Chatroom for Roleplaying with the twokinds Forumers.

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Id
Id

Chatroom for Roleplaying with the twokinds Forumers.

#1 Post by Id »

Its easy to see that people want to Rp but there are better places to being an RP, such as a chatroom, most are on an IRC or internet relay chat. Although there are advantages to RPing in a fourm, its easyer to do so in the IRC. Please check it out
Tiger:Our chatroom is located at http://syloq.lomag.net/chat.php?channel ... nnect=true On that page; Username: What ever you want it to be. Password: Not needed unless your name is registered. Channel: #twokindsRP (Yes, with the #.) It is an iRC channel, so if you have a program that supports iRC, we are on the NightStar Server (irc.nightstar.net) with room #twokinds. Recommended iRC programs are: http://www.mIRC.com and http://www.trillian.cc
Also, if you want to RP in real time, witch is acutly more fun than in the fourms go to the channel #TwokindsRp, if you have some trouble with mIRC or Trillian don't be afrade to contact me, I'm sure some other people will be willing to help

--

End note, Chrono, delete this if you don't want it here, there is a copy of this post in both the meida board and the game board.[/quote]
Sanity is only what you make of it

Second in command of the Red Army of Twokinds.

Blaze MoonShadow
Traveler
Location: In my mind, I'm just a figment of my own imagination.

#2 Post by Blaze MoonShadow »

I personally take offense to you calling chat based RPs real RPs, what does that make the forum based ones that I, and my friends are greatly enjoying? It seems as though you are saying the forum based RPs aren't real, and I am offended, I'm sure you didn't mean to make it sound that way, but by your wording, it sounds as such.
~Never look down on others, unless your helping them up.~

Azure_Wolf
Traveler

#3 Post by Azure_Wolf »

Id, screw deleting this. This is a post of announcement status. Very wonderful to know.

Thank you ^_^.

All I can say is tell me via private message when it will be used. I may not be an op there, but I'd like to see what happens in it. Granted people use it (I'm hoping they do.)

Secondly Blaze: In my experience chat-based are a little more enjoyable. It's just easier to get a forum based RP going. Chat is used for most RPs that require a die and such. But I don't think Id meant any harsh words by that.
Head of Public Relations for the Red Army of Twokinds (resistence is futile)

Lay-lanie
Traveler

#4 Post by Lay-lanie »

-hugs blaze- don't worry blaze, Id doesn't understand what WE do!!!!111!!!1 one day forum RPs WILL be accepted! one day!
-stares profoundly into the the seting sun-

(sorry, i'm a drama queen...)
The closer you get to the light, the bigger the shadow...

Id
Id

#5 Post by Id »

Actuly there is an Op for #TwokindsRp, my self and Tom.

secondly, although no offence was ment, an RP is techanly defined as a role play happing in real time, such as DND or ShadowRun, although the RPs in the forums are a form of RP they are not constittered real RPs beacuse there there can be anywhere from a min to an month between the posts and the actions happen one after another...or lag time as I call it.

Well just check it out, and chrono, since your the head of the RPs just come to the room control them...put people, if there is an RP in progress than please don't start a new one unless the others accept, there are rules of edicut for RPs that I will inforce, its not mass rule its first come first serve.

Thank you.

--
Also if you just want to watch go ahead and watch there are no rules that say that you have to RP in the #TwokindsRp room

Dramon_Arizel
Traveler

#6 Post by Dramon_Arizel »

the biggest reason why i rp on forums is because if you forgot what happened you can always look back instead of asking what was going on. and plus i cant go to java based chat rooms :P
WOLF'S RAIN ROX!

Id
Id

#7 Post by Id »

you can just scroll up, in the chatroom, and besides, if you want to join an RP just jump in when you see a good place for a char that you want to be, such as if you wanted to be a gaurd type person, you wounltn't barge in to the house but if they were leaving or walking around than you can stop them and start talking, of course you can't be an NPC, that will be taken care of by myself or Chrono. As for the java problem just DL an IRC program, its easy enough and you can aslo go on to other severs there are some channels that you just go in to tell them what program you want and if they have it they'll send it to you, yes mIRC and Trillian do have file sharing capabilites. Just try the rooms. if nothing else you will probly make some friends in #Twokinds...or just complane to Tom about how horrable the comic is/praise it...but no one ever does...*he coughs* stupid lazy Thom...

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#8 Post by Sage »

Still the best RP games are when you're in a nice place with a bunch of friends with a big table -- lots of sodas... Thats the best ^^

SBMaster86

#9 Post by SBMaster86 »

I hear that, Sage! :p

I have a question though...

Will there be PVP? And how would we keep track of character statistics?

Azure_Wolf
Traveler

#10 Post by Azure_Wolf »

I agree with Sage. Being with actaul people doing this is the greatest. A chatroom is the closest to that. A forum RP is good, but still isn't as good as the origionals.

I think I'll lock this though, it was more of an announcement than anything else.
Head of Public Relations for the Red Army of Twokinds (resistence is futile)