FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

kagome_angel
Merchant

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

#1 Post by kagome_angel »

Okay, so... I've never read the FMA manga. I've seen most of the first FMA series, though the details of it are fuzzy. I remember I stopped watching it because I kept missing so many episodes when they would air. I also remember that the storyline was fantastic, if not a bit depressing.

I was browsing through the guide on Dish the other night looking for something decent to watch, and I stumbled across Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Episode five was the one playing, so I watched it. I've been trying to keep up with it since then.

Has anyone here been watching it? A friend of mine told me that it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original FMA anime.

I would love to hear your thoughts, guys.

And in case you've all missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/show/fullmetalalchemist

"I think that you're gonna be the one to save him from himself. It won't be because he loves me. It'll be because he loves you."
~Elena to Damon, The Vampire Diaries

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

Re: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

#2 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

I haven't really been keeping up with it, but I got further in the subs than the stuff airing on TV.

The early episodes of Brotherhood kinda gloss over the first season or so of the original anime. The original had better pacing in this respect, but, to be honest, I care little about the stuff I've already seen, but they can't just say "go watch the last one" if they're gonna start over so whatever.

Really, until a certain point, the anime and manga were the same, and after that point, the anime got produced faster, and as such was written differently. For example, the homunculus Wrath is a completely different person from the manga to the original anime and so is Pride. Brotherhood follows the manga completely, instead of just using it as a launching point like the original anime. Or at least its supposed to. :P

At any rate, I need to finish watching the subs or start following the dub on TV. Decisions decisions...
ImageImageImageImage

Glitcher
Templar Master

Re: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

#3 Post by Glitcher »

I've seen all the FMA: Brotherhood episodes and read most of the books. This is by FAR my favorite anime/manga, with Deathnote following behind. The ending is probably one of the most epic and creative endings to a manga I've seen. I wish there would be another season, but the ending kinda makes that difficult.
ImageImageImage