The roleplay idea and common sense topic

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

Re: The roleplay idea and common sense topic

#91 Post by TheNewGirl »

I'm glad there's so much interest! I'll put up stuff for the amnesia (as it shall henceforth be known) role-play idea either when the Tourney is over or once it's going well and is easier to GM.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#92 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

I'd like to request a medieval fantasy RP.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#93 Post by redundant_redundant »

stickied.

-looks at thread start-
prodigy: the character who always excells even though they are young

how to use: stick to being the master of one thing, and also keep in mind that just because they are adult-like doesn't mean they're adults
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#94 Post by Twippit »

Blarg n' Stein wrote:I'd like to request a medieval fantasy RP.
Actually, I was just thinking of doing something like that. I have a few ideas (the RP idea thread has been taken down for some reason... what'd I miss there???) for some RPs... One is a military furry RP (not that we don't already have a million of those already) that pushes for more creative and unusual animals than normal (generic foxes are not allowed!), and is very PVP-based. I've put tons of time and thought into this- there IS a story here, and it can go in a bunch of different directions. There's MUCH more to this, but I don't want to go to the effort of writing it all out.

The other one is along the lines of "I'm a standard DnD character from Twippit's most awesome nightmares!" (Yes, I do deem my nightmares awesome.) See, in DnD (3rd edition, anyway,) any creature with an intelligence score over 3 was sentient (the average human has a score of 10). Anything that was sentient could communicate and learn, and anything that could do that could pick up a class and be deemed a "character" (albeit a very unusual and sometimes very powerful character). That would've opened up some very interesting character choices, except for the "overpowered" factor. So my solution is, take out the 'underpowered'! This is a reverse dungeon RP, and I'd take ALMOST any "monster" character races from any DnD 3-3.5 book (monster manual 1+2 preferred, though if you can get me at least a link to its stats I'd be OK with that), set in generic DnD setting.

Does this work?
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#95 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

That's pretty good, (The 2nd one I mean.) so if I'm on the right page, We are the monsters correct? Or are we humans (and such) protecting a dungeon?

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#96 Post by Twippit »

We're the monsters. I'm pretty okay with this one, and I have an inkling of where to take it, but personally I've thrown more effort into the other one. I'll get more details about both up here in a few -battling the monsters of laziness, boredom, and distraction!
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#97 Post by redundant_redundant »

I like the idea twippit. anyone who wants to see a few laughs, or read a good story(?) should watch my players walk through caustic blue. I'm gonna [censored] around with them :grin:
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

- Chocolate

Twippit
Grand Templar

#98 Post by Twippit »

okay. I just spent four hours writing and lost every second of it cuz I accidentally clicked away from it. But! I will re-write everything tomorrow, I swear. I've put a crap-ton of work into the anthro one already, so I'm really hoping that one takes off. I mean, who here doesn't like monkeys fighting tigers while badgers punch them in the face? Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here! Heh, heh-heh... |D

EDIT: Okaaaay... So instead of a day, it took a week. Yep. Don't judge bro, I had a boss breathin' down my neck the whole time, holding a sign that said "unemployment". So I honestly had [censored] to do. Anyway, I re-wrote all that crap and I daresay it's even better than before. Here it is-

"Your Country Needs You!" or, for simplicity's sake, YCNY.
Firstly, the world. The geography is exactly the same as Earth's. In fact, it practically is Earth, with one major difference: there are no humans. Oh, and there's anthros all over the place. There are still normal animals, but there are also anthros of every single animal on the planet. The anthros tend to exist where their animal counterparts feel most comfortable. Perhaps one of the most complicated things is that of territory. There are no real countries as we would recognize, mostly because each anthro has his/her own territory. However, these creatures are at war, and thus they fight for places and mark them as "free" from an opposing faction (despite the fact that some members of the old faction might still live there, mostly civilians). These stragglers do not sabotage the new faction, they usually tend live out the rest of their natural lives in peace (thanks to some unwritten rule. The same rule protects them from the new faction).

