Dadrobit Does Sound Design

Discuss music in here, both created by you and otherwise.

Moderator: Moderators

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Dadrobit Does Sound Design

#1 Post by Dadrobit »

So in the course of getting my audio engineering cert at college, I've kind of fallen in love with sound design. Not much to say on the matter other than that it's a fun hobby for me to go around making recordings from the things around me and making my own audio replacements for videos. I figured why not post some of the better stuff that I've done here? Mixing music is often a part of the work, so it almost kind of fits the bill for this section right? :mrgrin:

After one year of working in sound design, this is what myself and a partner were able to do in replacing the audio for a StarCraft 2 commercial.

phpBB [video]

My latest complete work two years and a For Honor trailer later.

phpBB [video]

This WoW one was not specifically my project, it was a classmate's, but I provided the narration and helped him a lot with the overall mixing.

phpBB [video]

For posterity reference for where I've come from, here's one of my very first attempts at sound design when I was just getting into the program with a United Health Care commercial. :mrgrin:
We had no female voices available in the class, so.... we made do with what we had to fit the work.

phpBB [video]

I'm no longer taking classes, so it's all self-driven from here on out, but the next project that I'm taking a stab at is one of the Death Stranding trailers using audio that is 100% recorded from my own home.

Lamberts

Re: Dadrobit Does Sound Design

#2 Post by Lamberts »

Cool vids!
You know, I'm a pretty good player. That's why I know how to make money easily. That's why I'm the one of jocuri sizzling hott rotiri gratuite champions. Right now I'm going to take my chances there.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Dadrobit »

In the middle of working on a Death Stranding video at the moment, but until I get that to a presentable state, here's a video of some choice clips of a couple of buddies of mine trying, (unsuccessfully) to record some lion vocalizations from the World Wildlife Zoo of Arizona! :mrgrin:

phpBB [video]

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#4 Post by Neutral Smith »

You really missed an opportunity with the lions doing what lions do.

Switch the first and second half, and edit in funny sound effects when they do their NSFW thing. (if they have done it on camera without you laughing)
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Dadrobit »

I'm always listening for new things to record, and sometimes my workplace provides some really great ones! Coyotes, javelinas, bobcats, and last night the local mountain lion! I missed recording her first screams because... Well they honestly sound like a woman being brutally murdered and I challenge anyone to stay outside and record that while you're alone at one in the morning. :mrgrin:

But I was able to go outside a bit later and get some of her more tame yowling out of it. You can't see it in the video as it's way too dark, but she was standing just off to the side of the intersection to the left. Just wish I had my actual recording gear on me instead of just a phone, gotta turn up the volume on this...

phpBB [video]