RP Question

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Keith/Natani

RP Question

#1 Post by Keith/Natani »

Is anyone open to giving me tips on RP? It looks like fun but I have no idea how to start a thread like that. :keith: :natani:

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

Re: RP Question

#2 Post by Nikolai-097 »

First you'll want to have this in the OOC (out of character) sub-board. Second right now there only are two active RPs going on, so you'll want to look at their OOC threads to see if they are accepting new players. If you're looking to start your own RP, start a thread in the OOC section with a description of your games setting, character creation rules and information, basically tell us anything we need to know to be a participant in your world.

As for actually doing the role playing, obviously the first set is not godmodding: i.e. not making other peoples character do stuff, winning at every player vs player interaction, etc. You can do stuff, but let the other person decide how your actions affect them. The next thing is your writing. Good grammar and spelling is a must, good formatting is also important especially if you're posting a long response. Don't post exceptionally short responses if you can help it. If you're doing a one liner of dialogue, give us something details about the scene or your characters delivery. I would refrain from going in the opposite direction as well, having to read a novel to see what's going on can get tedious especially if all the extra fluff isn't relavant to what's going on.

Have fun with it though, and don't be afraid to ask questions or make mistakes. Everybody starts somewhere and its a learning process.
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry

Keith/Natani

Re: RP Question

#3 Post by Keith/Natani »

Thanks for the tips! :keith: :natani: