A New Challenger Appears!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

A New Challenger Appears!

#1 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Heya, everyone! I've been here for around two weeks now, but I just realized I never actually got around to introducing myself :P

My name's Jonah, and I'm a writer! I do other things too (sometimes), but writing's my main hobby, passion, and profession. I study it, philosophy, and political science at university, so I've got a full courseload to deal with when I'm not on here!

I first got into Twokinds three years ago, when I ended up trapped in a motel for two weeks by myself after an incredibly long and convoluted series of events. I'd heard of it through some of Markiplier's streams, so I figured I might as well read it while I had some time on my hands! Needless to say, I fell in love with the story, and I'd been lurking here for a while before I finally decided to make an account.

Currently, I'm working on a series of fanfictions taking place in a gender-bent Twokinds universe. They're not exactly safe for work, so I ask that anyone under the age of 18 refrain from reading them, but yeah :grin: Expect the first of those some time in the near future!

Aside from all of that, umm...ask me anything, I guess?
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

Re: A New Challenger Appears!

#2 Post by Neutral Smith »

Welcome!

Always nice to have a few dirty creative minds around.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

Agreed. Welcome to the Fray, don't drink the water. :wink:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Oh Hi!.
Welcome to this quaint corner of the internet.
I think you are the first person that actually heard about Twokind from Markiplier. I was subbed to him for years and took me two months to realize he and Tom were brothers. And by realize I meant told by someone else in this forum.
In any case you have already been warned about the water so:
Happy foruming.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler

#5 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 am Oh Hi!.
Welcome to this quaint corner of the internet.
I think you are the first person that actually heard about Twokind from Markiplier. I was subbed to him for years and took me two months to realize he and Tom were brothers. And by realize I meant told by someone else in this forum.
In any case you have already been warned about the water so:
Happy foruming.
Really? I would've expected it to be a lot more. The two of them did some streams together, and I found the comic because I Googled Tom after one of those streams! Of course, it was a few months before I actually read it, but y'know...

I dunno what y'all mean about the water, but I'll keep it in mind :grin:
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Bellhead »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 pm I dunno what y'all mean about the water, but I'll keep it in mind :grin:
To be honest, neither do I. It's always said here, like "Enjoy your stay" or the like. Think it's a reference to something...

Guys?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 am
JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 pm I dunno what y'all mean about the water, but I'll keep it in mind :grin:
To be honest, neither do I. It's always said here, like "Enjoy your stay" or the like. Think it's a reference to something...

Guys?
I just know that I am required by local authorities to issue that warning to every new user unless upper management has already issued it. No idea either.

*No for real i have no idea either. Its seems to be a reference to something. Hayate and Co seem to know more about it.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

Hayate!

... Where's this reference from?

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:10 pm*No for real i have no idea either. Its seems to be a reference to something. Hayate and Co seem to know more about it.
I don’t know for sure exactly where it came from. It’s more just a forum tradition at this point. Way back when I joined I read a lot of the old newbie threads and an old user always warned people about the water. They didn’t seem to be active anymore, so I stole it. I used it in every welcome thread from that point on. These days I am somewhat lax when it comes to welcome threads, so others seem to have taken over the water precautionary warnings. Thus the tradition continues.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! We aren’t as active as we once were, but there is still lots to do and read through here if you take the time to look. Just don’t drink the water... I’ve heard bad things...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#10 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

Hayate wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:08 am I don’t know for sure exactly where it came from. It’s more just a forum tradition at this point.

When bellhead first said that to me I was kinda confused but my understanding is that it's kinda like a dad-joke (no offense, I consider lots of things dad-jokey) for when you first meet someone like "it's ok I don't bite" or "Hop in the pool, there's no sharks" where they give you a small sense of comfort and make you smile by warning you about something that doesn't exist/wouldn't happen.
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

AnApocalypticLime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:33 am
Hayate wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:08 am I don’t know for sure exactly where it came from. It’s more just a forum tradition at this point.
      When bellhead first said that to me I was kinda confused but my understanding is that it's kinda like a dad-joke (no offense, I consider lots of things dad-jokey) for when you first meet someone like "it's ok I don't bite" or "Hop in the pool, there's no sharks" where they give you a small sense of comfort and make you smile by warning you about something that doesn't exist/wouldn't happen.
This. Precisely this. You'll fit right in. :)

And yeah, I take no offense to that being called a dad joke. Been here since before I started, way back when, either way.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by mullac »

Welcome to the forums! Its always good to see a new face! I'm glad everyone has warned you about the water its been undrinkable for at least 10 years, we should really get someone to fix it. :grin:

Its true things have gotten a bit quiet around here but we seem to be getting a lot of new and returning faces so hopefully things will get going a bit more !

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler

#13 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! It's been a while since I was in a dedicated media forum like this, but I'm glad to see none of you bite, even if the water's undrinkable :P

Just realized I never filled out the new user template, but oh well xD If any of y'all got any questions for me, just PM me and ask -- I try my best not to bite, too!