Elfen Lied

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Elfen Lied

#16 Post by Schrodinger »

Nuff wrote:It's true it's gory, and at times brutal... but underneath it all theres a softness and a tragic love story. It's all rather weird because of it, and personally it's why Elfen Lied is such a masterpeice. It might be worth stomaching the gore if you can... but I know there's a rather brutal scene involving Nala later on that you will most likely turn away from. People who have seen it will know what I mean
Quoted for truth.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Ster Zetanee »

I just finished the entire series in the past 6 hours. I was incredibly moved by it. In the end it seemed like they left some things unanswered (according to wikipedia some of which is answered in the manga). I just feel terrible for Lucy, idk why but I just can't think that she EVER would have killed anyone if she met Kohta before the bullies killed the dog.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Japaka
Citizen

#18 Post by Japaka »

Oh then you MUST read the manga, it's a WHOLE different thing, it has a better story, a better ending, it's A LOT longer and you end up understanding everything. The series were good, but the manga is great.

The series did make me hold back tears, but when i read the manga, man, i couldn't hold anything. It's true, i just cried.

Anyway, enough with the anime/manga comparisson. Elfen Lied is really really good, highly recommended and it's one of my top animes. Even if you don't get hooked up in an instant, give it a chance and put some effort, i guarantee you'll like it.

OK, too much writting, i'm feeling odd, cheers...
Want to know the meaning of life?
π = 3.14 = e.ip = pi.e
-π = PIE! The cake is a lie!

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Japaka wrote:Oh then you MUST read the manga, it's a WHOLE different thing, it has a better story, a better ending, it's A LOT longer and you end up understanding everything. The series were good, but the manga is great.

The series did make me hold back tears, but when i read the manga, man, i couldn't hold anything. It's true, i just cried.

Anyway, enough with the anime/manga comparisson. Elfen Lied is really really good, highly recommended and it's one of my top animes. Even if you don't get hooked up in an instant, give it a chance and put some effort, i guarantee you'll like it.

OK, too much writting, i'm feeling odd, cheers...

When i posted this I already had my friend who recommended it to me helping me find the manga so I am starting to read it.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Japaka
Citizen

#20 Post by Japaka »

Great, then when you finish it you can share your opinion. :)
Want to know the meaning of life?
π = 3.14 = e.ip = pi.e
-π = PIE! The cake is a lie!

Gehmz
Traveler

#21 Post by Gehmz »

Yeah, I've seen it, however I was like (;_;) when I was going to see the first episode, because I knew it'd have lots o' blood sometimes... Well, okay, there were lots of things which I expected to happen too. Haven't seen the manga, though I wanna see it.

It's a good series...
Meow...

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by fenning »

Saw it. Loved it. Great stuff.

WATCH.

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by fenning »

Saw it. Loved it. Great stuff.

WATCH.

In all seriousness, this is a fantastic anime. A bit weird, and the characters kinda creeped me out (in a very "someone is enjoying this a lot somewhere" type of way), but still, good old fashioned anime that trips the mind for but a sweet moment.

neosgàthach
Merchant

#24 Post by neosgàthach »

Probably my favourite series. Sometimes, funny, sometimes gory, sometimes just downright tragic, but absolutely great. I'm trying to find the manga since I've heard such great things about it from friends.