Sword Art Online

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Sword Art Online

#31 Post by Him »

The next episode will be posted on the 19th. I'll post a link here, just in case people can't find it.

Now that that's done, I immensely enjoyed the second episode. Sinon is amazing.
Spoiler!
When she jumped off the tower and lost her leg and still killed Behemoth... Geez, the girl has a pair larger than most. It's following the novel pretty accurately. The only thing that's missing is all of the mental debating. We couldn't have that though. The episodes are seemingly short enough.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#32 Post by Myperson54 »

Finished S1, first half. Not gonna lie, I cried. The ending to episode 14 was just so perfect.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#33 Post by Him »

I wanted to. I however just settled for screaming, "No!" repeatedly.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#34 Post by Myperson54 »

Him wrote:I wanted to. I however just settled for screaming, "No!" repeatedly.
Wait, what? Oh, I meant after
Spoiler!
Asuna gets sliced, when Kirigaya is limping down the hallway to find her.
Although at that earlier point, I too vocally said "No" quite a bit.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#35 Post by Him »

Myperson54 wrote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
I was referring when she got 'killed' by Heathcliff. I kept saying, "No, the revival item! Use it, why didn't you use it?! No! Why did you even give that thing up in the first place?! People die around you all the time!"

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#36 Post by Myperson54 »

Him wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
I was referring when she got 'killed' by Heathcliff. I kept saying, "No, the revival item! Use it, why didn't you use it?! No! Why did you even give that thing up in the first place?! People die around you all the time!"
I figured you'd say something along those lines. While the thought crossed my mind, I also
Spoiler!
assumed Klein had already used it. Regardless, I then remembered that there was a ten-second death delay, to allow for the use of the revival item, so it does work out that Asuna would be alive long enough for Kirito to finish off Heathcliff. (Ignoring real-time seconds, of course. It is a show, after all :P )
EDIT: Welp, finished the whole first season in 2 days. I gotta say, that was a pretty great series to powerwatch. (And now that I've rewatched episodes 24 and 25, so much that I thought was deus-ex is actually explained or implied.) Tomorrow: work, and then GGO episode 2.

Oh, and I discovered that the "extra edition" is actually just the obligatory swimsuit episode. Thanks but no thanks, this is the single episode I'll pass up.

EDIT again: What the [censored], it's almost 2 hours long, and apparently 80% recap. Maybe another time, definitely.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#37 Post by Him »

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#38 Post by Insomniac »

Saw the new episode, though I watched it on Hulu. I've heard that some people don't like Shino/Sinon...I'm just not seeing why, so far.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#39 Post by Him »

Insomniac wrote:Saw the new episode, though I watched it on Hulu. I've heard that some people don't like Shino/Sinon...I'm just not seeing why, so far.
Spoiler!
Some people don't like the whole emotionally traumatized character thing. Regardless of her being a total bad [censored].

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#40 Post by Insomniac »

Him wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Saw the new episode, though I watched it on Hulu. I've heard that some people don't like Shino/Sinon...I'm just not seeing why, so far.
Spoiler!
Some people don't like the whole emotionally traumatized character thing. Regardless of her being a total bad [censored].
Why would they not like that? I don't know of many people other than Michael Myers who could
Spoiler!
shoot someone dead as an eleven year old
and not be pretty FRAKKED UP after that for quite a while.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#41 Post by Him »

Insomniac wrote:Why would they not like that?
I can't justify it, I can only give a few reasons I've seen given. A lot of people don't like her
Spoiler!
"Sob story," and think it's just filler.
They say it detracts from the story. Even though what they really mean is it takes up more time that could be used for amazing fight scenes. :roll: I myself enjoy her back story and
Spoiler!
how well it mingles with a large part of the drama that comes later on.
You'll get to that soon enough though.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#42 Post by Insomniac »

Him wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Why would they not like that?
I can't justify it, I can only give a few reasons I've seen given. A lot of people don't like her
Spoiler!
"Sob story," and think it's just filler.
They say it detracts from the story. Even though what they really mean is it takes up more time that could be used for amazing fight scenes. :roll: I myself enjoy her back story and
Spoiler!
how well it mingles with a large part of the drama that comes later on.
You'll get to that soon enough though.
I've gone out of my way to avoid spoilers, but...I think I see what's coming with
Spoiler!
her friend. You know the one.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#43 Post by Him »

Insomniac wrote:I've gone out of my way to avoid spoilers, but...I think I see what's coming with
Spoiler!
her friend. You know the one.
Now seriously, don't just open the next few spoilers. I am going to explain something.
Spoiler!
The next spoiler kind of ruins the entire story. This statement in itself is a spoiler. The real one comes next.
Spoiler!
Eeeyup, you're right.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#44 Post by Insomniac »

I didn't open the spoilers and I'm not quoting you. I don't want to know. I didn't spoil anything about Madoka Magica before I saw it, I sure as frak ain't spoiling this for myself.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#45 Post by Him »

Good, I wouldn't recommend spoiling that for yourself. I will always put a warning if it's a spoiler that wasn't just in an episode watched.