The factions are now at war. There are three factions and ten sub-factions. The three factions, simplified, are the Sheckram Dilmane (a communist imperialistic empire who only recently ruled the world), the Cobel Fresir (facist ex-slaves rebuking against the Sheck and have a bone to pick with the Fraud), and the Reet Fraud (a legion of anarchistic and capitalistic rebels fighting for freedoms). The Sheck have monkeys, dogs (and their relatives), and birds. The Cobel have insects, crustaceans, amphibians, reptiles, and rodents. The Fraud have large four-legged herbivores, small/medium omnivorous/carnivorous mammals, and big cats. There's more to it than that, but that's what it looks like in a nutshell.

no.responce
Master

#99 Post by no.responce »

i've been gone quite a while thanks to a job i am two weeks away from leaving, as a result i've been unable to realy keep up with the forum, so what im saying is can anyone recomend an RP or two that will appeal to my twisted sense of humor?
Why did you reverse engineer my Doom Walker?!
So that it could walk backwards...

the only thing I need in life is money, and the friends that magiacly appear when I wave it around

RP characters

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#100 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

How would you guys feel about a RP called Masks, where we RP ourselves? Not our real life selves, but our RP selves. Basically, every single RP we've run in here has happened as a play/drama/musical/whatever by our RP selves, who wear Masks of the character we thought of that turn our entire being into that character for as long as we wear it. (while still maintaining our 'real' selves in the back of our heads) To give an example, the RP Dal'Turim run by tony. That would mean that tony wrote the plot outline of the play, and we created Masks to fit the play(RP). We would then 'act' out our scenes on a stage that was created by magical means by tony, which alters itself to become the RP's setting. Our RP selves would be whatever you wish-even if you're a horribly shy person in real life, your RP person(much like an internet persona) would be whatever you wish.

It would be similar to avwolf's Twokinds Noir as well, in that various mods and other boards would also exist in our universe as other buildings/prominent people. Anyone in the entire Twokinds forum would be capable of making a 'Mask', but obviously RPers would tend to be slightly more competent at creating them. The danger? Intrigue from other RPers. Let's say Bob and Bill are RPing with Joy and Jill. Joy and Bob's characters fall in love in a play(random RP), but they see each other's passions in the play and fall in love in 'real life',(outside the play, NOT in OOC, but in the RP which is, for all intents and purposes, 'real life' for your Bob and Joy.) which causes Bill to kill Bob in 'real life'. Our characters are prone to the same jealousies that we are, they will fight and squabble. No real linear plot-line would be followed.

Any RPs that went really well in these boards would be rather well re-owned for doing so. Our plays would be rather odd for the most part-they would stop halfway as people left, with few finishing. Any creations from other boards would also exist-avwolf's noir, again, would be a well-known story that quite a few of our characters read as he publishes them.

So, what d'you think?

NOTE-Death in a play will not cause your character's death. You just lay there or wherever until the play or scene is over.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#101 Post by Lordlyhour »

Sounds interesting.Kind of weird, But interesting. COuld lead to obscene amounts of recursion, or course. What would happen if someone stole someone else's mask and wore that?
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#102 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I was running more along the idea that the Mask was something oneself created out of thin air over a period of time(creating the CS), and that it was to be worn at all times until one's part finished(a post), at which point it would disappear again. I suppose I could change it so that the Mask was a more physical, steal-able object. As for recursion, I would make it a soft rule that any RPs should only be mentioned in passing, or at least from a different perspective(Instead of the RP, you write it from your character RPing a character that they made with their Mask. No massive copy pasting.)
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#103 Post by Lordlyhour »

I meant Recursion, as in Realising, Shizzidibam, We're part of an RP ourselves! and then entering the RP the were part of. Repeatedly. Sorta Vaguely like what I understand the movie Inception to be about, exept not with dreams
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#104 Post by redundant_redundant »

I'm sure that some of you know about the bleedman web comics "grim tales" and "power puff girls doujin"
and I was thinking a roleplay about that... kind of... well, that and fusion fall.
making your own character, being descended from a cartoon blood line, and fighting with or against other
players. weapons and abilities could be upgraded at certain points in the story, and there would be a
main enemy as well as doing whatever the hell you want. I'm currently making some art and writing the plot
you can PM me if your interested.

- Chocolate

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#105 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Ok so I have never GMed and am, in fact, totally new to forum RP all together, but I have an amazing (or at least I think it is :roll: ) idea for a sci-fi RP. The basic plot would involve Earth’s overpopulation and overly polluted environment leading a corporation to create an inhabitable area on Mars for settlers from earth to populate. Once thoroughly populated and even further expanding, this colony looks to gain autonomy and be free from the influence of Earth’s government. Riots in the colony by supporters of this movement lead the government of earth to send security forces in to defuse the situation. This has the opposite effect, causing a full blown insurrection.
I have WAY more info on this world and details such as how they made mars inhabitable and what kind of technology exists, all of which can be incorporated into the RP’s plot somewhere down the line.
If anyone is interested in GMing this RP or helping me get started please PM me!!!

EDIT: This RP idea has been sacrificed to the story board, link in my sig! (please do not pm me about this any more.)
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy