New anime's to watch.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

Re: New anime's to watch.

#346 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

well, for summer vacation I am reading Jojo's Bizarre adventure.

It's a manga about the trials and tribulations of the Joestar family as they have to deal with vampires, worse vampires, vampires back from the dead, serial killers, the mafia, being in jail, and something that amounts to death race with magic and velociraptors in the wild west.

Because of the way the series is structured, with the main hero switching after each major arc/timeskip, main characters have a habit of dying. A lot.

It should also be noted that all the heroes are men and a half. Even when they're women. Giorno looks like a girl and spends six pages punching a villain in the face. Jolyne is a girl and is just as likely to spam punches into a person's face as her father.

And that likelyhood is 100%.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

DevelopedX
Master

#347 Post by DevelopedX »

Arashi500
Master

#348 Post by Arashi500 »

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou ended recently. Blurb:Akuto Sai enters the Constant Academy for Magick Arts hoping to become a high priest and change the world for the better. But when the school's oracle declares his future profession to be 'Demon Lord', he finds himself feared and hated by the entire student population. Now, instead of making comrades and studying for his exam, Akuto finds himself fighting off monsters, bullies, and well-meaning classmates in various states of undress. If navigating a magical high school as a transfer student wasn't difficult enough, Akuto now has to deal with a cute android ordered to observe him 24-hours a day, the precocious attention of the flying, invisible and naked Keena Soga and the advances of the school's most popular girl. Will he be able to overcome his fate, pass his classes, and mend his friendship with the violent Junko Hattori, or will he succumb to his demonic destiny?

It's a not so typical harem show, with a sci-fi+fantasy setting, best thing is for a harem show, the male lead isn't a pansy pushover. The show's pacing gets offcourse around ep6-7, and just doesn't know when to stop adding plot devices. episodes 8-11 are evidently rushed, though still enjoyable to watch, and episode 12 pulls off a rather solid ending, if slightly confusing. Great characters and IMO some of the greatest character designs and animation as well.(Dragons that breath drills ftw) I give it a 7.5
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#349 Post by AzeNaku »

I started watching "High School of the Dead" somewhat recently. Very awesome. :karen:

A mix of action, horror, ecchi, and comic relief. Definitely NSFW for Gore and Ecchi, not that you should be watching anime at work. :kathrin:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Arashi500
Master

#350 Post by Arashi500 »

H.O.T D. is awesome. Crazy fat nerd with a nail gun vs. zombies. The music is also great.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#351 Post by Schrodinger »

Arashi500 wrote:H.O.T D. is awesome. Crazy fat nerd with a nail gun vs. zombies. The music is also great.
Oddly enough, I believe he was named after Kohta Hirano the manga-ka behind Hellsing.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Dorriki
Traveler

#352 Post by Dorriki »

The Wallflower (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge) is really awesome! It's my #1 favourite anime right now.
Rawrrr

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#353 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Here bringing the requisite level of weird series, Asobi ni Iku yo looks like it's going to be more than just a fanservice fest. And hey, evil hard SF fans show up.

The Iron Man anime is...pretty awesome, going by the first episode at least. And, strangely enough, happens in the same universe as the films.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#354 Post by fenning »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but:

The anime, Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom (and the Manga from which it came Phantom -Phantom Of Inferno-) is fantastic.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#355 Post by primalcaller ergos »

yo, i gots one for ya, anyone here ever heard of spiral?

its pretty kewl, my friend lent me his DVD box set (hes awesome....and loves to collect such things |D ) and i liked it.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#356 Post by Kisuke »

I don't know if you guys keep up with actual new anime or not, but a friend and I finished watching Steins;Gate the other day and I really enjoyed it. Another good series would be the iDOLM@STER anime still airing overseas. You can download episodes of these anime here, but you'll need a program that can play .mkv like VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic

Waka The Fox
Master

#357 Post by Waka The Fox »

how about "An no exorcist". The idea of Satan's son being an exorcist is interesting considering in most animes you only see Shinto.
Waka The Fox at your service, By fire and blade will my foes die, Face me and to Sovngarde you shall go.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#358 Post by Kisuke »

Waka The Fox wrote:how about "An no exorcist". The idea of Satan's son being an exorcist is interesting considering in most animes you only see Shinto.
I actually have a few episodes of Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, I just haven't watched it in a long time. Maybe I should pick it up again.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#359 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Waka The Fox wrote:how about "An no exorcist". The idea of Satan's son being an exorcist is interesting considering in most animes you only see Shinto.
that it is. :wink: (though i really do like it inself as well.)

hmm.... now what's another one then? ...... well how about wild arms: twilight venom ? (<-1st episode right there for ya)
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Kraesh
Merchant

#360 Post by Kraesh »

Top 5?

1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
2. Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5. Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai (really I rank this 10th. yes. my entire top 10 is taken up by 4 things. I'm Picky alright)

It's not that I don't watch a lot of anime, it's just that most of it doesn't make it to my top 10. =/
Image <-Because that's AWESOME :3
Apparently I survived.