first time peeking into a roleplay subforum

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

ActiveRadarIsCasul
New Citizen

first time peeking into a roleplay subforum

#1 Post by ActiveRadarIsCasul »

Well it isn't the most warming sight, what with the thousand or so topics that are in here and the most active one having 72 pages of replies, where would one look to get their feet wet? Or should I go to Nepal and study the art of forum roleplay for 7 years and hone my non-existent craft?

EDIT: Glancing at just the outline of the active RP atm doesn't exactly give a confidence boost either, now does it?
I'd really appreciate it if all you dagger and short-sword users could just not turn the battlefield into a pokefest whenever someone shows up with an ultra-greatsword i.e. me

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: first time peeking into a roleplay subforum

#2 Post by The Rookie »

Welcome

Firstly, it's only a 6 year course in Nepal these day. They really cracked down and removed the nonesentials.

Secondly, the amount of active games here is depressingly small, and the majority short lived... :potatoes:

However, if you're commited enough, you can get something rolling here that may go on for months, if not years. So don't give up just yet.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: first time peeking into a roleplay subforum

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Forum Roleplaying is a dead art.
Today digital communication platforms (facebook, twitter, et.al) focus on instantaneous messaging leaving forum roleplaying as a last decade artifact.

Also there are around 30-40 active users in the forum. It is hard to get a critical mass for forum roleplaying.

In any case these days you do not need to go to Nepal. They created a MOOC for that!

Sources.
Played D&D on a forum years ago.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide