Hellsing OVA and Normal

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Worbak
Templar GrandMaster

Hellsing OVA and Normal

#1 Post by Worbak »

Hellsing...both the OVA and Normal the episodes are cut into parts anyway heres the first parts of the first episodes...theres so many you'll have to watch the rest yourself im afraid.

It's about real vampires (I'm just not too fond to the twillight ones.) But hellsing itself is a agency made to protect the queen of england from satanic monsters...mostly vampires theres another faction called section 13 thats like hellsing but does it in the name of god and all that...theres a third faction only in OVA called MIllenium which are evil nazis with a army of vampires.

OVA 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bmx1bT6ukE

Normal 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfh4EeoFJBg

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Hellsing OVA and Normal

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

Trust me when I say that the Hellsing TV was a total disappointment. The TV series deviates from the manga after book two and after that the plot meanders around with filler episodes, poorly developed original villains, poor character design, and hit and miss animation. Long story short, don't waste your time on this abomination. Get the OVA, there is no comparison.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Worbak
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Worbak »

Yes i agree the OVA was really better but eh.

Commanderlewis
Templar

#4 Post by Commanderlewis »

Hellsing OVA was the second best anime that I have ever seen.

AND ITS ****ING AWESOME, WE ARE TALKING SO AWESOME YOU SHALL SIT IN SHOCK AND MARVEL AT HOW YOU EVER COULD HAVE FOUND NARUTO/BLEACH EPIC.

And the fact it is dark, bloody, and involves REAL bad@$$ vampires (no more sparkly emos) makes me squeal in delight whenever I rewatch it.

~Lewis~
"When entering oblivion, friends stand beside you, your family stands behind you, but only your dog has the guts to stand with you."

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#5 Post by Ravenous222 »

Yeah my chinese bud got me hooked on the OVA, i never read the manga (never read any manga lol) but the tv series was just too amazing.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Volgaia »

I was in a position where I watched the old anime first. I liked it, but then I saw the first volume of the OVA and thought, "Why did I waste my time watching that other version? Then I found the manga and am currently engrossed in it until more dubbed volumes for the OVA are released.
[Under Construction... Again]

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#7 Post by Duo Barton »

Hellsing OVA kicks so much [censored censor] that it should be illegal. I have never been this caught up in a series, The moment some one finds OVA 8 plz let me know.
Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Never Look Back.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Arashi500
Master

#8 Post by Arashi500 »

I like the beginning and up to valentine brothers in the TV series better than the OVA, as well as the villians who are not Incognito or Sett. Everything else is just amazing in the OVA.

Also, anyone read the Hellsing fan webcomic And Shine Heaven Now?
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#9 Post by Duo Barton »

Have you read the OVA manga?

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

Duo Barton wrote:Have you read the OVA manga?
I have, I own seven of the volumes.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Duo Barton
Council Member

#11 Post by Duo Barton »

It. Is. Amazing.

No one can argue that...right?