New anime's to watch.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

Re: New anime's to watch.

#301 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

GunXSword. There's a gunslinger on our wild west planet, but instead of guns, he has a sword. That does this. Get pretty neat near the end, and it does have the same sort of craziness that bits of trigun did, like the fact that one of the characters is a samurai, but with guns. Music's nice, too.

OP

If nothing else, watch it for El Dorado Five.

Yes, I am a total super robot nerd.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#302 Post by Tuna »

AzeNaku wrote:Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions for someone who likes Trigun and Outlaw Star?
I'd say Cowboy Bebop but I'm sure you've already seen it...
:3

Maybe Samurai Shamploo? It's not a space cowboy adventure, but the sense of humor is similar...
Maaaaaaaaybe Kiddie Grade, for the space action-adventure...
...or Planetes, just for space coolness.
;3

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#303 Post by AzeNaku »

I just watched the first episode of GunXSword. (heheheh... Lucky...) It was awesome. Thanks!
Tuna wrote:Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Shamploo
Kiddie Grade
Planetes
I forgot about those first two. I'll check these out after I finish GxS. I've learned my lesson about trying to watch multiple animes at once.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#304 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

AzeNaku wrote:I just watched the first episode of GunXSword. (heheheh... Lucky...) It was awesome. Thanks!
Nice, tell me what you think once it's over.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#305 Post by Fireball0236 »

Trinity Blood was a good anime, but as Tuna said, the ending was a bit dissapointing...

Finished Chaos;Head a while ago, now that's one anime that messes with your head a bit :P . The My-HiME and Mai-Otome series I've also finished, good serie. Currently watching Disgaea - Netherworld Prince, though I was hoping for a more serious/action anime than a comic relief one -_-' ...

I have yet to watch Trigun, so I'm not sure what kind of anime you're looking for. If you're simply looking for anime about guns, try Noir, if you want mystery, or Grenadier if you want "gigantic breasts" (G-cup or what? xD ) and comic relief.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#306 Post by AzeNaku »

Fireball0236 wrote:Currently watching Disgaea - Netherworld Prince, though I was hoping for a more serious/action anime than a comic relief one -_-' ...
Nice one, dood!
That's the advantage of being a gamer, dood: knowing what game-based animes are actually about, dood.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#307 Post by Fireball0236 »

I'm not a gamer, haven't played the game, and doubt I want to after the anime...

*sigh*

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#308 Post by AzeNaku »

Fireball0236 wrote:I'm not a gamer, haven't played the game, and doubt I want to after the anime...

*sigh*
I didn't like Disgaea 1 that much, dood. Disgaea 2 on the other hand, was just awesome, dood. The series plays like Final Fantasy Tactics, dood.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#309 Post by coal »

Has any one posted code geass, I think that code geass is a good anime! :grin:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#310 Post by AzeNaku »

I justed finished Gurren Lagann. Pure awesome! :kathrin:

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#311 Post by Blazeofspikes »

Yay Negima funimation dub is now on youtube although some anime flaggers flagged it for some reason. Does anyone else watch negima?

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#312 Post by Tuna »

I've followed everything Ken Akamatsu has done since A.I.Love You, but this one stopped me - it's simply too loli for me to catch without feeling creepy...
x.x

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#313 Post by Blazeofspikes »

So how are Ken Akamatsu other works Love hina and A.I.Love you? I heard of Love hina like when I was in middle school but never actually did pick it up and read it. >.>

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#314 Post by Tuna »

Firewhisky wrote:So how are Ken Akamatsu other works Love hina and A.I.Love you? I heard of Love hina like when I was in middle school but never actually did pick it up and read it. >.>
Love Hina is a fun romance/comedy with a good bit of fanservice (they live at a hotspring), but even though it is absurd and has some light action (explosions, violence), it really is rather sweet and amusing. I recommend it.
A.I.Love You is neat, since I believe it is only in manga form, and really displays how his art style evolved early on. The subject matter is light and a bit outdated, but it's cute in an almost Chobits-y kinda way.
:kathrin:

Harb
Grand Templar

#315 Post by Harb »

Tuna wrote:A.I.Love You is neat, since I believe it is only in manga form, and really displays how his art style evolved early on.
it doesn't show only his development as an artist but as well as an author, because where is AILY's ending rather... odd and contradicted earlier plot points, LH's fit the overall mood of his series IMO.
[under construction]