Breathe Deep, Seek Peace

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

IlvermornyMage

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace

#1 Post by IlvermornyMage »

Alias: Hi! I've gone by a lot of names online over the years, but my most common handle currently is IlvermornyMage, or just mage for short. I've also gone by EORS, Theta Sigma, or Thete, so if you recognize one of those names, say hi!

Age: I am a young adult concerned for their privacy, so let's just say my driver's license isn't new but if I chose to buy alcohol anywhere in the western world, I would get carded.

Gender: I'm a demiboy, but you can call me a man if you must. My correct pronouns are they/them, but he/him is acceptable.

Location: I am a US citizen who moves a lot, but you can usually find me on one of the coasts.

Profession: Student, studying English and Religion

Hobbies: I draw a lot, I like roleplaying games (tabletop or written, I'm not a fan of online rpgs), I read a lot, I play video games (PS4 mainly, cause my dad works for sony so he gets a discount on that stuff), and of course I read several webcomics.

Why You Joined: A lot of reasons. I've been reading for a while now, and I've genuinely enjoyed the series. It's also demonstrated one of the better presentations of a trans male character, which I've found hard to come by. Natani's own ignorance and the questionable ways he has been drawn at times have been frustrating, but overall I appreciate his presentation. And I predict I will get into fights with people over him, but that's not my real goal, it's just the sort of thing that tends to happen when people defend the validity of transgender people. The biggest reason I joined was to talk to other people who like TwoKinds, because I don't know a lot of other people who like webcomics at all, let alone one as good as this. I like to chat, and I like to chat the most about fiction I like.

Can't wait to talk! And if you get the reference in the title, I really can't wait to talk to you!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Breathe Deep, Seek Peace

#2 Post by Dadrobit »

Welcome to the forums! :mrgrin:

And of course feel free to use the drawing board for all of your new arts!

IlvermornyMage

#3 Post by IlvermornyMage »

Thanks guys! Glad to be here!

I'm gonna keep an eye out for that rp! Hope the building goes well, I know it can be a challenge :)

And I plan to, I've only posted one 2K thing on my DA, and that's just an old portrait of Natani, but I think I'll be doing more soon! I've also been checking out what people have been posting here and in the DA group, it looks pretty cool!

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#4 Post by Elemental Templar »

I just realized your name is the greeting used from Dinotopia by James Gurney!!! That was one of my favorite book series as a Kid!!!
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

IlvermornyMage

#5 Post by IlvermornyMage »

Yes someone got it! I adored the miniseries when I was very young, and then my parents showed me the first two books and I fell in love. I mean, I didn't notice the flaws in the miniseries as a youngster but Gurney takes the time to do so much good worldbuilding in the books! And his art is so gorgeous, did you know he used little toys and models to help him create those pieces? He had a couple little posable dinosaur models that he used as pose and lighting references! Sometimes when I reread it, I go through with the saurian script key and translate all the signs he places around. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the exact letters are, but all of them are actual signs, like there's one for a gingko salad bar, and the taxis say "taxi", everything in the illustrations is so carefully detailed!
Sadly I only ever had the first two books as a kid, but I'm hoping I can get my hands on the rest of the series at some point