Hey guys!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumTrills

Hey guys!

#1 Post by QuantumTrills »

Hahaha my whole life I've only ever joined one other forum. I'm relatively new to Twokinds, just found it about a week ago because of some link on tumblr, but I inhaled the whole thing in about two days and quickly fell in love with the characters and the story...as I'm sure all of you can relate. I've actually read a few different webcomics, but was never hit with that sadness you get when you run out of content to consume, like I was with this one hahahaha...so I thought y'know what better way to fill that void than with like minded fans?

So its nice to meet ya, I'm QuantumTrills, I guess Trill works? Although I also go by Mmetafour, or just Meta. I'm 24, Male, and I live in Sunny Southern Calfornia. I'm a starbucks barista by day and an artist and musician during all other times.(Mmetafour is my musician pseudonym) I do pixel art and traditional...and I used to do digital art too....but then my computer crashed and I decided I wasn't very good at it..and should practice a bit more traditional first before trying to tackle it again.

I like video games, music, video game music, meeting new people, and fettuccine alfredo...mmmm mmm...pasta....

I think...that pretty much covers it?

Oh also, does anyone know about the voice acting scene in regards to twokinds? I mean...its a pretty popular webcomic and I assumed people would be all over trying to dub it, but despite scouring the interwebs I've only found like...2 groups who did a couple chapters years ago....I'm no voice actor, but damn if I don't want to be Keith or Lynn...

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

Re: Hey guys!

#2 Post by TorqueEffect »

Welcome! I am new here too, and did exactly what you did.

Found and read through the entirety of the comic in a few nights about a week ago, and was immediately saddened when I realized I have to start waiting for updates.
Joined the forum for the same exact reason. lol

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Dadrobit »

Welcome to the forums! :mrgrin:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#4 Post by Hayate »

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm not aware of any current projects going on that include trying to dub the comic, just that it has been attempted in the past and didn't get very far. Anyways, we have lots of fun stuff to do here if you take the time to look around! Just remember to read the rules! Oh, and don't drink the water... I've heard bad things...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#5 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Welcome to the TwoKinds Forums. :D I hope you enjoy things here. The trails are always open.
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Dadrobit »

QuantumTrills wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:48 pm Does anyone know about the voice acting scene in regards to twokinds? I mean...its a pretty popular webcomic and I assumed people would be all over trying to dub it, but despite scouring the interwebs I've only found like...2 groups who did a couple chapters years ago....I'm no voice actor, but damn if I don't want to be Keith or Lynn...
Whoops, missed this part my first read through.

Like Hayate said, various attempts at voicing and or animating TK have turned to be a dime a dozen failures over the years. Unless you're willing to pay folks, it's incredibly hard to organize people and keep them working consistently on the project. Even as an intense labor of love, the projects never pan out.

Exhibit A: This threadnaught of a project spanned two years and 233 pages of concepts, but still couldn't manage a finished project.

My advice? If you want to do something, do it, but maybe don't get your hopes up too much...

QuantumTrills

#7 Post by QuantumTrills »

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 pm Whoops, missed this part my first read through.

Like Hayate said, various attempts at voicing and or animating TK have turned to be a dime a dozen failures over the years. Unless you're willing to pay folks, it's incredibly hard to organize people and keep them working consistently on the project. Even as an intense labor of love, the projects never pan out.

Exhibit A: This threadnaught of a project spanned two years and 233 pages of concepts, but still couldn't manage a finished project.

My advice? If you want to do something, do it, but maybe don't get your hopes up too much...
Yeahhhh well its no big deal anyway hahaha, as great as it would be to listen to the acting of later chapters, if these other projects are anything to go by.....starting a new one wouldn't make it very far hahahaha

Besides...I listened to a recording of my voice the other day....and uh...lets just say....I don't sound like EITHER of those characters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case, thanks for the warm welcome!

Bernardinio

#8 Post by Bernardinio »

have been lurking for a while, finally registered :D so, one more newbie is here !
If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Bernardinio wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 am have been lurking for a while, finally registered :D so, one more newbie is here !
Hey, welcome to the forums! You should go make your own introduction thread!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#10 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! :nora: