The Sporting Game of Murder! Take 2 OOC

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

The Sporting Game of Murder! Take 2 OOC

#1 Post by Lief »

Trying this out again with some slight changes. No interest check again, because, reasons.

-------------------------------------------------------

Your life is perfectly normal. You're no one special, you have a decent job. Or maybe you don't. Maybe your life has hit rock bottom and you're living on the streets. Regardless, no matter where you come from, what you do for a living, you're just an average person. You go to sleep one night, expecting to wake up to the same thing the next day as it was today. Except it isn't. When you wake up, you find yourself in a small jail cell, not at all unlike the one at your local police station. Except smaller, perhaps. Obviously intended for only a single person. Your head aches like you have a nasty hangover, and the only thing you remember is going to sleep the previous night. Oddly enough, you're dressed in your usual attire. Though a few things aren't quite right, your hair isn't the way you normally keep it, your shirt isn't fully buttoned. Stuff like that. There's a note beside you on the metal cot. It's addressed to you. Curious, you read it, hoping it has answers.

"Dear (Your name here),

You have been drafted for My Competition. What is this competition, you ask? Why, it's to determine who is the best! Best at what? Killing, of course! If you win, you get to live! Oh, and also an indeterminate amount of riches and other worldly things that you can only dream of. We know what you want. And we have it.
In a just a few minutes, your cell door should open. Please proceed to the common area when it does, you will meet the other competitors there, as well as get the equipment you will need to survive! - :)

P.S. If you try to escape, bad things will happen. Follow the arrows, please.

P.P.S. If you die, your family, if you have any, will be notified and compensated accordingly. Good luck!"

Not long after you finish reading it, your cell door opens.

Rules:
Standard forum and RP rules apply.
No autohitting, or killing a PC OR NPC without permission. At least, NPCs that aren't competitors. More or less. Keep it plausible.
Keep romance to a minimum. You're supposed to be killing each other, after all. And can you really love someone when it's nagging at the back of your mind they might betray you?
GM is God. What I say goes, or you're gone. That's not to say you can't question me, of course.
This is a realistic RP. More or less. Keep this in mind. If it can't happen in reality, it's probably not going to happen here.
Be smart, and use common sense. I can't stress this one enough. I don't want to have to punish people for stupid things, but I will if I have to.
Character development should be realistic. See above. A character whose firearms knowledge is wholly based around "I saw a gun on the internet once" isn't going to know what they're doing if they find one.

Character limit of two.

Also! Not really a rule, more a guideline, but most folks have a bit of trouble when it comes to killing another human being. Please keep this in mind if/when it comes time to do the deed, and afterwards for that matter.

Another thing, I wouldn't recommend trying to rebel. You are untrained, unskilled, with little to no experience. You have no chance against :)'s soldiers. Not yet, anyways. Just play along.

Character Sheet:

Code: Select all

[b]Appearance:[/b] Picture or description, please. Pictures preferred.
[b]Name:[/b] Self explanatory. 
[b]Age:[/b] Self explanatory. Minimum age is 18. :) has some standards.
[b]Gender:[/b] Self explanatory.
[b]Job/Occupation/Lifestyle:[/b] This is what you did before being "drafted" into this competition. Non-combat military roles and police officers are allowed.
As a rule of thumb, though, your character has never killed anyone before this competition.
[b]Psych Eval:[/b] Think of this like personality, but fancier. I know some people don't enjoy writing personality, like myself, but this is going to be helpful for me as GM. Probably. Write however much you like.
[b]Equipment:[/b] Everyone starts with a compass, knife, 1-liter canteen, one can of food, and a medium-sized backpack or other item-carrying device to hold it all. Also clothing, of course.
Aside from that, pick several utility items. (If you don't know what would fall under this, just ask. And be reasonable with the quantity.) A weapon will be assigned to you sometime early on.
[b]Bio:[/b] Entirely optional.

I'm going to be taking on an assistant/co-GM, although I've already decided on who. Just need to see if they're still up to the task. This way I have someone to keep me on track and lighten the load a bit. Also to do other stuff that an assistant/co-GM would do.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: The Sporting Game of Murder! Take 2 OOC

#2 Post by The Rookie »

Appearance: For Simplicity's sake he’s basically Alexander Ludwig.
Spoiler!
Name: James Black
Race: Nordic
Job/Occupation/Lifestyle: Med school dropout. He’s spent the last 2 years working at his family’s butchery to help make ends meet.

He hates the work, but he’s good at it.

Psych Eval: James is a rather reserved individual. He has his small group of close friends, enjoys drinking (Possibly a little too much) and dabbles in video games and cooking in his spare time.

Can become very self deprecating and frustrated with difficult task. May resort to violence (Eg, throwing a phone across the room.) when pushed too far.

Dangerously stubborn. May go above and beyond to achieve his goals, but will also butt heads with people who don’t share his views. (Level of intensity will depend on the situation.)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#3 Post by Lief »

(Stealth bump, ahoy) Looks fine, aside from the stuff I mentioned on Skype a bit ago. I'm possibly working on a character but uh. Including myself and my assistant that's only three characters. Anyone else interested in joining? Anyone at all?

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#4 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Havent done one of these in years, but this looks pretty cool so put me down as interested. :)
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#5 Post by Lief »

There's a name I haven't seen in a while, Unsteddy. Good to see you're still around!

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#6 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Haha thanks man, I've devolved in a filthy lurker yeah.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#7 Post by Lief »

To any interested party: Due to the low player count, I'm slightly revising (Read: Completely doing away with) my original plans. This will have the added benefit of you, the players, not having to kill each other. Beyond that, however, you'll have to wait and see.