Spice and Wolf???

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Random User
Traveler

Re: Spice and Wolf???

#16 Post by Random User »

I'm watching Spice and Wolf right now, and I love how they could take such a boring (at least boring to me) concept such as economics and turn it into something so interesting.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#17 Post by The Rookie »

I've only ever watched a handful of anime, but this is easily my favourite. The series was so different to anything else I had seen, the main setting was simple,the characters were wonderfully written and the interactions between Kraft and Holo as they slowly fell for each other left me wanting to know what happened next after each episode. After finishing the second season, I was devastated to learn that there hadn't been a third, nor had there been any official word on if they ever planed to release one. What made that realisation worse was the way the left the second season ending perfectly for a third, especially after the closing scene were the pair confessed their mutual feelings for each other.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had heard any hopeful rumours of a third season, if only to tie up the ending ? I know it's extremely unlikely at this point, but there seems to have been a recent spike in the series popularity again. So... maybe ?

One last thing, has anyone read the English versions of the light novels ? I'm considering giving them a read through (seeming the show may never return (;_;) ) and was wondering what your thoughts were.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#18 Post by judah4 »

I've been reading the novels for a while now and I do enjoy them. I wish they would make another season but the novels at least satisfies the itch. The anime goes to the 5th book or so with it mostly being 2 books per season with some side stories thrown in where they fit in the show. I highly recommend getting the books if you want more spice and wolf :grin:

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#19 Post by The Rookie »

judah4 wrote:I've been reading the novels for a while now and I do enjoy them. I wish they would make another season but the novels at least satisfies the itch. The anime goes to the 5th book or so with it mostly being 2 books per season with some side stories thrown in where they fit in the show. I highly recommend getting the books if you want more spice and wolf :grin:
Awesome, I might have to look into it some more. :D

I also stumbled across the manga as well, please excuse my ignorance but I've never actually read one before. From my understanding a manga is very similar to a comic but is read from right to left opposed to reading left to right, is that right ? I was considering looking into that option as well, but it looks like the manga might even be a few chapters behind where the anime left off.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#20 Post by judah4 »

I do not know how far the manga is. I picked up the novels since they are the originals that the anime was based off of and then the manga came out sometime during or after the show. After some searching on amazon, it looks like there are only 7 manga books and it looks like it takes the story right to where the show stopped.

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#21 Post by Winter-huntsman »

So I just started watching this on hulu, you guys know it's a dubbed on Hulu for free right? Anyways I'm in love with the show only on ep 8 so far.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

zedrox
Traveler

#22 Post by zedrox »

God damn it guys.
*sees this*
*goes looks it up*
*watches first episode*
*trys to do life*
*can't concentrate on life*
*goes watches the whole series*

Thanks for that. I have to read 100+ pages of a book for monday, but i couldn't get around to doing this because i couldn't concentrate. I had to watch the whole damn series and get depressed over my life just so i can carry on with it. It was exactly the same with twokinds too. I don't know how they do it, but these stories always make me reflect on crap like the value of friendship and the meaning of life and that bullsh*t.

Every [censored]' time. (But i leik it)

zedrox
Traveler

#23 Post by zedrox »

*about to read book*
*finds out there's a spice & Wolf season 2*
it's not that i don't like it. Its just that i realise that i need to do things that affect me IRL, but somehow i find things like this more important and i NEED to watch everything to satisfy myself