New anime's to watch.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

Re: New anime's to watch.

#331 Post by Fireball0236 »

Ah, 'tis been a while since I've posted. Quite a bit of anime I've watched in the meantime. Anyone else know/wachted any of the following?

Aria - The Animation (and sequels). A cheerful, beautiful anime; episodic and not too much of a plot (at all), but was very fun to watch. The last episodes are very emotional (or at least are to me).
Texhnolyze, not sure why I watched it completely. After the first episode not making any sense, the rest of the series really didn't get much/any better. Maybe someone understood it, and cares to explain? xD ...
Tsubasa Shunraiki, sequal of the Tsubasa Chronicles serie. Too bad it has been months since I watched the prequel, Tokyo Revelations, so it was a bit confusing at first. Wish they'd actually make a new anime rather than one OVA after another to continue the story.
Saishuuheiki Kanojo, the feelings in the anime didn't seem to reach me. A friend of mine found it a very sad anime, but I just didn't see it =\ . Personally I was dissapointed with the story.
The Melancholy Of Suzumiya Haruhi (2009), god... Endless Eight is ENDLESS... don't bother with the nex episodes.. just don't.
Strike Witches, I can hardly imagine an anime more focused on it's pantsu and ecchi category xD ... Except maybe the first episodes of Mahoromatic (currently watching) and it's Nudity category... Other than that, did like the anime. The story may be not the best one, but they get tails and ears when they use their 'magic' :O :D ...

The weirdest thing that I saw as of late must've been the Live Show of Suzumiya Haruhi xD ... Anyone else saw it?

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#332 Post by Blazeofspikes »

What are your guys opinions on the anime winter seasons announcements from 2009-2010? From the look of it there are tons load of fanservice from ecchi to hardcore hentai and practically most of the animes have to deal with kindergarden-high school.
Heck the only few animes that caught my attention are Omamori Himari which is about a 16 year old boy who is protected by a sword wielding cat girl spirt of some sort of thing because his family are apparently demon fighters of some sort. (have yet to watch the first episode will probably edit this and add my first impressions) and maybe Kaito Reinya which all I know is that it's a Moe about some kind of cat burglar.

List of winter season animes that have to deal with school in general: Chubra (a ecchi about a middle schooler who is a underwear tester.), Ladies vs Butler (Hentai enough is said about that), Soranowoto (a 15 year old girl who joins the military to fight wars through music kinda like Macross frontier but probably not as good), Omamori Himari (already said it above), Baka no Test Shoukanjuu (from the description it sounds a academy where they summon "Magical creatures" that looked like a super deformed version of themselves.), Durara (another high school anime I am not sure what it's about >.>), Hidamari Sketch (about a High school girl who wants to be a artist), Hanamaru Kindergarden (a anime about preschoolers >.> yeah I don't know what else to say about this anime), Nodame Cantabile Finale (A anime about a High school boy who wants to be a pianist), and Katanagatari (a academy anime about martial arts).

Animes this winter season that has nothing to do with school that look generally interesting: Weib Survive R (a anime that has something with card games. based on pictures it looks like a ecchi/hentai anime with underage girls but in the description it says nothing about academies or schools.), Cobra Rokunin no Yuushi (a remake based on a really old shonen jump manga), Gag manga Biyori (according to the description on this anime it literally says "it makes not sense" so you might just want to skip it unless people say it's good), Dance in the vampire bund (A anime about vampires I guess >.>), Ookamikakushi (about a boy who goes to a new town and is told to avoid the creepy old parts of the town for ghosts and stuff. I don't know the description on this anime doesn't make any sense although it did mention he made new classmate friends so I should have put this up in animes that deal with school), Qwaser of stigmata (according to the description it's about a boy who can manipulate iron metals and draws his power from breast milk. *Ecchi/hentai warning), and Heartcatch Precure (some girly anime I guess. It is said that it might be a sequel or a spin off series)

So in other words there is practically nothing interesting this year compared to the fall season.

Edit: just finished watching the first episode of Omamori Himari and so far the main character yuuto was raped 2 times with the girl he lives with, 3-4 times by his cat girl spirit, and there were plenty of panty and clothed boob shots so it's safe to assume this is a hard core ecchi anime. As for the voices everyone is ok except for yuto who has a strange deep voice that doesn't seem to fit at the moment. As for the animation it's alright in my opinion. As for comparing the anime to the manga well I think they messed up Himari the cat girls size proportions. So far based on 1 episode of this anime you're probably better off reading the manga.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#333 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Hm, haven't been paying too much attention. I tend to check things out after they're already finished (helps filter through things). Sounds pretty disappoint from what you describe, though.

Recently stumbled across Engage Planet Kiss Dum, which has two major plot shifts by the eighth episode. Stopped following it recently due to the site I go to having subs with some hideous font, but will pick it up if I can find the rest of it. Plot is strange, but seems to be focusing on a superhero aspect. Valda makes me laugh.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor hardly counts as new, but it's a fun comedic take on a space opera story.

I plan on finishing up Shin Mazinger sometime. Robot turns into a rocket punch. That is all.

Started watching Code Geass R2 (I know, I am behind), and been liking it so far. Still just waiting for ORANGE to show up for breakfast or something.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#334 Post by Blazeofspikes »

It's alright Captain Jack I haven't even started watching code geass the first season yet or the highly praised FCLC. Maybe I will do that right after I at least try the winter seasons animes instead of just reading descriptions and then predict whether or not they're good or bad. As for what I did I currently watched Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu because Japanator's first impression sold me into watching it with mentioning the fact on how the battles are done retro RPG style and so far it's hilarious and has a awesome OP and ending. (oh and if you read the manga the Shokanjyu look more like furries while in the anime they look like elves with tails)

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#335 Post by Fireball0236 »

I don't pay too much attention to upcoming anime. If any are added to AniDB, I check whether or not the description looks interesting and then add them to my wishlist. I find watching an anime that is still airing just annoying, having to wait a week between episodes. I'd rather wait and watch older anime now, and watch the new anime when it has completely aired ^^.

