The roleplay idea and common sense topic

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

Re: The roleplay idea and common sense topic

#121 Post by TheNewGirl »

I considered the VIP board, but I have noticed a distinct slowness in updates regarding membership-- which is fine, except that I would hate to exclude people like Sekeruta who may not gain membership I time to join. Also, I myself am not a VIP role player, though I'm interested in joining. VIP members are certainly welcome to join, and I would love to reach out to them specifically while leaving the game open to interested non-VIP members. :)
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#122 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

Thanks, I'll definitely try to make an interesting character if this becomes a thing.
Also, I find it funny that you have 666 posts.
ImageImage

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#123 Post by TheNewGirl »

I'm glad that there is so much interest!

I have been wreaking my brain all day trying to come up with a setting for this, but I'm having trouble. If anyone has any idea of what kind of character they would like to create or have created, pm me please? Right now i'm looking at:

What is the tech level?
What character classes are people most interested in- captured and brainwashed assassins? Exiled and forgotten kings? Normal people unknowingly altered into supersoldiers and setting trigger at any moment? The boy next door with a dark secret? Or maybe all of these, each caught in a separate strand of a massive web of deceit? Give me your ideas! It will be easier for me to craft a story once I get a feel for everyone's ideas/desires.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#124 Post by y7h65 »

I'd rather something modern day then any other time period. I wouldn't be able to keep interest otherwise. As for the why, I think it'd be more interesting to only have the GM know the true reasons but I think brainwashing so the character would do something sinister would be nice.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#125 Post by Lief »

Modern day or slightly-futuristic would be good.

As for the character... Thing, I'm not too sure. I'd be good with just about anything, really.

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#126 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

Deus Ex Human Revolution-ish stuff would be pretty cool.
ImageImage

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#127 Post by TheNewGirl »

Okay, after reading responses, you all seem almost unanimously interested in a modern day (or near-future) setting without much high-tech pomp and frill. I'm thinking dystopian society, sort of a grimdark feel, adventure/intrigue/horror (more adventure/intrigue than horror though) type thing. This thing is now in the works :)

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#128 Post by TheNewGirl »

Many apologies for the double post. I wanted everyone to know that I am (and have been) working on my role play, and here's a progress report.
Many people wanted a modern-day/near future feel, and so the time setting is in the not-too-distant future. I got a surprising number of requests for a theme similar to that of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I melded that with some Repo! The Genetic Opera, and just a tiny bit of Warhammer 40k. The result is a world in which war devastated the human population, leaving millions mangled- missing limbs, scarred organs, barely alive. Out of the chaos rose two companies, one in the business of Prosthetic limbs, one in the business of manufactured organs. Their virtual monopoly on human health goes uncontested despite the multitudes of smaller competing companies- however, a mysterious and unknown person is discreetly buying the smaller companies, uniting them under the umbrella company, Humanity, Inc. Warfare is conducted through these companies now- hired thugs steal prosthetics and organs, making most muggings fatal. Hackers work in the background, an invisible threat, and black market sellers are always on the lookout for those foolish enough to venture into the alleyways alone- new merch is important to keep the business running. Even if you manage to escape these dangers, be sure you make your payments on time for that shiny new leg or lungs, for if you fail to pay, the debt collectors will come for you...

So, yeah. I'm in the process of making this all fleshed-out and wonderfully prose-y, which is why it is not an OOC thread yet. There will be many options for character backgrounds and alliances, let me tell you. I'm looking forward to completing this background work and letting you all loose to create.
***EDIT***

THE OOC THREAD IS NOW UP AND RUNNING.
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16588

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#129 Post by Raphael »

Okay, I know it's only been up for less than a day, but I figured I'd leave a notification about it here for anybody who reads this more often than the posts further down the list. If anyone is a Kingdom Hearts fan, and wants to try them out, I have an idea thread that has, so far, had close to 20 views (not including my own), but no responses to say whether either of my ideas were good or bad.