Twokinds Industrial Interest Check/Sign-up

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Twokinds Industrial Interest Check/Sign-up

#61 Post by Ketzal »

Lief wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:25 pm How odd. Normally the humans are the minority around here.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed that I'm the only one to write up a physical description. Even if it wasn't much. Butterscotch doesn't count, having a picture and all. But still.
I forgot I took out the ref part. Not sure how really to describe my character, but I'll try adding one in anyway

Butterscotch
Master

#62 Post by Butterscotch »

Hello, welcome! Take a seat and prepare your belts because it's going to be quite the ride! Im Dr. Butterscotch, Masters Degree in made up History, and hears the current situation in our made up lore!

As some of you may know, Twokinds takes place in the year 482. So, our story takes place 1345 years after the events of twokinds! Welcome to the year of 1827! Much has happened to Mekkan since then!

We have a bunch of jolly old alliances and nationalities, so, one by one i will go through their current situation.

The Basitin Alliance
After sailing to Vipen Shipyard to finally extend their reach to the mainland, the Basitins quickly took a liking to the fox trbes, whom desperately requested for Basitin aid against the wolf tribes who were mercilessly taking fox land at an alarming rate. The Basitins agreed and very easily beat back the wolf tribes all the way up to East Spruce and West Spruce! However, The Templar Order saw this as an opportunity for a land grab and beat the Basitins back, these Mainland Basitins were ill-equipped to take on a much more well equipped and train army and retreated back, yet to this day, they still hold Foxhunt and Tylerwynn. Now, 30 years have passed since then (1798), Basitins and Foxes have formed the Basitin Alliance and mutually share their niché spot on the mainland. However, with guns on the rise, Basitins face a conundrum. Do they take these new weapons to even their odds on the battlefield? Or do they disregard these weapons as Dishonourable contraptions, manufactured by evil itself! The Alliance is REALLY tearing itself apart!

The Basitin Alliance and The Dragon Empire are allies on paper, but this Alliance has become somewhat strained in recent years. Especially since the Basitin's growing friendship with the White Republic. Relations are not well between The Templar Order and The Emerald Confederacy, whilst public opinion on the Felines remains Neutral

The Emerald Confederacy
Oh, The Emerald Confederacy, such a fall from glory. 30 Years ago, King Rayke led them on a crusade south to take over the Fox lands and enslave all fox-kind. Such a strong Brave King was cut down in his prime by an unexpected foe, the Basitins were fighting for the Foxes. Now, King Rayke Jr. rules the land as a Tyrant, tight-fisted fool. Taxes are high and food is scarce, the poor Confederacy doesn't even have the money to buy railroads or muskets! This Alliance now owns the area from the Dolkiva lakes to Mawr island. Some of the older wolves still believe they can take back their land from the Templar and Basitin Plague!

Lets face it, since Rayke Jr., The Confederacy hasn't really been too nice to anyone. Quite the opposite.

The Dragon Empire
The Dragon Empire. It used to be the Human Empire but that doesn't quite sound so flashy. After driving the templar out of Morlin Hall in a bloody civil war, The Dragon Empire was content enough to let the Templars own from Knockford to the west....and not an inch more. Fast forward 800 years and boom! What have you? Another civil war! This time fought between the White Republic and The Dragon Empire, the White Republic felt the need to withdraw from the Empire due to outdated ideas and the desire for more reliable government. After this war (Which saw the introduction of cannons, wow!), the Dragon Empire was left with Whitefield and the Southern of the Twin Lakes. Slavery is still legal and the main religion is still Dragon Worship but a clumsy aristocracy has left wages low and workers angry. Angry enough for another civil war, hmm? Food for thought.

Relations with the Templar Order have calmed a bit and both nations have begun to make amends. Due to the somewhat recent secession, public opinion on the White Republic is Neutral. The Confederacy is rather rude. The Dragon Empire has a strained Alliance with the Basitins and a happy Alliance with the Felines

The White Republic
The White Republic decided to secede from the Dragon Empires frankly outdated ideas and traded in for a government closer to home (Based in Ditteridge). The Humans of The White Republic and the Snow Wolves of the north had gotten rather friendly in the past, and nowadays it is nigh-impossible to find someone who isnt a Keidran/Human mix. The White Republic do face the issue of farming though, being much more north than our other nations, they often struggle with farming and find themselves dipping into their treasury to trade for food. This has left budget cuts low in some areas like Highway Patrols and Rail Marshalls.

Against the Confederacy and Templars, Neutral on the Empire and Felines. Basitin relations have been improving recently.

The Felines
Nobody really has much to say about the Felines, and thats because nobody really knows what the Felines get up to. "But Dr. Butterscotch! That's just lazy writing!" I hear you cry. Well, how about you read on before you open your big mouth. The Felines are separated from the rest of the world by sea and a nearly impassable mountain range. All we know about the Felines is that some 400 years ago, they signed a peace treaty with the Dragon Empire and there seems to be a lot of Men's rights rallies going on in that part of Mekkan.

Allied with the Dragon Empire, Templars haven't been very well mannered at the Dinner table as has been the Confederacy. Neutral with all other alliances.