I've watched Code Geass and R2, found the whole story a bit dissapointing (I do say that about many animes? Maybe I'm expecting too much xD )... I haven't even considered starting FCLC, me and randomness don't mix well...

Templar Inner Circle

#336 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Hm, might see the little summoner thing sometime.

On a related note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIO4Uw36-JE
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#337 Post by Blazeofspikes »

o.O *spoilers on baka to test to shokanjuu episode 3*
There is a gay crush in this anime between Kubo Toshimitsu and the main character.
I never expected this kind of plot twist although some people might have saw it coming because of the suspected yuri in the very beginning of the anime and the character Hideoyoshi is a male trap. (for those of you who don't know what the definition of "male trap" is it's basically a very girly guy)

Templar Inner Circle

#338 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Anyone here seen Xamd? I'm thinking of picking it up..

On the manga front, try reading the first three chapters of Akumetsu. Not work safe, but niiice. The NSFW-ness comes from caving in a dude's head with an axe. And the link gives you further forewarning, so hey.
Iwaku

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#339 Post by AzeNaku »

I stumbled across a strange anime: Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z

I'm not sure what to say about this. For some reason, I'm enjoying it. :karen:

Not sure whether that's a good thing or not. :redhair:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Templar Inner Circle

#340 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

on the manga note:

Saitama Chainsaw Shoujo. A short little story revolving around a girl who is dumped, and decides the best response is to kill her boyfriend and then herself. With a chainsaw.

Bloody hilarious, and the ending is...unexpected?

Let's just say that the world of the story is not half as normal as it seems at first.

"Kirisaki Fumio's just an ordinary highschool girl in love...
...but then she finds out that the guy she's fallen for happens to like someone else.
And then she gets into a fight with a friend... that and various other things are getting her really down...
...so she decides to go out and get a chainsaw.
And take it to school.
And kill the boy she likes, and herself afterwards.
Along with anyone who happens to get in the way."
Iwaku

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#341 Post by AzeNaku »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote:on the manga note:

Saitama Chainsaw Shoujo. A short little story revolving around a girl who is dumped, and decides the best response is to kill her boyfriend and then herself. With a chainsaw.

Bloody hilarious, and the ending is...unexpected?

Let's just say that the world of the story is not half as normal as it seems at first.

"Kirisaki Fumio's just an ordinary highschool girl in love...
...but then she finds out that the guy she's fallen for happens to like someone else.
And then she gets into a fight with a friend... that and various other things are getting her really down...
...so she decides to go out and get a chainsaw.
And take it to school.
And kill the boy she likes, and herself afterwards.
Along with anyone who happens to get in the way."
I like the name of Chapter 1: "Night of the Holy [censored]". :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

#342 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

Necropost, I realize, but hey, I have some new stuff that wasn't out in February, or at least one thing that wasn't, so its not like I coulda posted that back then eh? Besides, I think its a good idea to bring this one back up, not like anime ever stops.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Its hilarious. I watched it again, right after finishing the first time. And had to resist a third run. It STILL makes me smile even tho I expect every joke. :grin:

Baccano! - Dear god this is awesome. And watch the dub if you get your hands on it. For the English has something the Japanese doesn't: 20's Ganster Accents. However, a word of warning, its presented slightly confusingly, so be prepared for that. Still one of the most epic things I've watched.

Gurren Lagann - I sadly have not powered through the whole thing, something happened the first time I watched it that killed my enthusiasm for it pretty quickly, and I've yet to pick it back up. But its awesome, Kamina is the manliest person ever. Its also quite corny sometimes, but its so awesomely corny you forgive it. Very easily.

I'm sure I have more, but I can't think of any at the moment. BTW - I feel like this thread should be stickied, its kinda one of those universal ones for this area, or at least should be. At any rate, sorry for necropost, blah blah blah.
ImageImageImageImage

MasterTemplar
Grand Templar

#343 Post by MasterTemplar »

After a year hiatus, I'm trying to get back into anime. Which is more worth getting into again? Bleach (I stopped after episode 80) or One Piece (watched 30 episodes). Or screw them both, and watch something else? Or should I just read the bleach and one piece manga?
ImageImage

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#344 Post by Schnopps »

I'd say screw the anime and skip all those damnable fillers and tear into the manga. OneManga has the entire library for those two series thus far. Granted, not all of the scanlations are that great but they're all there in one place. Can't think of any anime series to suggest. I would suggest the Fairy Tail anime, though the name sounds stupid I watch it whenever animefreak loads up a new episode and read it whenever OneManga uploads a new chapter. Or you can always try and get into FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood which is a faithful anime adaptation of the manga. The manga's final chapter is next month and the anime is already nearing the end of the manga, it's at episode 56 already and I can only imagine there will be a little over 60 episodes. Just some humble suggestions.

lightmaster92
Templar

#345 Post by lightmaster92 »

I like to watch Ouran High School Host Club (Romantic comedy anime and manga), Clannad (Comedy and drama), The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye (Action and drama), and Rosario Vampire ( Action, Supernatural, Romance, Harem comedy manga/anime).

Check out the story of Twokinds: Mana Burst
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13238