Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO

#1 Post by Envy661 »

So lets discuss this fine series. As I'm sure you're all aware, Eureka Seven is back on Cartoon Network atm, airing on Toonami, but more than that, Eureka Seven now has a sequel: Eureka Seven AO: Astral Ocean.

Now, up until I watched Clannad, Eureka Seven was my favorite anime of all time. That's for many reasons. It's essentially a series about a terrorist organization that defected from the government. The government being a militeristic entity, and the defectors holding information that was not only top secret, but could also change the fate of the world. It's a mech show. People generally fight using machines called LFOs, which are bio-mechanical in nature. However, there are several scenes where actual person to person fighting and events take place. The show also features a few very big romance arcs and character building.

Eureka Seven warranted a movie, which is named differently depending if you're looking at the subbed version or the dubbed version.
Subbed: Eureka Seven: Pocketful of Rainbows
Dubbed: Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers.
The movie, in my personal opinion, was significantly better than the anime, being a little less "Kiddish" in dialog, and a little more violent all around.

Of course, now Eureka Seven AO is out, and can be watched subbed online at many sites - especially Otaku-Streamers.
The sequel to Eureka Seven, AO follows the story of the son of the main characters from the original series, and the events that transpired in both the past and future. It's a great sequel to the show, and I highly recommend it.

So feel free to discuss.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO

#2 Post by Envy661 »

Okay, so the Eureka Seven sequel, AO is finished, and I must say, I kind of loved the ending. There were a lot of unanswered questions, but the episode itself kind of trumped all of that in the end.

Eureka Seven is 50 episodes long.
Eureka Seven AO is 24 episodes long.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!