The Templar Order
"Oooo, the Big Bad, Bad guys of our story! I cant wait to hear how EVIL they are!" Well, worry not young one, for i have lots of evil in store! The Templar Order, after a rather nasty divorce with the Dragon Empire, fled West and took their half of the alimony, which is from Knockford to New Wreathwood. But the Evil Templars did grin a greedy grin, and when they saw the wolf lands being taken over so effortlessly, decided it was time to rise up and take their piece of the pie! Claiming Eastspruce and Westspruce for themselves! The Templars are well equipped with magic and muskets, Mind-wiping shackles are mandatory for all slaves and the people living in Templar Lands live in fear of Execution. Those whom own some land within their borders are forced to cough up some money or be replaced! Not a fun place to live in, not one bit.

"If your Nation has Keidran or Basitin in it, we don't like you!" is the unofficial Templar motto. The Templars have been making moves to improve relations with the Dragon Empire.

Spoiler!
Class Dismissed!

Please feel free to question or doubt me!
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#63 Post by zackepic22 »

Have anymore towns or cities popped up since then?

Also, among which of the villages and places from the 479 era are there now industrial era-sized cities in their place?

Butterscotch
Master

#64 Post by Butterscotch »

zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm Have anymore towns or cities popped up since then?

Also, among which of the villages and places from the 479 era are there now industrial era-sized cities in their place?
Yes, most major cities like Ditteridge are more industrialised.

If you look on your map you should see 4 new cities. Eastspruce, Westspruce, Blackwell and New Wreathwood. There's also the rebel hideout at the Timber Ruins. And the new Basitin Camp in the Fox territory.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#65 Post by SirJahar »

And thats just what we bothered to put on the map. Small hamlets and villages just would have cluttered it beyond use.

NotThatJon
Traveler

#66 Post by NotThatJon »

Is it too late to join in? My evening is empty, so I have some time to create a character.
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

Butterscotch
Master

#67 Post by Butterscotch »

NotThatJon wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 pm Is it too late to join in? My evening is empty, so I have some time to create a character.
Daedline is tomorrow! You still have time! Please dont join if you cant post at least once a day!
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Butterscotch
Master

#68 Post by Butterscotch »

ThunderVolt wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 pm
Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm
NotThatJon wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 pm Is it too late to join in? My evening is empty, so I have some time to create a character.
Daedline is tomorrow! You still have time! Please dont join if you cant post at least once a day!
That might be a problem. I can try to make some time for a daily post, but I can't guarantee a daily post. But 99% of the time, it'll happen. :)
Thats fine, we dont expect everyone to reply once a day every day, just some degree of reliability
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

NotThatJon
Traveler

#69 Post by NotThatJon »

Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm Please don't join if you cant post at least once a day!
That shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, here's what I came up with. If something is amiss, please let me know! I've never done this before.
Spoiler!
TK Industrial

Character:
- Name: Zachary Piscator
- Race: Fox Keidran
- Strengths: Knowledge of watercraft and navigation, excellent fishing skills, doesn’t tire easily
- Weaknesses: Little to no combat experience, little to no magical experience
- Personality: Reserved when interacting with strangers, but friendly among acquaintances. Very stubborn, but willing to entertain differing opinions and ideas.
- Languages: Keidran, Basitin

Physical:
- Height: 5’4’’
- Hair/Fur: Mostly orange, with tinges of black and white. Hair is short and black.
- Eyes: Blue
- Skin: -
- Clothing: A white short-sleeve shirt, durable brown pants, fishing boots, fishing gloves

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: an old broadsword (found washed up on shore), a trusty fishing rod, some fishing nets
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Unreliable, used only out of desperation (and probably won’t work).
- Weakness: Due to his small stature, opponents with long reach in melee range are difficult to attack. Also has no ranged weapons (unless casting his fishing line counts…)

Story:
- Lore:
As soon as Zachary could walk on his own two feet, he was hanging around the Vipen shipyard. He was fascinated by the shimmering glint of the waters, inspired by the diligent efforts of the shipyard workers, and intrigued by the interesting techniques employed by the fishermen. He often kept to himself, but he did have one good friend, a Basitin, named Eric, whom he often chatted with at the docks. His father often took him out on the waters, showing him how to operate all sorts of watercraft. They often enjoyed fishing together, and spent many nights under the stars.

Once, on one such trip, a terrible storm appeared unexpectedly, and powerful waves began to rock their boat. One especially strong wave violently struck the side of the ship, throwing Zachary overboard. Zachary quickly attempted to swim back to the boat, but the waves repeatedly slammed into him. He was unable to stay above water, and he soon began to drown. Thanks to some quick thinking by his father, Zachary was spared from a watery grave. However, for the next few months, he couldn’t bear to leave land.

Soon, he realized that his father’s life was nearing its end. He was an old Keidran, and only had maybe a few months left in him. Aware of how much his father enjoyed spending time with him at sea, and with some encouragement from Eric, he decided to get over his fears and go back out on the water for his father’s sake. He and his father spent the next few months in happiness. Soon enough, his father passed. Zachary mourned, while Eric provided him with support. This didn’t last long, as one day, with no warning, Eric had vanished. Zachary asked anyone he could find if they knew what had happened to him, but no one seemed to know. Zachary, no longer having anything tying him to the shipyards, decided to go on a personal journey. Despite knowing nothing of Eric’s fate, he hoped, however blindly, that they might eventually be reunited.

- Past acquaintances: His father (deceased), a Basitin named Eric (disappeared)
- Nationality: Basitin-Fox Alliance
- Ideology: Put others before yourself, but don't rely on others
- Fears: Drowning, storms, being left alone

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#70 Post by RowanEx »

Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Samantha Sawyer
- Race: Fox-Human Keidran
- Strengths: Marksman, can shoot accurately
- Weaknesses: Untrained. Lack of Strength
- Personality: Timid, Careless with a pinch of a curious mind
- Ref?: [ERR]
- Languages: Basitin, Keidran, Human

Physical:
- Height: 5'7
- Hair/Fur: Red hair, Red/Black fur
- Eyes: Brown
- Skin: Tan
- Clothing: A simplified dress, a loincloth

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: A modified rifle with a prototype scope crafed from broken binoculars
- Magical abilities (if applicable): None
- Weakness: Untrained. No Melee combat weapon. Lack of Strength.

Story:
- Lore: Samantha Sawyer, or more likely known by some of her friends as "Arrowkid" for her sometimes lethal desire to study arrows when she was merely young, was known to be curious. It didn't stop her to learn how to use a gun, but after a rather... interesting magic-related gun accident she stumbled upon, she somehow got scared of... guns. Except for her own personal rifle (her parents were baffled).
- Past acquaintances: Her parents (alive)
- Nationality: White Republic
- Ideology: "Leave no one behind"
- Fears: Rifles (except her own modified rifle), Getting shot. Claustrophobic.
I'm free for two months. After June... I might get sporadic.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#71 Post by SirJahar »

SirJahar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:42 am
The stage is set, so here's the outline. If you want to join up after APRIL 21ST, 2017, you're going to have to wait your turn.
LORE:
Spoiler!
Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm Hello, welcome! Take a seat and prepare your belts because it's going to be quite the ride! Im Dr. Butterscotch, Masters Degree in made up History, and hears the current situation in our made up lore!

As some of you may know, Twokinds takes place in the year 482. So, our story takes place 1345 years after the events of twokinds! Welcome to the year of 1827! Much has happened to Mekkan since then!

We have a bunch of jolly old alliances and nationalities, so, one by one i will go through their current situation.

The Basitin Alliance
After sailing to Vipen Shipyard to finally extend their reach to the mainland, the Basitins quickly took a liking to the fox trbes, whom desperately requested for Basitin aid against the wolf tribes who were mercilessly taking fox land at an alarming rate. The Basitins agreed and very easily beat back the wolf tribes all the way up to East Spruce and West Spruce! However, The Templar Order saw this as an opportunity for a land grab and beat the Basitins back, these Mainland Basitins were ill-equipped to take on a much more well equipped and train army and retreated back, yet to this day, they still hold Foxhunt and Tylerwynn. Now, 30 years have passed since then (1798), Basitins and Foxes have formed the Basitin Alliance and mutually share their niché spot on the mainland. However, with guns on the rise, Basitins face a conundrum. Do they take these new weapons to even their odds on the battlefield? Or do they disregard these weapons as Dishonourable contraptions, manufactured by evil itself! The Alliance is REALLY tearing itself apart!

The Basitin Alliance and The Dragon Empire are allies on paper, but this Alliance has become somewhat strained in recent years. Especially since the Basitin's growing friendship with the White Republic. Relations are not well between The Templar Order and The Emerald Confederacy, whilst public opinion on the Felines remains Neutral

The Emerald Confederacy
Oh, The Emerald Confederacy, such a fall from glory. 30 Years ago, King Rayke led them on a crusade south to take over the Fox lands and enslave all fox-kind. Such a strong Brave King was cut down in his prime by an unexpected foe, the Basitins were fighting for the Foxes. Now, King Rayke Jr. rules the land as a Tyrant, tight-fisted fool. Taxes are high and food is scarce, the poor Confederacy doesn't even have the money to buy railroads or muskets! This Alliance now owns the area from the Dolkiva lakes to Mawr island. Some of the older wolves still believe they can take back their land from the Templar and Basitin Plague!

Lets face it, since Rayke Jr., The Confederacy hasn't really been too nice to anyone. Quite the opposite.

The Dragon Empire
The Dragon Empire. It used to be the Human Empire but that doesn't quite sound so flashy. After driving the templar out of Morlin Hall in a bloody civil war, The Dragon Empire was content enough to let the Templars own from Knockford to the west....and not an inch more. Fast forward 800 years and boom! What have you? Another civil war! This time fought between the White Republic and The Dragon Empire, the White Republic felt the need to withdraw from the Empire due to outdated ideas and the desire for more reliable government. After this war (Which saw the introduction of cannons, wow!), the Dragon Empire was left with Whitefield and the Southern of the Twin Lakes. Slavery is still legal and the main religion is still Dragon Worship but a clumsy aristocracy has left wages low and workers angry. Angry enough for another civil war, hmm? Food for thought.

