspect they're shipping orders as quickly as they can receive and process them. There are only a few people in the company, after all.
Website Administrator

Swiftpaws

#22 Post by Swiftpaws »

After shooting them an e-mail they sent me a tracking number and I had my book and print in a couple of days. Unfortunately the postal service left it laying out in the rain, but Keen had the book and print packaged inside a plastic wrapper that protected them from the elements.

Book looks great, now I need to buy a frame for my autographed print!

<3 Thom
<3 Keen

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Dadrobit »

Turaiel wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:33 am This is just a guess, but they probably have some reserve stock set aside for people who ask about their shipment. Meanwhile I suspect they're shipping orders as quickly as they can receive and process them. There are only a few people in the company, after all.
I mean, I get that there are only a few folks behind this operation, but this is approaching truly silly levels of odd shipping practices. Last week another fandom member was talking about how they finally received their shipment in the Picarto chat, but here're the kickers: They live in Australia and ordered their package after I ordered my own.

It's been two months since they started shipping and they're sending out intercontinental shipments to folks who ordered theirs well past folks who were day one pre-orders and even live in the same country?

They might be small, but they're not new at this. They've been around the better part of two decades have been dealing with shipments for most of that time. This is some truly amateur hour stuff here.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#24 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:12 pm
Turaiel wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:33 am This is just a guess, but they probably have some reserve stock set aside for people who ask about their shipment. Meanwhile I suspect they're shipping orders as quickly as they can receive and process them. There are only a few people in the company, after all.
I mean, I get that there are only a few folks behind this operation, but this is approaching truly silly levels of odd shipping practices. Last week another fandom member was talking about how they finally received their shipment in the Picarto chat, but here're the kickers: They live in Australia and ordered their package after I ordered my own.

It's been two months since they started shipping and they're sending out intercontinental shipments to folks who ordered theirs well past folks who were day one pre-orders and even live in the same country?

They might be small, but they're not new at this. They've been around the better part of two decades have been dealing with shipments for most of that time. This is some truly amateur hour stuff here.
Most likely they just gather the books and outsource the shipping to a real shipping company. What i am trying to say is that they are probably just a middle man and not that experienced since most of the work is done by someone else. Although that is just an educated guess.
On the other hand intercontinental shipments were probably sent first since they take much longer to arrive at their destination. But because of mailing shenanigans they got there first.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#25 Post by Dadrobit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm Most likely they just gather the books and outsource the shipping to a real shipping company. What i am trying to say is that they are probably just a middle man and not that experienced since most of the work is done by someone else. Although that is just an educated guess.
On the other hand intercontinental shipments were probably sent first since they take much longer to arrive at their destination. But because of mailing shenanigans they got there first.
Keenspot has ties to Diamond Comic Distributors to ship to theirs and others' brick and mortar shops, however the last package that I received from them for a TwoKinds order had no such labeling. Only Keenspot. I'd be curious to find out if anyone here's orders has DCD labeling on the shipment anywhere?

And as for the international shipping, yeah, that might've been a thing. Except that the reason I really started talking to that person in chat in earnest about their order was because it only took Keenspot 4 days to ship it to them from their own notification. Yet I've still got radio silence on my end.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#26 Post by Turaiel »

As far as I know, Keenspot does not use Diamond to distribute from their own shop. I've never been able to find them in a brick and mortar shop, either. I can at least see from Diamond's preview catalog that some of Keenspot's comics are indeed sold through them. I suspect at least some of their comics can be ordered by request at a Diamond-affiliated shop (most of them because monopoly lol), even if they're not kept stocked.
Website Administrator

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#27 Post by Schrodinger »

I got a text notification yesterday that my order has shipped. We'll see how long it takes to get to me.

UPDATE: It arrived three days later, I also got a softback version of Marry Me and No Room For Magic #1 in the package. Neat. I guess that was a pack-in because of the delays.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#28 Post by Lief »

I forgot this thread existed, but I received a text notification that my order shipped out on the 29th. It should be here sometime today (Nov 2nd), supposedly.

Honestly I kind of forgot I'd ordered it.

EDIT: Yep, got it today, book and print.

Furbiticus

#29 Post by Furbiticus »

Ordered mine plus the tshirt early as well when it was first posted. Still waiting on it to ship i just hope the give me a signature copy like i ordered. I get they are small but geez its taking a while.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by aitaituo »

I got mine today along with a No Room For Magic #1.