Kickstart, books and bonus...

A place to discuss the production of the second book in the Twokinds series.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Kickstart, books and bonus...

#31 Post by Schrodinger »

BaronVictor wrote:The one thing I'm concerned about, with these goals, is that, while I understand that Tom is doing them to try to keep pledges from dropping off, and giving people a reason to back it/keep people who are already backing it from dropping their pledges down to a lower level, if they originally backed higher so that it would be sure to reach $100,000, but I'm afraid that this will begin to spiral out of control, with more and more goals, as each new one is reached. Tom will be even busier, with, in addition to the 2x/week updating, the processing of all the kickstarter orders, and dealing with the Full print runs of the books, which likely means setting up an online store, and contacting brick and mortar retailers about potentially putting it in their shelves. I just fear he'll spread himself too thin with all the things he will end up promising.
Keenspot is handling the production and Diamond Comic Distributions will handle the distribution as far as I know. There is a system in place here.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

bluespart
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by bluespart »

One question: If I need to make my donation in two different payments (pre-paid credit cards. Bleh.), how do I tell which reward I wish to get?

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#33 Post by aj »

bluespart wrote:One question: If I need to make my donation in two different payments (pre-paid credit cards. Bleh.), how do I tell which reward I wish to get?
If it's not a limited reward, send a message to Tom about it, and mention the two donations you made. That's the easiest.
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

scaryscarymushroom

#34 Post by scaryscarymushroom »

I know there hasn't been much going on with this thread but...

Does anyone know when these books are going to ship? I'm very excited to get my copy! :flora:

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#35 Post by DariusL »

Here's a comment Tom left on the Kickstarter page five days ago.
twokinds wrote: Sorry, guys. Just hang on, it's coming. The last of the materials have been printed and should be on their way to me any day now. Once they do, all surveys will go out and I'll set a release date on the digital content. I'm really hoping it gets here next week.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#36 Post by EvilNinjadude »

What made me think he'd upload the new, edited pages to the site first, so we could all go over them and find mistakes before the final versions come out?

victorymon
Master

#37 Post by victorymon »

its been a while... and I´m still waiting for the printed books (;_;)
Denken hilft zwar, nützt aber nichts
***;)***
Hey everymon, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/
and here I am in my Fur-Suit (as a Werewolf) http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by SirSlaughter »

victorymon wrote:its been a while... and I´m still waiting for the printed books (;_;)
Truth be told really, when is this happening? It has been a good long while. Would have been nice for those people to receive their stuff by Christmas.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#39 Post by foxlord »

I still have faith in Master Fischbach. We shall get our books by Christmas. If not... New years is close too!
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#40 Post by avwolf »

Last I'd heard, the hurricane slowed everything down. I just got an unrelated Kickstarter package that had been slowed by the hurricane today, so I have little doubt that we'll be seeing our packages within the next few weeks. Now, sketch and signature books might take longer, because they have to pass through Tom's hands, but otherwise, the book shipping schedule isn't anything he has control over, and I don't think he's very much more in the loop on that than we are. The Kickstarter rewards shipping isn't something Tom has control over, so have a bit more patience.