Relations with the Templar Order have calmed a bit and both nations have begun to make amends. Due to the somewhat recent secession, public opinion on the White Republic is Neutral. The Confederacy is rather rude. The Dragon Empire has a strained Alliance with the Basitins and a happy Alliance with the Felines

The White Republic
The White Republic decided to secede from the Dragon Empires frankly outdated ideas and traded in for a government closer to home (Based in Ditteridge). The Humans of The White Republic and the Snow Wolves of the north had gotten rather friendly in the past, and nowadays it is nigh-impossible to find someone who isnt a Keidran/Human mix. The White Republic do face the issue of farming though, being much more north than our other nations, they often struggle with farming and find themselves dipping into their treasury to trade for food. This has left budget cuts low in some areas like Highway Patrols and Rail Marshalls.

Against the Confederacy and Templars, Neutral on the Empire and Felines. Basitin relations have been improving recently.

The Felines
Nobody really has much to say about the Felines, and thats because nobody really knows what the Felines get up to. "But Dr. Butterscotch! That's just lazy writing!" I hear you cry. Well, how about you read on before you open your big mouth. The Felines are separated from the rest of the world by sea and a nearly impassable mountain range. All we know about the Felines is that some 400 years ago, they signed a peace treaty with the Dragon Empire and there seems to be a lot of Men's rights rallies going on in that part of Mekkan.

Allied with the Dragon Empire, Templars haven't been very well mannered at the Dinner table as has been the Confederacy. Neutral with all other alliances.

The Templar Order
"Oooo, the Big Bad, Bad guys of our story! I cant wait to hear how EVIL they are!" Well, worry not young one, for i have lots of evil in store! The Templar Order, after a rather nasty divorce with the Dragon Empire, fled West and took their half of the alimony, which is from Knockford to New Wreathwood. But the Evil Templars did grin a greedy grin, and when they saw the wolf lands being taken over so effortlessly, decided it was time to rise up and take their piece of the pie! Claiming Eastspruce and Westspruce for themselves! The Templars are well equipped with magic and muskets, Mind-wiping shackles are mandatory for all slaves and the people living in Templar Lands live in fear of Execution. Those whom own some land within their borders are forced to cough up some money or be replaced! Not a fun place to live in, not one bit.

"If your Nation has Keidran or Basitin in it, we don't like you!" is the unofficial Templar motto. The Templars have been making moves to improve relations with the Dragon Empire.

Spoiler!
Class Dismissed!

Please feel free to question or doubt me!
Spoiler!
SirJahar wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 am HISTORY
As time has marched on, war, diplomacy, and natural disasters have shaped the land and its people as much as magic and iron.
The Templars were routed from the Human capital 200 years after the main TK story.
The southern half of Forest wolf territory fell to the templars, now operating out of what was known as the Templar West college 80 years later.
It is around this time that Ditteridge officially becomes part of Snow Wolf Territory. Its people simply wanting to be part of a nation where the government is closer to home and not some distant crown. This led to a war, most of the battles taking place around the Whitefield Ruins. The resulting White Federation was famed for its mixed Magic and Metal tactics.112 years ago, the White Republic was founded in a war of independance that united Whitefield, the Northern Tundra, and Shattered Rock with the White Federation.
The Tiger have ended up the treated allies of the monarchy.
The Eastern Basitins, seeing that magic was a dead end for them, invested vast amounts of time, labor, and treasure into scientific research, and as a result have recently found themselves at a crossroads between holding true to their honor, and uniting the islands under a single banner. 800 years after the story of TK, the Basitins, after maintaining ties with the mainland, Land in Vippen and proceed to take over much of Fox Territory. Recent developments have pushed the discontents to outright revolt, the uprising still in its early and unorganized days.
Back in human lands, the royal line has found a new branch to follow.
In recent years, about 40 years before the beginning of our tale, the Templars have begun another move to expand, and re-assert their very brutal regime. 15 years ago, a new Master Spy came to power and has been putting plans in place to make that happen.
Now: The Templars have been meddling in affairs the continent over. While in some places they have had much more difficulty gaining a foothold due to ideological differences, such as the White Republic, they have still sunk their tendrils in. Keep your eyes open, because any event could have a sinister element behind it, or be genuine.

TECH AND MAGIC!
Due to a document acquired by Ketzal, I am actually going with Tech and magic synergize so well that you will see very few examples of one advancing without the other. In Twokinds, a mage or enchanter's skill is in no small part determined by their understanding of the science they are working with.

The airship: Still around, a luxury form of travel at this point, oft propelled by magic creating wind.
The steam engine: usually enhanced by magic to make it better contain its heat in the pipes to move the steam to the turbine, these are usually fueled by coal, but in some areas are run on wood, or even mage fire. These began appearing around 100 years ago.
There are also versions where the pipes themselves actually produce the heat to generate steam, removing the need for a firebox at all. These are obviously very expensive.
The Railroad: Airships were fine and dandy to move small amounts of people about, but to really move people and goods, you need the massive tonnage of rail. Appearing on the scene in small miles soon after the steam engine, there are now several large rail lines covering vast sections of the continent.
The Gun: Gunpowder was originally an accident, not what it's creators wanted to develop at all. But a light powder that could release a large amount of energy quickly was worth noting down. the first guns were fielded to take advantage of how cheap and easy it was to make, and to make it more possible to devastate a city without mages. Cannons found themselves miniaturized much as they did in our world, but magic made sparking the pan easier, though nobody ever thought to make it keep the blast from going out the hole. Advancing chemical knowledge lead to smokeless powder, and physics lead to the rifled bore, until the stage was set for the bolt action rifle to appear. This is now in large service. The single action revolver has even come on stage in the last 5 years or so.
The Mana-Kinetic Device: Coming from a paper published not long after the story of Twokinds, it suggested a way to turn mana into mechanical motion. While the idea was novel, actually doing so in a practical way was simply unfeasible at the time, nobody even thought to construct a prototype it was so inefficient.
However, it remained an idea that floated around the Arcane community, the great challenge that couldn't be cracked. It wasn't until the advent of the steam engine that any progress was made, but it is rapidly catching up in terms of cost for fuel in -> to energy out.

NATIONS!
The Emerald Confederacy: what's left of the Forest Wolves united under a iron-fisted and very backward, paranoid king.
The Felines: The feline clans organized under a common flag, under a strict matriarchal military government.
The White Republic: The northern lands brought together, they are a mix of humans, snow wolves, and hybrids. It's said every wolf has a little human in them up their, and every human a little canine blood in their line. Slavery is outlawed.
The Basitin Empire: Basins and foxes
The Dragon Empire: It's actually the human monarchy. Slavery is still legal, but the empire is on the verge of splintering further over the issue.
The Templar Order and Vastle Fifedoms: The various lands the Templar control by offering "Protection". A land controlled mostly by fear and cruelty, slavery is still seen as the norm.
CHARACTERS:
Butterscotch wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 pm
Spoiler!

TK Industrial

Character:
• Name: Crowley Munn
• Race:Basitin
• Strengths: Spear Proficiency, Basitin Hearing, Basitin Immunity
• Weaknesses: Short Sighted
• Personality: Honourable, Often lost in thought, Quiet.
• Ref?: Image

Physical:
• Height: 5'6
• Hair/Fur: Brown
• Eyes: Green
• Skin:
• Clothing: Personally made Leather/Gold/Fur Armour

Offensive:
• Weapons/tools: Personally made spear
• Magical abilities (if applicable):
• Weakness: Armour offers little protection to gunshots

Story:
• Lore: Born on the mainland in [Waiting for Map of World]. Crowley's parents trained him in the old Basitin ways since the age of 5. During these practices, Crowley's Lower lip annd chin has been scarred and his eyesight has been damaged. At the age of 10, Crowley, while travelling a desert with his parents, stumbled into a quicksand pit, nearly killing him, this left him with a fear of Deserts and Sand.Once Crowley stopped growing taller (at the age of twelve) He was given his custom armour by his parents. At the age of 16, having shown to excel in combat with a spear, his parents passed down their spear unto him. Now at the age of 18, Crowley wanders the mainland as a 'hands-for-hire'.
• Past acquaintances: Parents (Mathias Munn and Charmeine Munn)
• Nationality: Mainland Basitin
• Ideology: Anti-Gun, Believes in Honourable Combat
• Fears: Deserts, Sand
zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 pm
Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Councilor Edmil Frostpaw
- Race: Human/Snow Wolf Keidran Hybrid
- Strengths: Political Training, Skilled Swordsman, Enhanced Scent, Hearing and Reflexes(From Keidran side)
- Weaknesses: A Temper that tends to flare up due to political moronicness, and a lack of subtlety when frustrated
- Personality: Fair, Mostly Honest, Devoted to his people and culture, brash
- Age: ~23(Middle-aged from combined Human and Keidran blood, yet, he actually seems to age pretty well so far)
- Languages: Human, Keidran
- Ref?:

Physical:
- Height: 5'11"
- Hair/Fur: Black(Including a heavy beard and moustache)/White
- Skin: Slightly Pale Caucasian
- Clothing: Fur coat, pants, an armored vestment on his torso, as well as bandages around his feet.
- Keidran parts: Ears, Forearms, Forelegs, and tail

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: Longsword
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Has a slight aptitude for mana crystal use, mostly using that kind of magic for small elemental attacks in combat
- Weaknesses: He has a slight limp in his left paw, and, his hearing's no longer as good in his left ear.

Story:
- Lore: The Frostpaws are quite possibly one of the oldest mixed Human/Keidran families in the history of the White Federation/Republic, believed to be descended from old Snow Wolf nobility, though, in this modern age, no one is entirely sure of the truth. However, they are one of the more powerful families in the Republic. Edmil was the second son of the late Lord and Lady Frostpaw, both hybrids themselves. Despite not being the heir, he was given important responsibility. He was trained by his uncle Kendro in matters of politics, by family friend, local human captain of the guard, Captain Erin Hasway, in matters of Swordsmanship and physical combat, and finally, by his father himself, in the art of using magic and mana crystals. He currently serves a councilor to the Republic, and does his best to keep those who would damage the Republic's integrity and equality in check.
- Past acquaintances: Marsan(Older Brother), Palia(Younger Sister)
- Ideology: Equality, Fairness, and Morality. No one must rule with an Iron Fist.
- Fears: Templar Supremacy, Human Supremacy, Complete or Major loss of Morality, both political and otherwise.
Lief wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:29 pm
Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Kiersten "Keers" Holmwood
- Race: Basitin
- Strengths: Typical benefits from being a Basitin. Good shot. Skilled fighter. Quiet. Undaunted.
- Weaknesses: Mute. Headstrong. Copper allergy. Undaunted.
- Personality: Cheerful (And that's about where I give up with personality this day.)
- Language: Bits and pieces of everything. Fluent in Basitin, doesn't have much trouble with Human, and knows several dialects of Keidran, primarily those used in the White Republic.
- Appearance: About average height for a female basitin. A bit on the thin side, but with well-defined muscles and a bust size befitting her frame. Hair isn't styled, cut somewhere between a pixie cut and bob, leaning closer to the bob. Typically a vague mess, but never tangled or knotted.

