Music Interests?

Discuss music in here, both created by you and otherwise.

Moderator: Moderators

Areksu de Ekaki

Music Interests?

#1 Post by Areksu de Ekaki »

I was wondering what kind of interest you guys (and girls) have in music.
What kind of bands do you like, what your favorite genre of music is or whatever you think best describes how you view music. I prefer this:

Genre: Rock, Classic Rock, (some) Metal

Bands: AC/DC
Linkin Park
SlipKnot
Sum 41
Fallout Boy
Gorrilaz
Guns 'n Roses

Red62
New Citizen

#2 Post by Red62 »

Genre: Rock, Christian rock

bands: Switchfoot,
Tree63,
Linkin Park,
Hoobastank
Chris Tomblin
Breaking Benjiman
some of White Stripes
Sum41
U2,
Angels And Airways
Mobile
Pilot,
couple others i listen to on the radio...
If there's no whining about other people, or putting people on the spot if they don't want to, then I won't complain. If you do, BACKOFF!

Britt
New Citizen

#3 Post by Britt »

WOW, I think mine will be the most...err, diversed. Yeah, that's the word!

Genre: I suppose I enjoy METAL the most. But if you want to get down to it, I have no prefs really, just no Rap or Hip-Hop. (Gorillaz I can kind of stand...kind of.)

Bands: (Not listed in order of prefrence, just the order that I'm seeing them on the CD rack.)

Maroon5
NightWish
Enya
Megadeth
System of a Down
Metallica
Evanescence
Disturbed
Abandonded Pools
REEL BIG FISH

Those are my favs. I have to say out of all of them I listen to METALLICA or MEGADETH the most, I listen to Enya when I need something soothing. REEL BIG FISH is for just having fun! Yay!
They all deserve to die,
Even you.
Even I!

Kibibit

#4 Post by Kibibit »

I think I've got a decently diverse collection, ranging from Metal to Classic Hip-Hop (I'm not a huge fan of the more current batch...) to a bit of techno, to a bit of J-rock...

Disturbed
Lostprophets
Run-DMC
House of Pain
Diverse (You've probably never heard of him)
Aesop Rock
El-P
Acceptance
(Carlos) Santana
Living Legends
Creed
Alter Bridge
Evanescence
Maroon 5
Nas
Chevelle
Taproot
Thrice
Aerosmith

(And to give an honorable mention to Linkin Park, as they drew me into the rock scene, though once I was in deep enough, they became seriously inadequate)

Prim8

#5 Post by Prim8 »

Metal, 'indie' rock and pop, folk, classical

I enjoy progressive metal, power metal, doom metal, melodic death and some death.
Bands such as Dream Theater, Nightwish, Opeth, Kamelot, Dragonforce, My Dying Bride, etc

Bands/artists from other genre: Jeff Buckley, Belle and Sebastian, Rilo Kiley, Cat Power, Nirvana, Pedro The Lion

Classical: Orff, Puccini, Beethoven, Kachaturian, Schubert

Luca Fox
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Luca Fox »

Congrats on being the fourth or fifth person to make a thread like this! I suppose I will just have to sticky this one and lock the rest to discourage people from making any more of these.

I recently discovered MercyMe and am absolutely loving their song So Long Self. It's a really awesome song!

Here's a small list of bands and the like that I listen to which should give you an idea of what I like: VNV Nation, Jonathan Coulton, Futuristic Sex Robotz, Queen, Captain Jack, Daft Punk, Emery, 1TYM, Blue Oyster Cult, Modest Mouse, The Beatles, The Mars Volta, The Temptations, Banya, Tsunami Bomb, and Blink 182.

chibi
Traveler

#7 Post by chibi »

Thank you White!! It's starting to getting annoying with this thread being repeated over and over again.

For music interests... hmm... I definitely love my Jrock stuffs (not Vkei).

Bands I <3: Asian Kung-fu Generation, ART-SCHOOL, Snowkel, Fuji Fabric, Ellegarden, Beat Crusaders, Mo'some Tonebender, Straightener, Sparta Locals, Antique Cafe, Dashboard Confessional, The Pillows, The Brilliant Green, Drum:kan, Franz Ferdinand, Funeral for a Friend.

Bands I like some stuff from: Suga Shikao, HEADPHONES PRESIDENT (I want more if anyone has any), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Buck-Tick (just one song), Char, Chattomonchi, Ali Project, Coldplay, My Chemical Romance, Utada Hikaru, KAT-TUN, Jewel.

Now that I look back at that list... there's quite a range of stuff... Listing KAT-TUN by Jewel :lol:

Seph
Traveler

#8 Post by Seph »

If it's got a musical line I can whistle while I pretend to do my work, I like it. After all... I'm not judgemental.

Personally, though...

I am... quite possibly... the biggest fan of The Eagles ever.

*sigh*

Take it easy... I'm out.

Ashpool
Templar Master

#9 Post by Ashpool »

I generally prefer Rock/Alt Rock/Metal. Some of my favorite bands are Papa Roach, System of a Down, SR-71, A Perfect Circle, DragonForce(woot for English prog metal! :D), Skindred, Disturbed, and Rob Zombie. Oh, and Daft Punk. I <3 Daft Punk. :D
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

Isaac
Citizen

#10 Post by Isaac »

Audioslave, Creed, Disturbed, Fear Factory, Godsmack, Guns N' Roses, Ill Nino, Incubus, Korn, Machine Head, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine, Rob Zombie, Within Temptation, Nirvana.

That and a whole load of game music (Example: The entire DMC3 soundtrack is awesome).

tc60045

#11 Post by tc60045 »

how can I set an avatar on this chat board??[size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size]
[size=0]Pilot James McDuigue Airfare Asian Store[/size]

Ashpool
Templar Master

#12 Post by Ashpool »

tc60045 wrote:how can I set an avatar on this chat board??[size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size][size=0].[/size]
You can stop spamming random threads, for one thing. Make a thread in the FAQ board to ask questions.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

Manga

#13 Post by Manga »

I'll listen to anything, except rap, hip-hop and that old Britney spears-type pop...

My favourite bands are(in random order): Billy Talent, Angels and Airwaves, Great Big Sea, Aerosmith, Trooper, AC/DC, Big & Rich, Jack Johnson, Tom Petty.

I also like slightly harder rock than the ones mentioned, and country, but they aren't my favourites, so they're not listed

Edit: I also like Japanese rock and pop
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Sirver
Apprentice

#14 Post by Sirver »

Anything in the rock genre mainly goth, but not something combined with rock. (rap/rock). And dance which doesn't have repeated crap going over and over again.

ALEXIS ON FIRE!!!!!!! BEST BAND EVAH! =P
Welcome to the 21st Century, you are 10 years late.
FA

unholyprankster
Traveler
Location: Somewhere where the residents hate me for no reason.

#15 Post by unholyprankster »

rock all kinds from the 70's right up to now I cant stand country or that crap that MTV plays all the time, techno and some j-pop and throw in some classical music and im done
There is no circle of life you have been lied to please report to the nearest rehabilitiation center for the new triangle of Life studies.