Attention New Members!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

Attention New Members!

#1 Post by FastChapter »

First off, welcome to the forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules before you venture off onto the other boards.

Now you've probably noticed by now the several locked threads in the Newbie Board. While this is a place for new members to introduce themselves, most of the threads that are created descend into general chaos within a day. Rather than having an awkward "Hey, I'm new here" to start you off, I thought it would be worth our time to create something of a short biography for new members to fill out. This will help us get to know something about you right off the bat.

And in retrospect, if you aren't comfortable filling out certain lines, feel free to skip them. On the same token, if you feel there's something that you'd like to add that isn't listed, do so!

Also note, this isn't mandatory! :grin: Just a friendly suggestion! Add/omit whatever you like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alias:

Profession:

Hobbies:

Likes/Dislikes:

Why You Joined:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The idea behind this is to give us something to talk to you about that you are interested in, rather than our usual tongue-in-cheek jokes that you probably won't have a clue how to respond to.

And remember, the Newbie Board is a place to greet new members before they venture into the main boards! If spamming begins to outnumber greetings, the threads are apt to be locked!

Look forward to see you in the forums!

~FastChapter

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#2 Post by Raphael »

i think this should be made into a sticky, we need some guidelines for people that dont know how to properly introduce themselves.

GD
Grand Templar

#3 Post by GD »

I second this. I'd much rather post here if you could actually talk about the newbies instead of the terrible lolrandom jokes and roleplaying.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Sithil »

*Applauds.*

Very good FastChapter! This is a great idea. Though you should also add that the newbies are free not to fill in any parts he or she doesen't want to be public knowledge.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#5 Post by Kinuki »

Sithil wrote:*Applauds.*

Very good FastChapter! This is a great idea. Though you should also add that the newbies are free not to fill in any parts he or she doesen't want to be public knowledge.
Indeed, as my A/S/L is something I usually prefer not to disclose.
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

foxlord
Elder foxy

#6 Post by foxlord »

*Light chuckle* Finally...I've been here for years and yet this is the first time I ever saw something even REMOTELY close to order here. While this means spam will be cut nearly or completely out of here it also means new members again. Well done FastChapter, well done. *Clasps his shoulder warmly*
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#7 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

First thought after reading the thread title and creator:
"Wait, Fast finlly became mod?"
:P

Hopefully this should help seal the deal, no?

Dude55 the cat-dude
New Citizen

#8 Post by Dude55 the cat-dude »

Haha i demand a sticky!

This is a very good idea fast chapter I DEMAND A STICKY!

Do not taunt the normal wolf.Theyre smarter then the smart ones.

Fear my horribly made paint avatar!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

What about current members? Or those who joined just recently?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Rekats Rovert
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Rekats Rovert »

Shrodinger wrote:What about current members? Or those who joined just recently?
You think we should all make new "Greetings" threads? Cause... that would be a bit chaotic, I think.

Dude55 the cat-dude
New Citizen

#11 Post by Dude55 the cat-dude »

Rekats Rovert wrote:
Shrodinger wrote:What about current members? Or those who joined just recently?
You think we should all make new "Greetings" threads? Cause... that would be a bit chaotic, I think.
What exactly does that mean current members?I think we all know whos who.Well at least me.im in west palm florida.13 yrs old.And am male OBVIOUSLY

Do not taunt the normal wolf.Theyre smarter then the smart ones.

Fear my horribly made paint avatar!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#12 Post by Schrodinger »

Just a random thought.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Raphael »

Shrodinger wrote:Just a random thought.
it doesn't hurt to speak your mind, but sometimes you just have to keep things to yourself. asking current members to introduce themselves again is just a bit idiotic...not that you are or anything, i'm just saying that the question was kinda dumb.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#14 Post by FastChapter »

Sithil and Kinuki brought up a good point, and I added a note saying you don't have to fill out anything you feel uncomfortable letting us know. Obviously we don't want your address, but it'd be nice to get a State/Country, :)

(Also, no, I'm not a mod, :P Just thought this might help restore some kind of order. It'll probably be past Thanksgiving by the time Tom reads that PM I sent him, XD)

I would advise against making new threads to introduce existing members. I would love to make one as well, but it would probably lead to forty-some new threads being created from our veterans.

zhimoda
Ringtail Foxie

#15 Post by zhimoda »

Glad you posted this Fast. Hopefully it'll help give a guideline for folks to follow, now ya just gotta hope folks come here and read it. Hope to see it stickied.