Physical:
- Height: 5'4/1.62M
- Hair/Fur: Tan fur, silver hair.
- Eyes: Blue-Grey
- Skin: N/A.
- Clothing: A white short-sleeve shirt. Faded brown Jack-of-plate. Grey trousers, likely once black. Faded brown leather knee and shin protectors. Incredibly well-worn brown leather boots, steel-capped. Leather gloves. Lacquered steel vambrace on left arm. Undergarments. Grey cloak with hood, may have been black once.

Offensive:
- Weapons/Tools: A simple but well-made longsword. A plain hunting knife. A straight-pull bolt-action carbine.
- Magical Abilities: Personally, none. On account of being a Basitin. Vambrace is enchanted, however, and can project a magical shield. Can cover roughly 3/4 of Keers herself, depending on positioning of her arm. Only indication it's in use is a slight wavering in the air. Powered by mana crystals hidden in the straps. People are unaffected and pass right through. Otherwise it can turn away blades and bullets alike, although it eats through crystals at an alarming pace in doing so.
- Weakness: Limited protection. Small stature, large rifle (It's 39" in total length, which is over half her height.)

Story:
- Lore: Keers has a genetic defect of some sort. Whatever it is, it caused her hair to whiten at fifteen, and has given her an allergy to copper. It may have affected her mind, too, as she was always rebellious during her youth. She left the isles and the empire at 16 of her own accord, though rumors of her impending exile had already started spreading by that time. She later discovered that they had followed through on her exile, despite the fact she had failed to show up for the hearing (having not been aware of it in the first place). She found this humorous. Keers has been wandering, doing odd jobs and mercenary work for nearly a decade now. She wasn't born mute, but some event during her life has made her this way.
- Acquaintances: Parents (Presumed dead, but otherwise has no way to contact them), several mercenaries, innkeepers everywhere.
- Nationality: Kingdom of Keers (AKA none)
- Ideology: Against strict rules. Otherwise, goes with the flow.
- Fears: The ground. (Falling, from great height, into said ground. The heights themselves don't bother her.) Snakes.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 am
Spoiler!
TK Industrial

Character:
- Name: Rikter Akan
- Race: Male Human/Adrakist
- Strengths: Strength, fire
- Weaknesses: Still geting used to powers, baths (Having fire you can't fully control makes sitting in water like sitting in a cooking pot.)
- Personality: not as hot headed as what people assume Adrakists to be. Maybe a little too trusting of others. Big ego.
- Languages: Human, Keidran, Basitin
- Ref?: Kind of like Sarah but male, and without the stripes of gold hair.

Physical:
- Height: 6'01"
- Hair/Fur: Crimson
- Eyes: Gold
- Skin: Caucasian/patches of crimson scales
- Clothing: Adrakist robes
- Extra: Tail, paws, horns, all crimson

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: Normal bolt action rifle for range. Claws/fire for short range combat.
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Fire. Lots of Fire.
- Weakness: Scales were made for blades, not guns. Only wearing robes, he has little to no protection against bullets.

Story:
- Lore: Being raised in a small farming community, he never had too much contact with the outside world. There was a small gathering of dragon warshipers in town, about 3 or 4 people; most in the village just focused on working and ignored them, but not Rikter. At the young age of 10 he was intreagued by them , and joined them, learning a lot about the powerful creatures dragons are and became obsessed. 3 years after his joining of the dragon worshipers, he found stories of some who have turned into dragons, or at least partially, and like dragons, he became obsessed with that idea. For five years he traveled the country in search for more on the topic and learning the other languages to show his superiority. At the end of those five years, he began his transformation.

Now, at the age of 20, he travels the continent as a mercinary. Still not used to his powers, he carries a bolt action rifle for long ranged attacks, but his claws are just fine for short range. He dislikes the idea of slavery, which is why he denounces the Empire.
- Past acquaintances:
- Nationality: Born/raised in small farming town in the Dragon Empire. Does not like their policy on slavery, so denounced them.
- Ideology: Dragons are the greatest of all species.
- Fears: Spiders (very affraid). loosing powers. death.
Ketzal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 am
Spoiler!
Name: Baelorn Yovahn
Race: Human
Strengths: Modest musical talent, modest marksmanship, and a not-so-modest silver tongue
Weaknesses: His temper, along with an unhealthy appreciation of all things ale
Personality: Clever and quick-witted, but not so wise as to know when to shut up. He has a way with words that has gotten him both out of sticky situations and into just as many of them. A lifetime of wandering has made him quick to judge others, and trust is not something he gives often outside of his troupe.
Languages: Human, some basic Basitin

Physical
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: Has a lean build, his features mostly plain besides a piercing gaze he can give while angry. He has a scar on his right hand from a training accident in the army, and his hair is a mess of curls.
Hair/Fur: Brown, medium length. A goatee hangs off his chin.
Eyes: Light Blue
Skin: Light
Clothing: A standard tunic and trousers, with a petticoat in his bag on the rare formal occasion that may arise. Has a cloak for when the weather turns sour.

Offensive
Weapons/tools: A couple of daggers, one at his waist and the other in his boot. Carries a pair of flintlock pistols, as well as a beloved violin, an heirloom from his family.
Magical abilities (if applicable): None. He learned some fundamental spells such as lighting a candle and starting campfires, but he has no real magical ability to speak of.
Weakness: His time in the military has drilled several basic aspects of combat into him, but Baelorn is not a fighter at heart. Against anyone with more than a private's worth of training, he won't last long in a fair fight.

Story
Lore:

Baelorn grew up a son to a Templar knight and a traveling merchant. Though loving, his mother often had to travel with her trading company, leaving him to be watched over mostly by his stern father. At the behest of both him and the state, an 18-year-old Baelorn found himself conscripted into the Templar army, a harsh training that tempered his mind and body in the Order’s ways.

Nothing could harden him enough for the news he received one fateful night, however. His mother had been killed, her caravan the victim of what might have been a roadside robbery turned violent in Basitin lands. A personal mourning and a cold, indifferent conversation with his father later and he deserted, fleeing his home with nothing but his clothes and his mother’s violin.

Nowadays he wanders with a traveling theatre troupe, aimless and indifferent to most. He doesn’t know if he’ll ever return to face his father or the painful memories, but he doesn’t plan on it anytime soon.

Past acquaintances: Father (Torvald), some men from the company of Templar soldiers he was in, as well as his traveling theater mates.
Nationality: The Templar Order
Ideology: “Live for the path ahead and never look back”
Fears: his father, the Order coming after him for desertion. Losing his mother’s violin.
NotThatJon wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:28 am
Spoiler!
TK Industrial

Character:
- Name: Zachary Piscator
- Race: Fox Keidran
- Strengths: Knowledge of watercraft and navigation, excellent fishing skills, doesn’t tire easily
- Weaknesses: Little to no combat experience, little to no magical experience
- Personality: Reserved when interacting with strangers, but friendly among acquaintances. Very stubborn, but willing to entertain differing opinions and ideas.
- Languages: Keidran, Basitin

Physical:
- Height: 5’4’’
- Hair/Fur: Mostly orange, with tinges of black and white. Hair is short and black.
- Skin: -
- Clothing: A white short-sleeve shirt, durable brown pants, fishing boots, fishing gloves

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: an old broadsword (found washed up on shore), a trusty fishing rod, some fishing nets
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Unreliable, used only out of desperation (and probably won’t work).
- Weakness: Due to his small stature, opponents with long reach in melee range are difficult to attack. Also has no ranged weapons (unless casting his fishing line counts…)

Story:
- Lore:
As soon as Zachary could walk on his own two feet, he was hanging around the Vipen shipyard. He was fascinated by the shimmering glint of the waters, inspired by the diligent efforts of the shipyard workers, and intrigued by the interesting techniques employed by the fishermen. He often kept to himself, but he did have one good friend, a Basitin, named Eric, whom he often chatted with at the docks. His father often took him out on the waters, showing him how to operate all sorts of watercraft. They often enjoyed fishing together, and spent many nights under the stars.

Once, on one such trip, a terrible storm appeared unexpectedly, and powerful waves began to rock their boat. One especially strong wave violently struck the side of the ship, throwing Zachary overboard. Zachary quickly attempted to swim back to the boat, but the waves repeatedly slammed into him. He was unable to stay above water, and he soon began to drown. Thanks to some quick thinking by his father, Zachary was spared from a watery grave. However, for the next few months, he couldn’t bear to leave land.

Soon, he realized that his father’s life was nearing its end. He was an old Keidran, and only had maybe a few months left in him. Aware of how much his father enjoyed spending time with him at sea, and with some encouragement from Eric, he decided to get over his fears and go back out on the water for his father’s sake. He and his father spent the next few months in happiness. Soon enough, his father passed. Zachary mourned, while Eric provided him with support. This didn’t last long, as one day, with no warning, Eric had vanished. Zachary asked anyone he could find if they knew what had happened to him, but no one seemed to know. Zachary, no longer having anything tying him to the shipyards, decided to go on a personal journey. Despite knowing nothing of Eric’s fate, he hoped, however blindly, that they might eventually be reunited.

- Past acquaintances: His father (deceased), a Basitin named Eric (disappeared)
- Nationality: Basitin-Fox Alliance
- Ideology: Put others before yourself, but don't rely on others
- Fears: Drowning, storms, being left alone
RowanEx wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am
Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Samantha Sawyer
- Race: Fox-Human Keidran
- Strengths: Marksman, can shoot accurately
- Weaknesses: Untrained. Lack of Strength
- Personality: Timid, Careless with a pinch of a curious mind
- Ref?: [ERR]
- Languages: Basitin, Keidran, Human

Physical:
- Height: 5'7
- Hair/Fur: Red hair, Red/Black fur
- Skin: Tan
- Clothing: A simplified dress, a loincloth

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: A modified rifle with a prototype scope crafed from broken binoculars
- Magical abilities (if applicable): None
- Weakness: Untrained. No Melee combat weapon. Lack of Strength.

Story:
- Lore: Samantha Sawyer, or more likely known by some of her friends as "Arrowkid" for her sometimes lethal desire to study arrows when she was merely young, was known to be curious. It didn't stop her to learn how to use a gun, but after a rather... interesting magic-related gun accident she stumbled upon, she somehow got scared of... guns. Except for her own personal rifle (her parents were baffled).
- Past acquaintances: Her parents (alive)
- Ideology: "Leave no one behind"
- Fears: Rifles (except her own modified rifle), Getting shot. Claustrophobic.
SirJahar wrote:
Spoiler!
Character:
Name: Markus Frostmane (Alliase: John Gunman)
Race: Snow Wolf Keidran
Strengths: Brilliant tinkerer, Avid gun smith
Weaknesses: Despite being around guns all day, his aim is poor, and his often experimental designs leave him unreliable in terms of firepower.
Personality: Easily frightened, Markus is known to prefer his problems 100 feet away and stationary.
Ref?:
languages: Keidran, Human

Physical:
Height: 6'2
Hair/Fur: Albino
Eyes: very light blue, almost grey
Skin: white
Clothing: A tan pair of trousers and an oft-stained shirt, a beat up old duster, and ragged boots.

Offensive:
Weapons/tools: a flintlock pistol that looks like it's about to explode or fall apart, and his most recent creation, whatever it may be.
Magical abilities (if applicable): Not known to be magicly active, Markus can't even light a candle with magic. Let alone put one out.
Weakness: Extreamly frail, known to collapse when under high stress.

Story:
Lore: Markus spent much of his early life on the road, his parents Jullie and Tavis Frostmane ran a trading caravan traveling back and forth from Hawling to Northwick. At 2 and a half, he got his hands on a gun for the first time. It was good for him. He was always a frail boy, and getting into fights often left him hurt. By the time he was 5, he was already asembling guns from scrapped parts. It was around this time, his twin brother was killed by a highwayman's blade. He shot the theif and murderer before they escaped, but his brother was already laying there, dead in a pudle of his own blood on the fresh snow of the winter's first fall. He was accepted as an Apprentice Gunsmith under his sponsor and master, Greag Smith, a week later in town. his parents wanted to get him away from the memory of his fallen kin. He stayed with them for several years, learing the ins and outs of proper gun manufacturing. At hsi 8th birthday, he was granted his own set of tools and a pouch to carry them in, instanntly becoming his second most prized posetion, after the . He's since gone on the road as an Journyman, often hiding his identity when he goes to test his creations as he experaments to develop new designs fo the guild.
Past acquaintances: Mother, father, other members of the caravan, his master at the Gunsmith's Guild.
Nationality: Citizen of the White Republic
Ideology: A open and proud industrial communist, Markus is bordering on militant
Fears: lighting, sailing, and extreame heat.
ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 pm
Spoiler!
Character:
- Name: Ricky (everyone calls him AceVolt)
- Race: Human
- Strengths: Raw strength in his muscles
- Weaknesses: Magic, swarms, Keidran, his real name
- Personality: Fun and carefree, in battle, ruthless
- Languages: Human (English), whatever Spanish would be, and only knows how to say "I don't know Keidran" in Keidran.
- Ref?: ?

Physical:
- Height: 5' 12" (He likes to call it this way)
- Hair/Fur: Jet-black hair
- Skin: White
- Clothing: Always wears a T-Shirt and shorts

Offensive:
- Weapons/tools: Always carries around a worker's tool belt. Tool belt is full of things like hammers, wrenches, lighters, oil cans, etc. all useful in a battle. Favorite weapon: his mallet
- Magical abilities (if applicable): Weak magic, but can be used to buff battle strength or to make a weapon larger
- Weakness: Defense, magic counterattacks, wolves

Story:
- Lore: Owns a small blacksmith shop in a town. Was grown and raised there, now he owns it. Just your average guy.
- Past acquaintances: The market guy (he calls him "You")
- Nationality: He has no idea
- Ideology: Whatever the community thinks
- Fears: Not having his trusty mallet, heat, cold, people who fight better than him (most people)
This is also the working turn order as of APRIL 20TH, 2017 AT 23:35 UTC-6:00

NotThatJon
Traveler

#72 Post by NotThatJon »

ThunderVolt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 pm Awesome! So it kicks off tomorrow?
Actually, it's already begun.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Twokinds Industrial OOC/Sign Up

#73 Post by SirJahar »

THUNDERVOLT! WE HAVE A TURN ORDER!
Consider this your first warning, you have one more.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#74 Post by RowanEx »

SirJahar wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 am THUNDERVOLT! WE HAVE A TURN ORDER!
I thought you didn't notice, lol, I was shocked! It's my turn to be honest.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#75 Post by SirJahar »

RowanEx wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:25 am
SirJahar wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 am THUNDERVOLT! WE HAVE A TURN ORDER!
I thought you didn't notice, lol, I was shocked! It's my turn to be honest.
I was at work when it happened.