Shalom!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

MrZ

Shalom!

#1 Post by MrZ »

Alias: Mr.Z

Hobbies: YouTube, Reading Webcomics, Writing, Gaming

Likes: History, Table Top Gaming, Video Games, Steam, Electric Swing, A Spice of Dark Humor, Horror Gene

Dislikes: Politics (don't rightly care too much, I vote and pay taxes and that's pretty much it), Attitude, Drama,

When I discovered TwoKinds:

I've been a fan of TwoKinds since about 2009 as I was settling in to my new home in Plano, Texas. I don't rightly think it's polite to unload my life story onto the forum here, but let's just say for a number of brash infrequent times of my life, my personal life was in turmoil. One of these times was when parents split while the family was located in Oklahoma and Ma, being the one with custody of me, only had sanctuary further down south in Texas where her friend lived. While my parents were up in arms settlin' out their lil marriage ending spat, I, was mostly left to my own devices.

Que my introduction to the willy ways of the internet. I spend most of my time on the, at the time, four year old wonder known as YouTube. Of course, to anyone who was around there back in the day knows that YouTube - while having a good variety of YouTubers at the time - wasn't as full to the brim of content creators as it is now. One day I was so bored than instead of hoping on YouTube I went to google images to look at various cartoons, animation stills, etc (I was a kid and this was my literal first few months ever being on the internet that's why I went to google images and not a specific website). I wanted desperately to be an animator and looked around at all the random images from the search "cartoon animation stuff" or something like that. A few scrolls later a particular image caught my eye - a cropped portion of page one of the Prologue (I vaguely remember it being that panel of Trace laying on his back). I was brought to the webcomic page proper.

Twokinds has been an outlet for the various stresses of life. It's my favorite comic, plain and simple. Not only have I bought the physical copy of book one, but I even bought the side story of the Dragon Masquerade (which was sadly lost in my move up north to Michigan).

It's taken me so long to actually join the official forum because, well, I ain't necessarily a people person. I figured at some point I should give it a try. There's only so many times you can re-read the comic in the quest for wanting more of the story so I figured my thirst for "more TwoKinds" could be satisfied here on the forum.

I appreciate you for taking the time to read this!

- Z
:keith: :Lynn: :Maddie:

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Shalom!

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

Welcome to the pit, rookie. Remember, you're here forever.
Oh, one more thing: the water is safe to drink.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#3 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Welcome to the TwoKinds Forums. :D I hope you enjoy things here. Trails abound and plenty of sightseeing.
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Dadrobit »

Welcome to the forums! :mrgrin:

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#5 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! :nora:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

Hello and welcome to the forums! We have lots of fun stuff to do here if you take the time to look around! Just remember to read the rules! Oh, and don't drink the water... I've heard bad things...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#7 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

"Shalom"? Do you speak Hebrew? :)

MrZ

#8 Post by MrZ »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 am "Shalom"? Do you speak Hebrew? :)
I do not. My roommate and I use it because we like how it sounds (he does not speak Hebrew either). It's just a wonderful sounding word to us. I wish I spoke Hebrew though. I like how it sounds. I have an affinity for language.

MrZ

#9 Post by MrZ »

I appreciate all the warm welcomes! There's a lot more people than I expected.