Anime with furry characters.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

Anime with furry characters.

#1 Post by Blazeofspikes »

Does anyone know any good animes that have furry characters in it that you guys might want to recommend? The only anime that I know of that has furry characters is Kobato, which kinda surprised me on episode 6 where 2 furry characters were just introduced recently.(genko who is a bear furry who works at some kind of bakery in another dimension and ginsei which I think is some kind of rabbit furry who I think is Ioyorogi's rival)

Since I probably can assume there is probably very few animes that have anthro characters you guys can also talk about mimi creatures (cat girls), talking stuffed animals (like Ioyorogi in kobato and kero chan from cardcaptor sakura), animes with animals that can talk (like nyan koi or that flying cat dragon thing from the first lunar game on the playstation), animes with characters who wear animal related clothing, and animes with people who can turn into animals (ranma 1/2).

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Animes with furry characters.

#2 Post by Bane Dragon »

dunno any "animes", since I don't get the network or watch very many anyway, but I can probably find a little list of mangas that fit the description.
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#3 Post by Tuna »

Do you want anime with only anthro characters? 'Cause that will indeed be difficult to accomplish. If you want anime that simply has anthro characters in the cast, that is much, muuuuch easier.
:kathrin:

Just about any of Miyazaki's works will have tons of talking animals in them...there are dozens of anime with -mimis in them (I'd suggest Wikiing "catgirl")...

Shoot, shows like Digimon have tons of technically anthro characters in them...

It's difficult to think of where to begin.
XD

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#4 Post by Blazeofspikes »

I am not exactly looking for a anime with just anthro characters only because this is practically the only anime that has nothing but anthro characters. (I have seen a couple of episodes and it's just ok although I couldn't really recommend it to anyone but you guys can try it if you want to)

As for any anime I am specifically looking for is a anime that has a couple of anthro characters, talking animals/stuffed toys, and a anime with people wearing animal costumes. (something like anymal tantei kirumins but actually has a good list of subbed episodes and is not so shoujo. I have only seen one episode though and it's meh so far and I can't download the 2nd episode or find any english subs episodes 3-8)

I have seen a good amount of miyazaki films and have watched pretty much all of the good digimon seasons except I can't remember the 3rd season very well and the Japanese subs are impossible to find. Oh and you can post mangas also.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#5 Post by Tuna »

Well...lessee...

- Outlaw Star - There's an entire race of catpeople here, along with guest spots from several other anthro races.
- Tenchi Muyo GXP - Again, an entire race of cat anthro people, along with a few others.
- Blue Sub No.6 - Post-apocalyptic world where an entire race of Dr. Moreau-esque anthro creatures vie with the remaining human population.
- Shinzo - Same as Blue Sub No.6, but no sub, and in RPG style.
- Kimba the White Lion - Obvious inspiration for The Lion King, has tons of talking animals.
- Wolf's Rain - Wolves who can disguise themselves as humans try to find their place in a dying world.
- Dragonball - Lots of talking dragons, lizards, cats, etc.
- Sonic X - Technically anthro...
- Inuyasha - All of the "demons" are technically anthros - tons of those in this series.
- Hamtaro - Kid's show - but hey, they're talking hamsters who can build stuff.
- Yu Yu Hakusho - Another show with tons of anthro "demons"...and fighting!
- Samurai Pizza Cats - Saturday morning fare, but anthro cats for sure.
- Hyper Police - 100% anthro action comedy - lots of fun :3
But definitely recheck Digimon Season 3 - it has Renamon!

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#6 Post by Blazeofspikes »

heh I will be sure to check those out after I finish renkin San kyu magical pokaan which is a anime where a magical girl, a android, a vampire, and a werewolf all live together and each day they have adventures of living in the modern world. (like for example the vampire falls in love with a blood donor worker) Although the main reason to watch this anime is probably the cute/sexy werewolf liru. (here is a link if you want to watch it. *warning this anime does have strong partial nudity and may contain nudity later that I might not know of yet because I haven't finished it yet*)

Thank you very much for the anime recommendations Tuna! I will be sure to check them out soon :kathrin:

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#7 Post by supervanman64 »

Firewhisky wrote:Although the main reason to watch this anime is probably the cute/sexy werewolf liru.
Yeah, I've heard of Liru. It mentioned her on a site about animal-eared characters. I checked a few parts on Youtube, and yeah, that anime is not work safe. ;D

Reichu
Citizen

#8 Post by Reichu »

Arashi no Yoru ni. It is an anime for children about friendship. My avatar is from the animation, so you can probably tell that I enjoyed it!

I wrote a bit about it HERE too, including some screen captures.

I don't know if it would be considered "furry" or anthro though, since the characters are just animals with human qualities.

