Hullo!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

Hullo!

#1 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Hey everyone, new guy here! When I first found Twokinds I binged it in a day, and have been moderately active on Patreon and Reddit for a year or so now. I never joined the forum because when I first clicked on the link, I saw a topic from 2008 and assumed it was well and dead. On a closer inspection yesterday, I’m really glad it’s still ticking! I have a lot of things I’d love to discuss :heart:

I’ve also done something you guys will probably be interested in (which I’ll make a bigger post about when I get a lay of the land here), an archive of everything Tom has made (minus paid comics (which I’m not putting in for tom’s sake, obv) and the comic sketches (which I just haven’t gotten around to doing yet). But everything else, everything from DA, Patreon, every comic page, every side page, and every con sketch I could find is all squirreled away in a publicly accessible page! I’ll keep on updating it whenever Tom makes new stuff, and I hope you guys enjoy it <3

(Sorry I couldn’t figure out how to format it so it looks all pretty, I’m on mobile (;_;) )
https://mega.nz/#F!2DQi3YyJ!DSGAFA0oaEFCRtmwHHPgaQ

Anyway I’m super happy to be joining the community, and I can’t wait to meet you all! Cheers!

Edit: I completely forgot to tell you guys anything about myself. I’m a first year student at Uni, and though I’m not yet sure what my major will be I’m liking biology so far! My hobbies include playing board games, video games, reading, and some writing. I originally found Twokinds through Amino (eww I know, it seems like this community is far better!).

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

Re: Hullo!

#2 Post by Arcus_Deer »

I’ve seen some other ones, and wasn’t happy with the amount of things they had or they weren’t current or they weren’t well organized or they weren’t easy to find and download things, so I just decided to do it myself! If nothing else it was good enough to replace the old crappy one on the subreddit, so I’m pleased with what I’ve accomplished!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

This remote corner of the internet salutes you!
This place is not a bustling city but is certainly not a ghost town (yet)
And that is a nice project, why the recent changes to Patreon guidelines a lot of sketches got blocked and it is unlikely Tom will find time to ever upload all of them to DA or such.

Hope you have a nice time here. Happy foruming!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#4 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Thank you!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Dadrobit »

Welcome to the forums! :mrgrin:

Always good to see project oriented folk enter in here.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#6 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Thanks Dadrobit! I think we actually met a long time ago in the floofbox, it’s nice to talk to you again :grin:

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Dadrobit »

Arcus_Deer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:37 am Thanks Dadrobit! I think we actually met a long time ago in the floofbox, it’s nice to talk to you again :grin:
Ayyyyy, I almost forgot about that place! I think I do recall that name, but apologies that I don't recall any particular interactions off the top of my head. Stopped going there when I quit my job to work from home a bit over a year ago, and ironically found myself with less time to goof around lol.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#8 Post by Arcus_Deer »

It wasn’t my main stomping ground either, but fun to know we crossed paths once or twice in the past! Small world, right?

If I may, how’s working from home treating you, and what is it that you do?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Dadrobit »

Small world indeed! :mrgrin:

I actually got into voice acting. It's fun, a bit of a childhood dream that I'm trying to make real. Very feast or famine though which is rough. Having a week of auditions getting accepted one right after the other, followed by a month of people telling me no. I have a few mainstay clients that keep me working enough to keep the lights on and Ramen on the table though, so that's nice!

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#10 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Super cool, man! Glad to see you following your dreams and (for the most part it seems) succeeding! :) :heart:

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Dadrobit »

Arcus_Deer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:16 am Super cool, man! Glad to see you following your dreams and (for the most part it seems) succeeding! :) :heart:
I hated working in retail, and I sure as Hell wasn't making security my "career". Nose to the grindstone working from home, I'll make it happen.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#12 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Retail is the pits, I’m glad you’ve found something you’re passionate about that you can turn into a real career! Hopefully I can do the same someday :)

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#13 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! :nora:

I think we may have met once before too. Or maybe it's just that your avatar looks familiar.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler

#14 Post by Arcus_Deer »

Please tell me that’s a Futurama reference!!

And I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure unless you had a different username, but maybe you’ve seen me around! My avatar is courtesy of the lovely DeerH, so perhaps you just recognize their art style too :)

As for you, your pfp is by Jared if I don’t miss my mark?

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#15 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Arcus_Deer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:38 am Please tell me that’s a Futurama reference!!

And I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure unless you had a different username, but maybe you’ve seen me around! My avatar is courtesy of the lovely DeerH, so perhaps you just recognize their art style too :)

As for you, your pfp is by Jared if I don’t miss my mark?
1) Of course it is.
2) That must be it. Must have gotten confused with the ear thingies. Haven't seen much of anything about DeerH lately
3) Yes it was done by Jared :nora: