Twokinds Website Upgrade Status

Announcements about forum and website maintenance

Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Twokinds Website Upgrade Status

#16 Post by TinyVoices »

Turaiel wrote:1 ) The archive has been consolidated into the main page layout!
2 ) A dark theme has been introduced! Click "Lights Off" on the sidebar to activate it!
3 ) You can now navigate between comics using arrow keys or the J and K keys.
4 ) The archive page will now remember which chapters you had expanded for a few minutes, so you no longer have to re-expand them when you go back and forth.
5 ) Minor style updates
6 ) The website is now slightly more mobile-friendly. On small screens, navigation buttons will expand to be easier to tap. An issue with the page not filling the screen has been corrected.
7 ) A new URL scheme. Don't worry, your links won't break! Old links will be redirected to the equivalent new URL automatically.
8 ) All old comic pages have been replaced with high-res, updated versions!
9) "Twokinds - 13 Years on the Net!" instead of "Twokinds - 12 Years on the Net!" ?

:mrgrin:

xamali
Grand Templar

#17 Post by xamali »

Oh, man! Just saw the dark theme for the website! It looks awesome! Even the header changes accordingly, and turns from day to night. Seriously, awesome job, and i truly loved it! :heart:
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

drathbun

#18 Post by drathbun »

For what it's worth, my original bookmark no longer works. My original bookmark included "index.php" which I suspect is no longer present / available. It would be nice to create a forward / redirect for those that are not going to be able to figure that out...

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#19 Post by Turaiel »

drathbun wrote:For what it's worth, my original bookmark no longer works. My original bookmark included "index.php" which I suspect is no longer present / available. It would be nice to create a forward / redirect for those that are not going to be able to figure that out...
Fixed! I had redirects in place for every old URL I could think of.. except that one.
Website Administrator

drathbun

#20 Post by drathbun »

Confirmed, works perfectly now. Thanks.

ZombieAstronaut
Traveler

#21 Post by ZombieAstronaut »

Found one more bug. Chapter 11 description in the archive is missing. There are duplicate of Chapter 12 description instead.

PS happy valentine's day :heart:
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#22 Post by RowanEx »

ZombieAstronaut wrote:Found one more bug. Chapter 11 description in the archive is missing. There are duplicate of Chapter 12 description instead.

If it weren't for the fact that it's been there for Feb 12 and I've never thought it's a bug, well, I would've said it then.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Cyon »

Upon re-reading, I found this spelling mistake in the new pages (not in the old, I compared)
I've linked the photo to the page.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Samantaz
Master

#24 Post by Samantaz »

Oh damn ! Good job !

I also just noticed the rework of most of the pages ! Dat is awesome !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Turaiel
Administrator

#25 Post by Turaiel »

ZombieAstronaut wrote:Found one more bug. Chapter 11 description in the archive is missing. There are duplicate of Chapter 12 description instead.

Fixed, thanks!
Cyon wrote:Upon re-reading, I found this spelling mistake in the new pages (not in the old, I compared)
I've linked the photo to the page.
Yeah, there are bound to be errors in both the comic and the transcript. I think Amenon has been scanning for them as he updates the transcripts for the new pages.
Website Administrator

Turaiel
Administrator

#26 Post by Turaiel »

ThunderVolt wrote:I don't know if this was intentional or not, but when I hit "Lights Out" and leave the page, when I come back, it's still dark.

That's not the problem. The problem is that it'll randomly change every time I visit the page, even if I restart the computer and don't touch the button.
Yep, that's intended behavior! Your preference will be saved for when you come back, until you change it or clear your cookies. Thanks!
Website Administrator

Samantaz
Master

#27 Post by Samantaz »

I'll bump on that : Is it possible to also switch the twitter widget to dark theme ? It'd be really nice !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Turaiel
Administrator

#28 Post by Turaiel »

Samantaz wrote:I'll bump on that : Is it possible to also switch the twitter widget to dark theme ? It'd be really nice !
I did a lot of research into this while I was building the site. Unfortunately due to the nature of the widget, it's not possible to restyle it. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Website Administrator

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#29 Post by AmigaDragon »

Cyon wrote:Boy, this is amazing! Even the banner changes from day to night in the new mode, I love it!
I noticed this a week or so ago but why isn't it changing on my tablet? It appears to be stuck on daylight while right now my desktop computer seems stuck on night.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turaiel
Administrator

#30 Post by Turaiel »

AmigaDragon wrote:
Cyon wrote:Boy, this is amazing! Even the banner changes from day to night in the new mode, I love it!
I noticed this a week or so ago but why isn't it changing on my tablet? It appears to be stuck on daylight while right now my desktop computer seems stuck on night.
Dunno! What browsers are you using? Is it only the banner that's stuck?
Website Administrator