opinions and views on "abridged" series of any type

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

so, views?

marvelous geniusry
15%
awesome idea
15%
works wonders
No votes
meh, so-so
No votes
don't care for them much
3%
stupidest idea ever
3%
totally ruined
3%
worst slanderous rip-off of a work ever
3%
insult to the original work
3%
straight-up plagirism
No votes
original author should be pissed
No votes
put the theives on pikes! pikes!
No votes
other
No votes
don't care.
3%
they're good i guess....
No votes
the hilarity, it burns!
9%
the humor, it's saccarine!
3%
can't decide
No votes
undecided(redundant)
No votes
this poll has way too many options...
39%

Total votes: 33

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

opinions and views on "abridged" series of any type

#1 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well, one of the most popular things to do nowdays with series you like is make hilarious voice overs with thier footage.

so, i just figured it'd be nice to know what everyone thinks of such creations. as well as related disscussion.

this is also a prime place for placing links to various abriged series of just about any type you like and want to share.

here, i'll even do one. see? hilarious. (pre-emptive warning, it has lots of swearing in it)

-ergos, mmm...might as well pop a poll in here as well...i suppose....-
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

xamali
Grand Templar

Re: opinions and views on "abridged" series of any type

#2 Post by xamali »

The only series that I have been following is Teamfourstar's, and damn, they are AWESOME *-*
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Insomniac »

I may wind up being in the minority here. I don't like abridged series at all. If I want something funny, I'll watch a comedy. Taking something serious and turning it into a comedy by doing a fandub is just...not the kind of comedy that I like. At all.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Talaisan »

Insomniac wrote:I may wind up being in the minority here. I don't like abridged series at all. If I want something funny, I'll watch a comedy. Taking something serious and turning it into a comedy by doing a fandub is just...not the kind of comedy that I like. At all.
I have a lot of trouble taking Yu Gi Oh seriously. At all. Or DBZ. Or... well, almost anything that I've ever seen an abridged version of, the original was something I couldn't take seriously.

Would Gurren Lagan abridged be possible? Could you possibly take that show less seriously than it takes itself?
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

Insomniac wrote:I may wind up being in the minority here. I don't like abridged series at all. If I want something funny, I'll watch a comedy. Taking something serious and turning it into a comedy by doing a fandub is just...not the kind of comedy that I like. At all.
Jesus, good to see that I'm not the only one that hates Abridged series. I hate them for the exact same reasons you do.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

no.responce
Master

#6 Post by no.responce »

Aright Abridged Series Haters listen up, Popo's gonna teach you the peckin order.

Theres you, the dirt, the worms inside the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, and Popo... any questions?
Why did you reverse engineer my Doom Walker?!
So that it could walk backwards...

the only thing I need in life is money, and the friends that magiacly appear when I wave it around

RP characters

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#7 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:Love your series! anyway, I like:
Hellbling.
Yu-gi-oh abridged.
Team four star's parodies.
Code ment.
*checks yo new avatar* i can see that. ;)

alright, heres another one for ya.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#8 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Naruto abridged series by Littlekuriboh. Naruto (Pre Shippuden) is very tongue in cheek anyway. If it were something like Elfen Lied, then yes, I would disagree, but a few select animes are fine to use in my opinion.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by primalcaller ergos »

*to all those whom don't like them much* well, considering that i find such things to compliment the original work nicely, as if one likes it enough to put all that effort into dub-parodying it, then it must have been good enough for them to like it a lot, right?

-ergos, and of course, here's another one for ya. |D -

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#10 Post by Envy661 »

I've tried a few series. Love TFS's Dragonball Z abridged and would love for them to do the original Dragonball when they're finished.
I also like Sword Art Online Abridged, for those of you who think an abridged version of a serious anime can't be funny, I would highly recommend checking this one out. SAO is of poor quality and takes itself way too seriously. I think that's why it makes a better abridged series than actual anime. Same with Hellsing Ultimate.

I've tried others. Also recomend EvAbridged for you Neon Genesis fans. Other than that though, everything else seems to be [censored]-tier... Even littlekoriboh's work... YGOTAS has it's moments, but overall is kinda bad... Don't even get me started on Naruto or any ot his other works.
I also kind of hate Code MENT.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#11 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Envy661 wrote:-snip-
Holy mother of all necroposts, FOUR YEARS?!?!

Damn son, I think that's a new record.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#12 Post by Envy661 »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:
Envy661 wrote:-snip-
Holy mother of all necroposts, FOUR YEARS?!?!

Damn son, I think that's a new record.
I legit didn't even notice. It's all still on the first page of this board.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Insomniac »

It's been four blinkering years...Jesus man. I didn't notice either lol.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#14 Post by The Rookie »

To be fair a lot has changed in the last 4 years, so it might be a discussable topic again.

For example, has anyone here seen Team 4 Stars Attack on Titan abridged, or Sword Art Online abridged by Something Witty Entertainment?

Both of those left me in stitches.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ReBob
Council Member

#15 Post by ReBob »

I finally found it after a lot of searching, but I liked the AoT Abridged. Didn't they only do one episode before getting a DMCA for it? A shame, would have been a funny series. I do a pretty good impression of Jean's voice from it.

The only Abridged series I've watched have been the ones from TFS and a few takes on AoT when searching for their take on it. As of episode 5 of Hellsing Abridged, I think I'm further ahead in that than I am in the actual Ultimate series.

Not too keen on SAO since it doesn't sound like something I'd be in to, but maybe the Abridged series would be something to check out.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.