Another animation that I watched recently was Felidae (German, not Japanese -- so it is not "anime" per say). I was very impressed with the animation quality for it being a 1994 film. The intended audience is definitely adults, so be warned. It has sexual themes and graphic depictions of violence. It is about a cat who moves into a new neighborhood (with his owner) and begins investigating a string of murders (involving other cats). The closest thing I could compare it to would be Secret of Nimh, but it is really in a genre of its own. :mike:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by AzeNaku »

Tuna wrote:- Sonic X - Technically anthro...
:karen:

What about Utawarerumono? I mean, almost every character has animal ears and a tail. Some only have wings and one only has a mask, but still. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Fireball0236 »

Hopefully not too much of a necro-post, but as this board is a bit inactive.

Just wanted to add, don't forget about Spice and Wolf, with our wolf-god-girl Horo.

Tho, anime with actual animal characters, that do not seem childish like http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=5978 are hard to come by. One example is Princess Tutu. It may seem childish at first (and the first few episodes), but from the second half of the anime, it takes a much darker twist. Among other things they have a cat teacher in there, and other animals walking around as if they were human. I did enjoy that anime ^^.

Calligrapher
Citizen

#11 Post by Calligrapher »

Speaking of Nyan Koi, it looks like the curse is catching up to Junpei in the latest episode.
There are no absolutes.

RandomGamer92
Council Member

#12 Post by RandomGamer92 »

Calligrapher wrote:Speaking of Nyan Koi, it looks like the curse is catching up to Junpei in the latest episode.
There's an anime?! Holy crap I must go watch EEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEETTTTT!!! *Runs away*
*SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH* Runs back* *SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH*
Look up "World Destruction." There is an anime, manga, and video game.
Runs away again*
*Yelling in the distance* "Nyan Koi!!!!"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

Fireball0236 wrote:Hopefully not too much of a necro-post, but as this board is a bit inactive.

Just wanted to add, don't forget about Spice and Wolf, with our wolf-god-girl Horo.

Tho, anime with actual animal characters, that do not seem childish like http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=5978 are hard to come by. One example is Princess Tutu. It may seem childish at first (and the first few episodes), but from the second half of the anime, it takes a much darker twist. Among other things they have a cat teacher in there, and other animals walking around as if they were human. I did enjoy that anime ^^.
I also enjoyed Princess Tutu. I even read the manga.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#14 Post by Blazeofspikes »

Just finished Magical Pokaan a week or so ago and it's a great anime series if you're looking for ecchi, and Nyan koi around the 21st which is great although it was very short ;.; I hope there is a 2nd season.

As for what animes I am currently watching that has furry characters (although this isn't furry in any terms)
*spoilers on the plot*
I am watching "Fruit basket" which is a story about Tooru a high school girl whose mom has died in a car accident so she lives with her grandparents until they needed to renovate his house. So after she was kicked out temporarily of his grandparents house she lived in a tent in the forest until she accidentally finds the Soumas family house which 2 people live there: Yuki which is apparently everyones favorite crush in high school and Shigure who is the person who I think owns the house.

A couple days after the time Tooru found Souga's residents Shigure and Yuki finds Tooru sleeping in a tent near their house and they decided to bring her to their house for a while because she has a fever for working to hard from work and school then suddenly a landscape sweeps her tent gone leaving only her books and a picture frame of her mom left. So then in conclusion Tooru becomes a house maid so that she can live in Souma's family house. As for what makes this anime kinda furry is shortly after they introduces Tooru's room they then introduce Kyou who is literally a ill tempered cat and he always wants to fight his other 2 family members Shigure and yuki which upset Tooru to the point where she tackled Kyou which then revealed the Zodiac curse which turns the person into a animal depending on the year the person was born. (kyou turns into a cat, Yuki turns into a mouse, and Shigure turns into a dog)

Their is also many back stories about Tooru's mom like for example how her mom always told bed time folk stories when Tooru was young about how god created a party in which the animals would be remembered by and when the cat forgot the date of the party he then asked the mouse which then tricked him by telling him the wrong date so that way the cat would then miss out on the party and will then be forgotten which made Tooru cry and made her feel so sorry for the cat that she wished that she would be friends with so that way she could proove that someone loved the cat. (so pretty much after Tooru found out about kyou's curse she then has a crush on him because he has is like the cat in the story although it's tough for her because Kyou has poor social skills and gets easily mad)
/endspoilers
I am currently on the 3rd episode and is currently streaming the dub from hulu.com I will hopefully update more info on this anime later as I watch more of it. As of right now I highly recommend this anime to just about anyone here on this board unless for some reason you don't like shoujo animes for some reason. >.>

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#15 Post by Tuna »

I love Furuba! I actually went to a con as Kyo once - it was pretty fun acting all feisty and angsty all the time...