Favorite Anime Music

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

Favorite Anime Music

#1 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Ah, music. It is what turns a cool fight into an EPIC one.

GunXSword

Dann Of Thursday. Man, it's the creepiest theme for a mecha I've ever seen.
Random Asskicking theme-It's just awesome. Especially when they play it during the random swimsuit episode to Kameo grabbing some chick's suit.
El Dorado Five theme-happens around 4:23, when Yukkiko starts singing. Those are the most awesome old dudes EVAR. They have many good songs involving them.
Opening Theme-well, it is awesome. and plays during the final battle. YOU CANNOT STOP THE POWER OF THE OPENING THEME

Will add more as I get more free time.

Yes, I like me some giant fighting robots.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Favorite Anime Music

#2 Post by Fireball0236 »

I've got a list of anime songs I love and listen to. Do I have to find them all on Youtube? xD ...

My current favourites though are
Gakuen Heaven - School Boys (OP)
Bleach - Rolling Star (OP5)
Ah! My Goddess - Wing (ED2) (Can't find the full wong on Youtube)...
Trinity Blood - Dress ~Blood Trinity Mix~ (OP)
Trinity Blood - Broken Wings (ED)
Mnemosyne - Cause Disarray (ED)
DNAngel - Byakuya ~True Light~ (OP)

Though I could get a list of all songs I have.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Fireball0236 »

Hurray for the ED of Suzumiya Haruhi! Though the OP, Bouken Desho Desho is good as well ^^.

Two more songs I do like (which'll scare Fast away :P ):
Princess Princess - Kimi To Deatte Kara (OP)
Princess Princess - Hohoemi Wo Agetai (ED)

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#5 Post by Nuff »

The opening theme to Elfen Lied, Lilium as an amazingly beautiful song, and a complete change fromt he normal J-Pop you can get stuck with with anime.

Also liking the opening to Ergo Proxy right now. Plus, the ending credits for the series is Paranoid Android by Radiohead, how cool is that ^_^

The opening to GITS SAC 2nd GiG is also pretty sweet.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Fireball0236 »

While talking about Anime Music, I'm wondering if anyone by any divinely chance has got the song "Yakusoku" (Promise) by Sachiko Muratani? It's the ending song of the anime Hotori ~Tada Saiwai Wo Koinegau~, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere :( .

lordofchange
Citizen

#7 Post by lordofchange »

so far my favorite music fomr anime has to be .hack//signs and fooly cooly. i like the entire soundtrack for both of them.
"I will leave nothing but fire and ruin in my wake for I am the scourge of khaine."

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

GaoGaiGar:
The Opening Theme-Ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-Gaogaigar! Is actually weaponized during the scene where it is revealed that Mic Sounders is actually a Mecha-bard. Also plays during the humiliating fight against EI-14, the Zaku.
Saikyo Yuusha Robo Gundan-This song first plays when every single hero teams up to save tokyo and show those zonders who's boss. Gets a bit longer once FuRyu and RaiRyu show up.
Let's Final Fusion-The song so awesome, that when it is played, a shining GaoFaiGar shows up and makes the enemy explode.
FINAL opening Theme-Like the normal opening, but MORE epic. I'm sorry honey, I have to go destroy a solar system. I'll get back to you later.
Beatiful Wings Of Light-It may not be quite as hotblooded as alot of the other songs, but is still cool. J-ARK!
Perfect Yell-Theme song+attack names=win. It's simple math.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Aeolus1212
Citizen

#9 Post by Aeolus1212 »

The Hellsing OST is nothing short of awesome. I still listen to it on its own pretty frequently.

Air Gear is great if you're into that kind of music. Kind of a hip-hop/techno-ey thing.

Eureka Seven had a wonderful soundtrack pretty much through and through, too. Particularly how they integrated the music with the anime. Especially the song Storywriter, which had a very soft opening that built up into a rock song magnificently. So many moments that gave me chills with that.

Berserk had a few songs that made me get all teary every time they integrated it with the anime.

Naruto has a great soundtrack, but it's more just for the anime than for listening on its own in my opinion.

Bleach had a Great soundtrack. Full of fighting music that pumped you up for the fight scenes. Some of em are worth listening on their own. Mostly, I stole from Bleach's soundtrack to replace songs on game soundtracks, like Ragnarok :P .

Gundam 00 was pretty good, too. Lot of good openings and endings. I particularly like how they integrate the ending music with the end of the episode.

Then there are the tons of Japanese bands that do various anime openings and endings.

The Pillows - Did just about, if not the entirety of, the FLCL soundtrack. Great band that's been around FOREVER.

Flow - Eureka Seven's first opening, Naruto's Fighting Dreamers opening, at least one of Bleach's openings, and a Code Geass opening. That's all I know of, they might've done more. They're a great band, I highly recommend them. On an off note, they come to conventions around the US somewhat frequently too. I saw them front row :grin: .

Asian Kung Fu Generation - Most known for Haruka Kanata, which they used as an extremely popular Naruto opening. I think they did some others, but I'm not sure. They're my favorite band, so I of course recommend them very highly.

Sambomaster - A great band, most known for Seishun Kyousoukyoku, which was a Naruto opening. The best Naruto opening, if you ask me. Very nice jazzy rock band.

And of course, Yoko Kanno, who's done a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff. Off the top of my head, she had her hand in the soundtracks of Cowboy Bebop, Visions of Escaflowne, Brain Powerd, Turn A Gundam, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the shell, and a huge number of others. Wikipedia her, and I'm sure you could find a full credit listing. It's doubtlessly massive. Personally, I love what she did for Brain Powerd and Cowboy Bebop the most. Both great soundtracks.

I went a little overboard, sorry :oops: . I'm a bit too long-winded, it seems.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Fireball0236 »

I recently watched the anime Maria Holic, for those who know it... And just like the anime itself, the OP is simply
O o...

Well, it seems the TV version of this OP is nowhere to be found online -_-' ... Sigh. Anyway, for those who happen to know the anime, you know what I mean xD .

Saki
Council Member

#11 Post by Saki »

=3 I can upload it to youtube if you would like
when in doubt use a crowbar

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Fireball0236 »

Don't bother, both YouTube and Dailymotion seem to throw it out for copyright reasons the second you upload it... That's why you can only seem to find the "full song" without the video. Maria Holic isn't even part of the firm that complained about the copyright of Maria Holic O o... Either way.

Saki
Council Member

#13 Post by Saki »

Normally it isnt the company's who own the product who complaine they see it as good advertising
when in doubt use a crowbar

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Yeah, well, YouTube's run by a bunch of [censored] now, so...

Spice and Wolf's intro theme has replaced whatever else was there before as my favorite.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by AzeNaku »

Do songs that play during Anime sequences in games count?
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage