Crest/Banner of the Stars

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Crest/Banner of the Stars

#1 Post by Insomniac »

So during a recent TVTropes binge, I came across the page for Crest/Banner of the Stars. I remembered fond memories of watching Crest(one season) and season one of Banner(of three seasons) many years ago, so I decided to look 'em up. Here's episode one, for those interested.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

Re: Crest/Banner of the Stars

#2 Post by Duo Barton »

I own several anime DVDs that advertise these two names. Is it a good series? I'm already watching three other series but I want to know if this one is worth watching.
Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Never Look Back.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Duo Barton wrote:I own several anime DVDs that advertise these two names. Is it a good series? I'm already watching three other series but I want to know if this one is worth watching.
To answer this, I will say what the man with two penises says to his tailor when asked if he dresses to the right or to the left. Yes.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#4 Post by Duo Barton »

:shock: Ahhhhhhhhhh! (;_;) Disturbing visual!

ok i'll give it a shot and get back to you.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#5 Post by Tuna »

Loooove this series - own the anime and the manga - got hooked on it way back when TechTV showed it on their Anime Unleashed block. I was just totally intrigued as to how it tells a story from the "Evil Blue-skinned Empire"'s point of view - such a reversal of the normal setup...
:kathrin:

Duo Barton
Council Member

#6 Post by Duo Barton »

i watched two episodes and it seems pretty interesting

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#7 Post by Insomniac »

Tuna wrote:Loooove this series - own the anime and the manga - got hooked on it way back when TechTV showed it on their Anime Unleashed block. I was just totally intrigued as to how it tells a story from the "Evil Blue-skinned Empire"'s point of view - such a reversal of the normal setup...
Given that the humans are fantastic racists, and that's pretty much their main reason for hatin the Abh other than the whole conquering empire thing, I shall posit that the Abh are not the evil ones.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#8 Post by Tuna »

I'm just referencing the old-school anime tradition of having the "evil space invaders" blue-skinned. Also, it's skewed to favor the Abhs, since it's told from their point of view, the same way all heroic tales are skewed for the hero and paint their foe as being an absolute evil that must be defeated.

Look at the Abh - they were created by humans to serve them, revolted, killed all of the humans they saw initially, and are currently expanding their empire by conquest. They're the stereotypical "bad guys", but we finally get to see things from their point of view, displaying that "good" and "bad" aren't absolutes, but shades of grey.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Damn now I'm hooked! Does anyone know if there's a website that shows that show for free, and in English? I can't go out and try to buy it since my parents think I don't like anime, and if my friends saw it they'll make fun of me.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#10 Post by Insomniac »

Natani--Fan. wrote:Damn now I'm hooked! Does anyone know if there's a website that shows that show for free, and in English? I can't go out and try to buy it since my parents think I don't like anime, and if my friends saw it they'll make fun of me.
Insomniac wrote:So during a recent TVTropes binge, I came across the page for Crest/Banner of the Stars. I remembered fond memories of watching Crest(one season) and season one of Banner(of three seasons) many years ago, so I decided to look 'em up. Here's episode one, for those interested.
Yeah. I put a link to the first episode in my first post.

....We need a smilie for epic fail....

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Insomniac wrote:
Insomniac wrote:So during a recent TVTropes binge, I came across the page for Crest/Banner of the Stars. I remembered fond memories of watching Crest(one season) and season one of Banner(of three seasons) many years ago, so I decided to look 'em up. Here's episode one, for those interested.
Yeah. I put a link to the first episode in my first post.

....We need a smilie for epic fail....
I clicked the link I just couldn't find any other episodes, until just now. We do need a smiley for fails (;_;) . Thanks though.
Image Image

Duo Barton
Council Member

#12 Post by Duo Barton »

I have a question. Is the translation crest or is it banner or is it one of those words that is either?

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#13 Post by Tuna »

Duo Barton wrote:I have a question. Is the translation crest or is it banner or is it one of those words that is either?
The original series is titled "Crest of the Stars", while the second is titled "Banner of the Stars" - they are two different titles, but everyone usually just says "Crest/Banner of the Stars", since you really need to watch both series to get the full story.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Which series is this?
Image Image

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#15 Post by Tuna »

Natani--Fan. wrote:Which series is this?
Which series is what?
=o.o=

If you're watching the series that begins with Jinto as a little kid, then that was Crest - if the one you're watching begins with grown-up Jinto and Lafiel going on their first mission as part of the Imperial Fleet, then you're watching Banner.