Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn

#1 Post by Insomniac »

A continuation of the Universal Century storyline, 17 years after the one year war. And things are even more tangled than ever. Only three episodes in so far at the time of this posting, but they're each an hour long, which is kinda a new thing for this franchise. And they're very well done, too.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn

#2 Post by Envy661 »

Unicorn I both love and hate. I've never read the book it came from, nor have I read any manga pertaining to it (I dont care for Gundam manga), but I have seen nearly every series tied to the Universal Century prior to 0100. Shows like Gundam F91 and Victory Gundam, which take place years later I have never made an investment into watching.

Unicorn Gundam to me feels like an extremely well-handled and well-polished end to the first part of the Universal Century era. The story, background, and characters are phenomenal. I haven't been so emotionally attached to a gundam show since Gundam00... Or at least that's what I would have wanted to say, but the completely outrageous release schedule takes away all feeling from the episodes because the time between them is so long. I'll have to go back and rewatch all of them after they're released to try to capture the full effect...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote:Unicorn I both love and hate. I've never read the book it came from, nor have I read any manga pertaining to it (I dont care for Gundam manga), but I have seen nearly every series tied to the Universal Century prior to 0100. Shows like Gundam F91 and Victory Gundam, which take place years later I have never made an investment into watching.

Unicorn Gundam to me feels like an extremely well-handled and well-polished end to the first part of the Universal Century era. The story, background, and characters are phenomenal. I haven't been so emotionally attached to a gundam show since Gundam00... Or at least that's what I would have wanted to say, but the completely outrageous release schedule takes away all feeling from the episodes because the time between them is so long. I'll have to go back and rewatch all of them after they're released to try to capture the full effect...
Gundam 00? What about Wing? Or 08th MS Squad? Both are better, in my personal opinion, in every way, than 00.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#4 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote:
Envy661 wrote:Unicorn I both love and hate. I've never read the book it came from, nor have I read any manga pertaining to it (I dont care for Gundam manga), but I have seen nearly every series tied to the Universal Century prior to 0100. Shows like Gundam F91 and Victory Gundam, which take place years later I have never made an investment into watching.

Gundam 00? What about Wing? Or 08th MS Squad? Both are better, in my personal opinion, in every way, than 00.
I've watched Wing. The dialog was a tad kiddish, and so was the story. 00 was more violent at times, and the plot was much better.
As for 08th MS Team, I've watched it as well. It's a great show, but a tad sporadic. 00 is still better.

I will tell you, Gindam Wing was my favorite gundam series until I watched Gundam00 and 00 Season 2. That's how much I enjoyed Gindam00. Wing was my favorite show growing up, but after rewatching it was I got older, I realized it wasn't as great as I always hyped it up to be. Gundam00 however, I have watched quite a few times as well, and the story in my opinion is better than any other Gundam SERIES out there.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#5 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:

I've watched Wing. The dialog was a tad kiddish, and so was the story. 00 was more violent at times, and the plot was much better.
As for 08th MS Team, I've watched it as well. It's a great show, but a tad sporadic. 00 is still better.

I will tell you, Gindam Wing was my favorite gundam series until I watched Gundam00 and 00 Season 2. That's how much I enjoyed Gindam00. Wing was my favorite show growing up, but after rewatching it was I got older, I realized it wasn't as great as I always hyped it up to be. Gundam00 however, I have watched quite a few times as well, and the story in my opinion is better than any other Gundam SERIES out there.
I...I'm sorry, we're at completely, polar opposite ends of the spectrum here. The story of 00, to me, was a little too...all there in the manual for my liking, not enough of it was clear from watching alone. To me, Wing had a stronger story, it was clear the whole way through, it didn't leave me scratching my head at all. As for 08th MS, it had an even stronger story than Wing, let alone 00. It was more, for lack of a better word, down to earth than the other two, pretty much entirely character and plot driven, very little over the top stuff, and a spectacular story.