Anime Suggestions

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Anime Suggestions

#1 Post by Akira110 »

I rejoined netflix today(Did so for my family, since my brothers wouldn't stop pestering me about it) and I've never really been a fan of anime, except for a few obvious ones when I was a kid(Dragonball Z, Inuyasha and of course Ruroni(Correct me if I mispelled this) Kenshin) and I found that they have an Anime section on Netflix. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of animes I should watch. Feel free to point out good ones and before its ever mentioned, I have watched Naruto, and no I don't like it.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Tracearoundshot
Citizen

Re: Anime Suggestions

#2 Post by Tracearoundshot »

Soul Eater is pretty good, it's known well enough that i don't need to explain it, right?

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#3 Post by judah4 »

Spice and Wolf!

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Hrmmpf

"Kore wa zombie desu ka?" Has some good romance/action with a large helping of random
"Hellsing" is a vampire anime which is very action orientated so you may like that
"Disgaea" is pretty cool (stay away from etna as shes mine :mrgreen: )
"Basou shinki moon angel" looks cool (ive only seen episode 0)
And "Marawu penguinoundrum (did i spell that right)" is highly recommended by my anime frak friend
Oh and i geuss zoids if you want some nostalgia anime XD

Edit: ty trace i havnt read disgaea for a while so im a bit out of touch
ImageImageImage

Tracearoundshot
Citizen

#5 Post by Tracearoundshot »

"Disgaea" has an a at the end of its name DF.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#6 Post by primalcaller ergos »

judah4 wrote:Spice and Wolf!
seconded! (funny you should mention this, how i've been watching that myself lately :mrgreen: )

anywho, if you don't mind (not quite over the top, but some might say close to it ^^; ) fanservice, cheeziness, and the like, why not sekirei?

(never seen this one myself, but....) ah! my goddess might be good to watch.

(hope to see this one later as well) to-love-ru has an excellent comedic laidback upbeat attitude.

kampfer is bloody brilliant.

hmm.... although... i have to wonder if it's a sign that all of my suggestions are all loaded with (classy and tasteful, really!) ecchi type fanservice, cheeziness, and a spice pinch of romance....
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by TheDragonfiend »

ImageImageImage

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#8 Post by primalcaller ergos »

*tf2 spy voice* might i make a suggestion? why not angel beats or (one of my super favorites) stein's;gate?
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by TheDragonfiend »

[censored] yes stein's;gate = win!!!

"Hey meeester i am mad scientist its so cool sonuvabitch"
ImageImageImage

Samdragon07
Master

#10 Post by Samdragon07 »

If you are looking at a good action story kind of like Pulp Fiction, Baccano is a good watch.

If you are looking at a comedy/romance, school rumble is good. It gives physics a f you but it is still great.

I'll come back if I think of anything else.

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Volgaia »

Well if Netflix is your main means of watching anime, I'd recommend:

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: The show has a nice sci-fi feel to it and the characters are developed nicely. It's also nice in the fact that many of the stories take the span of a single episode, so they're easy to pick up. The show also has a nice English dub, a rarity in the anime world.

Baccano: Very fun show that takes place in the 1930s United States. Characters are quirky and fun, and it's fun seeing all their separate stories collide with each other so well. By the way, the voice acting for the English dub is absolutely phenomenal!

Spice and Wolf: I'd consider this pretty much the opposite of Naruto. While it starts off kind of slow, the way the world comes to life in the show made me fall in love with it. Never before would I have thought that Economics could make a successful basis for an anime. There is a second season for the show, but Netflix doesn't seem to have it. (Let me know if you're interested in getting season 2, I can hook you up).

Yu Yu Hakusho: I'm throwing this out there because Akira didn't explicitly mention it. Although I think Netflix only goes up to season 4.
[Under Construction... Again]

Akira110
Literary Artist

#12 Post by Akira110 »

Volgaia wrote:Well if Netflix is your main means of watching anime, I'd recommend:

Yu Yu Hakusho: I'm throwing this out there because Akira didn't explicitly mention it. Although I think Netflix only goes up to season 4.
Ah Yu Yu Hakusho, back when I was a freshman, I'd switch over to Cartoon Network just to watch it, and Ruroni Kenshin.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Tracearoundshot
Citizen

#13 Post by Tracearoundshot »

I would also have to agree with Spice & Wolf, I can't get enough of Holo.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by primalcaller ergos »

TheDragonfiend wrote:[censored] yes stein's;gate = win!!!

"Hey meeester i am mad scientist its so cool sonuvabitch"
ya gots that right. :wink: :mrgreen: (i couldn't have said it better than he did at that moment :grin: )

although, you know what's really vintage? ranma 1/2. (man, that goes way back)

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Here is a more complete version of the scene and better sound too!!!

the definative of awsome

Ive also heard about ranma 1/2 but never seen/heard it sounds interesting tho

Anyway another one
Princess resurection both normal and the ova (im starting to think ova = original video animation)
ImageImageImage