2011 Server Optimizations

Announcements about forum and website maintenance

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
The Artist

2011 Server Optimizations

#1 Post by Tom »

aj sez: "Just finished installing mod_pagespeed to begin the next round of server optimisations. Report any instability, problem, good thing or general speed up here please. :mrgreen: "

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: 2011 Server Optimizations

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

Oh okay... that's what that server not responsive page was about... thank god. I was like "nooooooo". well now that i think about it... it is running a bit faster. I don't have random lag when i am switching between posts. But then again i did just get a new internet provider and router... I'll have to wait a little more before i can say anything major i suppose.

furon117
Templar Master

#3 Post by furon117 »

Well on my PC I've noticed a little speed up while useing chrome and more noticible speed up on firefox and IE. Unfortunatly this seems to have screwed my PSP over, all the things that list if someones on or offline, the emotion faces, if the topic is popular and if there has been a post recently, and all the report/quote/edit buttons are just displayed as the broken red X image which is very anoying but not top priority, if you can find the time please look into this as most of my posts are from my PSP.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

Ok now that i've been on for a while since my new internet provider... It all loads nice and fast now. My firefox doesn't randomly like to lag and take a good few years to load the page. so far so good.

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#5 Post by aj »

Furon117, I think I know what the problem is. I'll contact you in a bit to get more details.

Anyone else have any other problems?

Foxhound
Citizen

#6 Post by Foxhound »

I don't know if this is the right topic, i didn't see ány other topic.
The button to get to the archive isn't working and i don't know if everybody has this, i'm just reporting it

aj

#7 Post by aj »

Er... you're going to have to be more specific there, Foxhound. Which button exactly?

Foxhound
Citizen

#8 Post by Foxhound »

[quote="aj"]Er... you're going to have to be more specific there, Foxhound. Which button exactly?[/quote]
the one under the last comic that says 'archive' when i click it the page just get refreshed, the same seems to be happening when i hit the normal link on the left which says 'archive'

aj

#9 Post by aj »

Hmm. Try forcing a refresh of the page and trying again. I'm guessing some changes were made to the archive, but I'm not sure what. In any case, it seems to be working for me now.

Foxhound
Citizen

#10 Post by Foxhound »

yeah it is working again