Fairy Tail

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

MChammerpenguin
Master

Fairy Tail

#1 Post by MChammerpenguin »

Any FT fans out there?

I started following the series back when it was only a manga but I loved it from the start. I'm also pumped to hear Funimation is planning on dubbing it. So any one else out there watch it?
  ▲
▲ ▲
HERE COMES THE STORM

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

Re: Fairy Tail

#2 Post by Lordlyhour »

I loved the manga, Though I never got aroubd to finishing to read it. Plue is awesome
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

xamali
Grand Templar

#3 Post by xamali »

I Love the Manga!!! :D~
I've read all of them so far, and the anime is going quite well. Few fillers from what I have seen. I would love to see it here in Brazil. |D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

MChammerpenguin
Master

#4 Post by MChammerpenguin »

Lordlyhour wrote:I loved the manga, Though I never got aroubd to finishing to read it. Plue is awesome
Yes!!! Although, he really needs to be in it more. He was around a lot at the start but he hasn't been seen recently :(
  ▲
▲ ▲
HERE COMES THE STORM

bsteven93
Master
Location: Under attack at the great giant!... help the... zo..om..bies...ar..e....com..om..ei...ei..eing!!!!!

#5 Post by bsteven93 »

i never did read the manga but i do and till watch the subbed series can't wait for Nov. 22 for my copy of the dub |D :D~ and third for the fact they should put plue up for more air time.
Are you looking for a story about seven lucky people who gain the powers of the gods to fight evil as pawns of greater game? then Read my story Crystalian 1st Tier: War Beckons here!

Marie August
Traveler

#6 Post by Marie August »

I love the title. But I just couldn't get into the series. I like plenty of shows that are basically battle anime (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach Hunter x Hunter), where 75% is setup for the writer to create some sort of fight for us to watch. But I don't like those shows for the fights, I like them for the characters and the underlying story. And from what I saw of Fairy Tail, it was missing that necessary part. It seemed like all this show had was a setup for battle after battle without any real story.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I didn't really read everything that was out there at the time when I tried this series. Maybe it gets better.
Read my webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com

xamali
Grand Templar

#7 Post by xamali »

Oh it does. It's true that at first it's just some random battles, but that's just to introduce us to the character, later there will be plenty of background stories, and I personally find them lovely.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.

MChammerpenguin
Master

#8 Post by MChammerpenguin »

Yeah, one of the biggest issues I have with the show is that there really is no over arcing plot. The story is mainly broken down into smaller arcs but for the most part they aren't really intertwined :/
  ▲
▲ ▲
HERE COMES THE STORM

xamali
Grand Templar

#9 Post by xamali »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Spoiler!
For those who read the last chapter (253) - - > IF YOU HAVEN'T, DON'T READ!
This chapter made me want to cry... I can't bear the idea of them dying. I know they will most likely appear again in the near future, just like claymore(another manga, for those who have read it) did. But the idea of everyone dying still makes me extremely sad. (;_;)

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Scytalle »

Just saw episode 105 and can't say how ridiculously excited I am to see Mira finally face off against someone her level.

Also, Natsu destroyed some fools, par for the course.

xamali
Grand Templar

#11 Post by xamali »

Hahaha, keep on reading then, it gets better and better :wink: .

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Scytalle »

xamali wrote:Hahaha, keep on reading then, it gets better and better :wink: .
But I don't want to spoil the next episode! I'm content to wait for the week, it just makes it that much sweeter when it finally does come out.

I gave the manga a shot for a bit, but I've found that I can't concurrently watch the anime and read the manga of the same series. So I either just read the manga or just watch the anime, depending on which I got my hands on first really.

xamali
Grand Templar

#13 Post by xamali »

Scytalle wrote:
xamali wrote:Hahaha, keep on reading then, it gets better and better :wink: .
But I don't want to spoil the next episode! I'm content to wait for the week, it just makes it that much sweeter when it finally does come out.

I gave the manga a shot for a bit, but I've found that I can't concurrently watch the anime and read the manga of the same series. So I either just read the manga or just watch the anime, depending on which I got my hands on first really.
Ah, I see! For some reason I thought you were reading the manga from the beginning :P .
Well, The anime is really good, I've seen it just to check it out. Well animated and the voices are great . I approve of it. 8)

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Scytalle »

I just caught up on the last few episodes of the anime and I was reminded again of how amazing the music for this show is. If you guys haven't checked out any of the three OSTs, I'd highly recommend them. There are some really solid tracks on there. Dragon Force remains my favorite though.