Sword Art Online

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Sword Art Online

#16 Post by Him »

Season 2 is
Spoiler!
Gun Gale Online
, which should be interesting. I've read the light novel but I want to see the anime!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#17 Post by The Rookie »

So I just burnt through the whole series in one go, and got to say I enjoyed it immensely. Something about the combination of the character interactions and the very real threat of death in what would traditionally be a pretty safe environment was done rather well.

Although the second half was a bit.. strange. It might have been better to finish the first season half way through, but it wasn't like it brought down the quality all that much. What did kind of bug me about the second half was how seriously a lot of the regular (Non-SAO) players took the game a lot of the time. I mean what really happened if some body died ? They'd just come back like 5 minutes later, no point freaking out over it.

Looking forward to this second season,
Spoiler!
although the idea of a real gun heavy focus for the next game setting doesn't seem like it would hold anywhere near the same kind of drama that the swords and shield do. Also are all the players using girl avatars this time round ? Does that worry anyone else ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#18 Post by Him »

The Rookie wrote:
Spoiler!
although the idea of a real gun heavy focus for the next game setting doesn't seem like it would hold anywhere near the same kind of drama that the swords and shield do. Also are all the players using girl avatars this time round ? Does that worry anyone else ?
The new version of Nerve Gear reads your brain waves to know your gender. There are no people that can willing be female if they are not already.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#19 Post by Insomniac »

Him wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
Spoiler!
The new version of Nerve Gear reads your brain waves to know your gender. There are no people that can willing be female if they are not already.
By that logic, a trans person that identifies as a gender that their body doesn't reflect would appear as the gender they identify as, no?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#20 Post by Him »

Insomniac wrote:By that logic, a trans person that identifies as a gender that their body doesn't reflect would appear as the gender they identify as, no?
I suppose so, yes. There haven't been any in the novel though. That means Natani would be a guy in Gun Gale Online. :roll: However, there is a bit of confusion about how that works. We don't know if the players whose genders have been swapped in game actually have reproductive organs of the opposite sex. They definitely have the appearance of the opposite gender. It's explained adequately after an introduction to the game and the start of the plot line.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#21 Post by Zylver »

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#22 Post by Him »

The light novel was pretty good. They made gun battles just as dramatic as the sword ones in SAO. While I didn't think that was possible... it happened. SAO I was never really stressed because Kirito is OP. The gun battles are more fair and actually have pressure behind them.

I will admit, I wish they did just keep it at one season. I would have been fine with that. Regardless of how much I like it, it is still losing quality.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#23 Post by The Rookie »

After a bit of research turns out Kirito is the only one affected by this gender swap thing.
Wiki wrote:Kirito's avatar in GGO is the rare «M9000» type, which is speculated to be the result of an extremely rare occurrence of the system misinterpreting the player's brain waves (the system identifies the gender of the player via their brainwaves, but, on rare occasions, due to some impulse, it chooses the appearance of the opposite gender). It is an avatar that many male players dream of having, due to its female appearance. He retains his black hair, which now flows down to his shoulders. He has a pale skin and crimson lips, and shining black eyes, fringed by long eyelashes. If one did not know better, it would be easy to confuse him with a female.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#24 Post by Him »

The Rookie wrote:After a bit of research turns out Kirito is the only one affected by this gender swap thing.
He is the only character that is seen with it. Since other players know about the character defect, it has obviously happened before.

Gun Gale Online, Episode 1, Eng sub It's finally out!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#25 Post by Insomniac »

I watched episode one today because I didn't feel like waiting for the Dub. AND I WANT MORE!!!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#26 Post by Him »

I understand that entirely. I heard a rumor of the fist episode being posted that day. There was major digging involved in finding it... Because apparently I am usually terrible at finding things online. :?

Next episode on the 12.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#27 Post by Myperson54 »

I watched the first episode. Omg iGlass, perfect.

At first, I was rather unenthused, but then things got interesting.... I'm probably gonna watch the entire first series again in preparation for this.

Also, that part at the end.... Does this mean
Spoiler!
That girl isn't Kirito?

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#28 Post by Insomniac »

Myperson54 wrote:I watched the first episode. Omg iGlass, perfect.

At first, I was rather unenthused, but then things got interesting.... I'm probably gonna watch the entire first series again in preparation for this.

Spoiler!
That girl isn't Kirito?
Spoiler!
You mean the sniper? Yeah, pretty definitely not. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess the girl from the end credits (well, end credits of this episode, beginning credits of all future GGO arc episodes) with the laser sword and pistol combo that looks like Kirito and dresses all in black is Kirito.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:

Spoiler!
That girl isn't Kirito?
Spoiler!
You mean the sniper? Yeah, pretty definitely not. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess the girl from the end credits (well, end credits of this episode, beginning credits of all future GGO arc episodes) with the laser sword and pistol combo that looks like Kirito and dresses all in black is Kirito.
Spoiler!
I assumed as such, but forgot to put it in my post. Further spoilers by rather disgruntled people confirm she is another character. (They don't seem to like her for some reason, but I stopped reading so I can't tell you.)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#30 Post by judah4 »

Myperson54 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:

Spoiler!
That girl isn't Kirito?
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
I assumed as such, but forgot to put it in my post. Further spoilers by rather disgruntled people confirm she is another character. (They don't seem to like her for some reason, but I stopped reading so I can't tell you.)
The rookie posted about it a few posts ago. Technically a spoiler but im just quoting a previous post from THIS page.
The Rookie wrote:After a bit of research turns out Kirito is the only one affected by this gender swap thing.
Wiki wrote:Kirito's avatar in GGO is the rare «M9000» type, which is speculated to be the result of an extremely rare occurrence of the system misinterpreting the player's brain waves (the system identifies the gender of the player via their brainwaves, but, on rare occasions, due to some impulse, it chooses the appearance of the opposite gender). It is an avatar that many male players dream of having, due to its female appearance. He retains his black hair, which now flows down to his shoulders. He has a pale skin and crimson lips, and shining black eyes, fringed by long eyelashes. If one did not know better, it would be easy to confuse him with a female.
I find it weird but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for now