thoughts on Rosario+Vampire

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Holmborn
Master

thoughts on Rosario+Vampire

#1 Post by Holmborn »

ive seen a few people talk about it, and thought about starting to watch it. has anyone here watched it, and can you recomend it?

i havent watched anything of it(other than a 3 minute clip show thingie showing ALOT of fanservice which i have no problem with) and would like to hear your thoughts on the show.
Within my body, Lies the whole of the universe. I am eternal! -Seth

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

Re: thoughts on Rosario+Vampire

#2 Post by primalcaller ergos »

never watched it myself, but i do say that i soon hope to.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by TheDragonfiend »

okay quick question what level of fan service...

like over the top extreme fan service that ruins the viewer base as 99% of the people watching are only watching for the fan service or...

acceptable levels of fan service where if you look past it you find a deep story line and compelling characters...

i would ask the answer-a-matic-o-tron but i broke it asking the question "how do i make the perfect cheese sandwidge"
ImageImageImage

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#4 Post by primalcaller ergos »

TheDragonfiend wrote:okay quick question what level of fan service...

like over the top extreme fan service that ruins the viewer base as 99% of the people watching are only watching for the fan service or...

acceptable levels of fan service where if you look past it you find a deep story line and compelling characters...

i would ask the answer-a-matic-o-tron but i broke it asking the question "how do i make the perfect cheese sandwidge"
i'd say a better question is: what level would you consider acceptable?

i mean, it's possible to have a lot of it in a way that still allows one to look past it as you say,
(while also at the same time it's just as possible to have only a little that ruins it)

i only ask because it's a rather relative and person specific question as to how much is proper.

(oh, and btw, the perfect cheese sandvich is made by melting cheddar, mozzarella, parmesian, and cream cheese into a toasted bagel :P :wink: ...no really though, try that sometime)
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by TheDragonfiend »

hmmm well i guess 4-5 char's showing skin or conviently standing over the camera or something is fine but more then that and it gets pretty hard to ignore.
ImageImageImage

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Bane Dragon »

How about "over-the-top fanservice-y scenes fit neatly within a decent plot and great characterization"? I can't speak for the anime, but that's about what you can say for the manga (lot more "fanservice-y in the first one, not nearly as much in R+V II).
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o