New anime's to watch.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

Re: New anime's to watch.

#361 Post by Scytalle »

Kraesh wrote:Top 5?

1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
2. Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5. Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai (really I rank this 10th. yes. my entire top 10 is taken up by 4 things. I'm Picky alright)

It's not that I don't watch a lot of anime, it's just that most of it doesn't make it to my top 10. =/
Some good stuff there. I loved Madoka Magica. Such a fantastic fantastic take on an old genre. Both Boku and Oreimo were surprisingly good as well.

If I had to pick a few others from the recent seasons to recommend, I'd choose: Gosick, Blue Exorcist, Dog Days, Steins;Gate, and Squid Girl.

If you are looking for a new new anime, Bodacious Space Pirates is the only one I've seen from this season (only 2 episodes so far), but it looks like it's shaping up to be a killer scifi series.

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#362 Post by TheDragonfiend »

1.kore wa zombie desuka? (my avatar is the king of night XD)
2.basou shinki moon angel
3.witchblade
4.Hellsing
5.Princess Resurection
6. (im extra special) Steins Gate

i know theres a couple of "american anime" in there but hellsing and witchblade are exceptions to the rule that they tend to be unwatchable.
ImageImageImage

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#363 Post by Kisuke »

So, a new season of anime has started airing in Japan, anyone watching any of these? I personally am watching the following:

1. Mouretsu Pirates
2. Senki Zesshou Symphogear
3. Brave 10
Spoiler!
4. Highschool DxD (Warning: very, VERY NSFW.)
And I'm also still following/catching up on stuff from last season, such as: Persona 4, Fate/Zero, and Hunter x Hunter

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#364 Post by Bane Dragon »

Top 5...hmm.

Right now, the top ones I read are Bleach (and the other top 3s), Mahou Sensei Negima (nsfw once in a while), Freezing (nsfw), R+V II whenever it updates (barely ever nsfw anymore, but it might have a page or 2), and Soul Eater when it updates.

Put those where you like, cause I don't have a favorite. XD
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#365 Post by Volgaia »

*frump*

Outside of watching stuff (Persona 4, Hunter x Hunter, Fate/Zero, Mouretsu Pirates) with kisuke, I really don't have any shows that I care to marathon right now. All I can do is wait for new episodes of Amagami right now.

...maybe I should try and find the original Prince of Tennis series.
[Under Construction... Again]

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#366 Post by primalcaller ergos »

watch spice and wolf.

it's got everything i simply can't get enough of, so m friend that recommended it to me was quite insightful to do so:
-has a lot of showcasing of various economic paradigms (a few are archaic for us, since we use regulated currency now, but still)
-the interplay between lawrence and holo as a couple is touching (yes, i'm cheesy like that :P )
-and many more aspects that are far too numerous to list.

what are you waiting for? still reading this? go watch it!!

-edit- also, be sure to watch fate stay night
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

ZNickel
Apprentice

#367 Post by ZNickel »

primalcaller ergos wrote:-edit- also, be sure to watch fate stay night
Got to start watching that again. I'm currently clawing my way through Bleach and one manga I'm reading is D.Gray-man.
“The solid organic waste is about to collide with the rotational air circulation device.”