The RPer's absence thread

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

The RPer's absence thread

#1 Post by Raphael »

I know this isn't an RP exactly, and I know we already have a coming & going thread. But I figured; why not make a going away thread for RP players only, that way we dont have to scan through multiple pages of posts to find when some people will be back.

I left a poll open for half a month, with re-voting enabled if you change your minds, so place your bids and let me know if this is a smart idea or not...And if this belongs in another board, or is a pointless thread, the mods are free to do what they want with this.

Tell me what you think...And please dont hurt me *meeps*

Moddex
Master

Re: (Idea) The RPer's absence thread

#2 Post by Moddex »

I have employed a system like this in my own forum and it works great (granted when they actually use it). It's excellent for a forum as large and cooperative as this (my users are lax since there's so few of us anyway and forget to use it).

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

ask yash, as there is a general abscence thread already.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Raphael »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote:ask yash, as there is a general abscence thread already.
I know about the general absence thread in the ranting board Arach, if you read my first post you'd know that I chose to make this thread for RPers only. In my opinion, it may be easier to use than with the general one, because then we dont need to go searching through pages of posts to find when someone is gone and when they'll get back.

Yash
Administrator

#5 Post by Yash »

This is a good enough idea that this thread deserves to be stickied. You can all thank Raphael for the PM he sent me asking about this.

Enjoy, and please remember to use this thread.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

Re: The RPer's absence thread

#6 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Right then. Everyone, posting for me may be down due to nanowrimo.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Sithil »

I think this certainly sounds splendid idea, good idea, Raphael.

I'd also like to announce that I will be unable to post from time to time, due to sudden and exhausting depressive and agressive moodswings.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

Optix
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Optix »

Exams will stop me for a bit. I'll be on but not much
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Raphael »

Thanks for the compliments everybody, hopefully this thread will come in handy in the future.

...And good luck with that 50,000 word novel Arach. Hopefully you'll make the one month deadline.

I'll be on here pretty frequently as all of you would have guessed, but I'll let you know when I'll be gone for a long period.

Luca
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Luca »

Okay basically I've school at odd hours 7:30-4:45 other than that is go time.
ImageImage
click here to level up my card!

Drisk Kayne
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Drisk Kayne »

Posting might not be so frequent, due to me having recently gotten a 360 and Fable 2.
"Free will is an illusion, and everyone is going to do what they are going to do. This is because before they do it, they're going to have done it, and afterwards they've already done it."

"So it goes."

Shifts
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Shifts »

I won't be on too much, because I have to revise for exams when I come in from school everyday, then I use my evenings for either going out or playing my Xbox. I will probably be on less and less seeing as Gears of War 2 is coming on Friday and CoD5 the next again Friday.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Raphael »

Shifts wrote:I won't be on too much, because I have to revise for exams when I come in from school everyday, then I use my evenings for either going out or playing my Xbox. I will probably be on less and less seeing as Gears of War 2 is coming on Friday and CoD5 the next again Friday.
Drisk Kayne wrote:Posting might not be so frequent, due to me having recently gotten a 360 and Fable 2.
Ok...Hopefully the increase in new video games wont ruin all of these RPs, please try to find at least some time to post here. I'd rather not have the RPs that I'm in die because people aren't posting frequently enough. ((call me a paranoid RPer, I don't give a damn :P))

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

I don't think I'll be able to post as much from now until after Christmas, ya know, the whole forumite picture and all.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Bio, my sisters, wont be able to be online for a weak now.
She is on vacation by going south, which aperently is a good idea if you want to go to disney world since most of the children are stuck in school while, anyways, she wont be able to be on forgivness for about a weak or so, probibly 7-9 days.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.