Spice and Wolf???

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

Spice and Wolf???

#1 Post by No Clemency »

Does anyone know where to find the English dubbed version of Spice and Wolf for free. I found the episodes made by FUNimation on Youtube, but you have to start paying for the episodes once you start episode 3, so this is my dilemma. I found out that FUNimation took all the other videos down because they own the rights to the video. Can anyone help. :?
Youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/show/spiceandwolf

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Spice and Wolf???

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

What was it the spider said to the fly...

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Scytalle »

Ironically I ran into this exact same issue about 12 hours (and 23 episodes) ago. After some random searching around I eventually resigned myself to watching it with subtitles, which isn't really all that bad, you get used to it.

I would say if you really want the dub, you should drop the dollar per episode, though I think it's kinda waste of money for a mere 24 hour rental on youtube.

I only managed to find the first season on youtube, found the rest of season two on gogoanime, http://www.gogoanime.com/?s=spice+and+wolf

I really enjoyed the whole series, which is good for my first anime. And, of course, Horo is amazingly cute :kathrin:

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by No Clemency »

Oh, I've already watched Spice and Wolf subbed a few times, I just wanted to watch it dubbed as well. But I guess that isn't possible at this point unless I pay up. :(

Schrodinger wrote:Ahem. http://twokinds.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=25 This belongs there.
P.S. As a reply to this, I couldn't decide which was more fitting, since it was a question not just some comment. So I just picked one and went with it. Next time if it deals with Anime I will post it here then.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#5 Post by Tuna »

Sowwy to say, but yeah, there's no way to pick up more dubbed S&W...legally...so any suggestions we could make would break Forum Rule #1.
<<;

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#6 Post by Blazeofspikes »

I watched a couple of episodes of Spice and wolf but never really got interested in it from watching 4 episodes. (maybe it has to do with me watching to many animes at one time because as of right now I am watching: Luckystar episode 7, Ninja nonsense Episode 6, Hanamaru Kindergarden episode 1, and Baka to test to shokanjuu as soon as the sub comes out along with Kaito reinya when they fix the audio sync at Chruncyroll website.)

Oh and she is going to make a Cameo appearance in the new Nippon Ichi rpg in Japan called Zettai Kazou Keikaku
http://www.japanator.com/elephant/photo ... _key=15088

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by No Clemency »

Tuna wrote:Sowwy to say, but yeah, there's no way to pick up more dubbed S&W...legally...so any suggestions we could make would break Forum Rule #1.
<<;
I understand, but when I get home, I still think I might try downloading a torrent of the episodes and see if I can get them that way since I can't really do that while I'm here at college due to all of their security. Plus I figured I could also ask our anime club here at college to get the episodes since our club is apparently sponsored by FUNimation so we can get any of there shows for free, so I might look into that. But we will see. :?

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Fireball0236 »

Firewhisky, is it just me, or does she seem a bit out of place there? O o...

As for the topic, I am still trying to grasp why on earth anyone would ever want to wathc the dub xD ... No matter if it's anime, movie, ... the original version is better. And subs, you get used to those very soon, no problem reading those and the video at the same time. (And you learn Japanese while watching =P ).

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by No Clemency »

Fireball0236 wrote:Firewhisky, is it just me, or does she seem a bit out of place there? O o...

As for the topic, I am still trying to grasp why on earth anyone would ever want to wathc the dub xD ... No matter if it's anime, movie, ... the original version is better. And subs, you get used to those very soon, no problem reading those and the video at the same time. (And you learn Japanese while watching =P ).
Well I agree with you there, I just think it would be nice to watch it in English as well. :) And as for learning Japanese at the same time, well that's not working very good for me, but then again, that's probably because when it comes to learning a different language I'm a complete and a total idiot. :oops: But it sure would be awesome to learn Japanese some day, that would be the best. |D

TheBigWhale
Traveler

#10 Post by TheBigWhale »

justdubs.net

The videos stopped working back when I was at college for a period of time, but here at home they seem to still work. Not sure if it might have just been a firewall problem or something but they'll probably work for you anyway.

And glad to see somebody else loves this series. It really is the epitome of quality anime.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Fireball0236 »

Well, it was, until the second season imo...

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Scytalle »

First half of the second season seemed to drag pretty badly. It eventually picked up towards the end, but the start was slow for sure.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Fireball0236 »

I just found it unfortunate that both parts of the second season dragged on for half of the season each... The first season had more events, and was more light-hearted, from what I remember.

And the OVA just had nothing but fanservice, and not of high quality imo... I hope (if they continue) it'll get better again.

LOL @ "Stretch With Wacchi" tho xD . Isshoni Training anyone?

No Clemency
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by No Clemency »

TheBigWhale wrote:justdubs.net

The videos stopped working back when I was at college for a period of time, but here at home they seem to still work. Not sure if it might have just been a firewall problem or something but they'll probably work for you anyway.

And glad to see somebody else loves this series. It really is the epitome of quality anime.
Well kind of late responding here. But thanks for the site. Now I can watch it in English and hopefully come to understand some of the economics a little better behind the anime, at least I hope. :roll:

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheMouse »

I watched my first episode of this, just a few hours ago. I am not often a fan of anime (or TV shows in general) but I think I'll see this one through. It has a mellow sort of feel to it, the sort of thing I can curl up, drink hot tea, and relax with.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.