Night Raid 1931

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Night Raid 1931

#1 Post by Insomniac »

Here's another interesting anime for y'all's consideration, Night Raid: 1931. 12 episodes into it on the site I'm watching it on, and it's pretty interesting, if a bit difficult to follow without effort. The four main characters are some kind of psychics, with varying levels of telepathic and telekenitic powers. Two that always partner up are predominantly telepaths, the male being an ace sniper. Of the other two, one is a male with a bit of an itchy trigger finger when it comes to his potent telekinetic powers, and a rather playful persona, the other being an expert martial artist who prefers to only use his power when absolutely necessary. He can use a kind of teleportation, so long as he has a visual thing to focus on at his destination. I'm two episodes into it, and it seems fairly episodic so far, but it's entertaining.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

MChammerpenguin
Master

Re: Night Raid 1931

#2 Post by MChammerpenguin »

I've tried watching it but I never really was able to get into it. It was relatively interesting but there was something about the characters that just turned me off from the show...dunno maybe I'll give it another shot.
  ▲
▲ ▲
HERE COMES THE STORM

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Night Raid 1931

#3 Post by Insomniac »

MChammerpenguin wrote:I've tried watching it but I never really was able to get into it. It was relatively interesting but there was something about the characters that just turned me off from the show...dunno maybe I'll give it another shot.
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Is it the lack of background on the characters? What I think this show is doing is the old 'keep their pasts secret and talk about them as the show progresses' thing. Which, if done well, and the audience has the patience for it, can work pretty well. Though sometimes it's not done all that well, and can test even my almost limitless patience.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.