TwoKinds: The Black Rebellion (OOC)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Midas Hasani

TwoKinds: The Black Rebellion (OOC)

#1 Post by Midas Hasani »

Hello everyone ^^. My name is Midas, i am a member who joined not to long ago under the name Kieth, i have made a new account since I forgot the old one and was kinda out for several months do to a number of reasons. One of which was simply not having wifi at the time^^.

But now that i've returned and am fully functional having not been to the hospital in a long while, I figured it was time to get back into things.

So, if anyone is interested in doing a TwoKinds RP that takes place where the comic is but in a slight AU Let me know here. The main characters (Trace and everyone else) will be mentioned but will not be the main focus. See the plot below. A lot of the story can easily be derailed because once we jump in everything can go wrong real fast depending on what it is we do. Character sheets should hold some basic detail and such. Rules are as followed.

No Mary/Gary Sues: This is a big one because...lets face it, we all wanna be ultra badasses like Trace (before he lost his memory) and have all the ladies love us, be the coolest or prettiest or whateverest but understand no one is perfect. Every character should have flaws, weaknesses, strengths and motivations. Joining with a martial artist who can easily take out half a towns armed forces unscathed is doing a bit much because in almost every situation nine times out of ten he or she will always win or be the 'hero'. Good rping comes from unpredictability, conflict, and interaction. Not who can beat up who or who can do this thing to derail a scene or plot.

It is not all about YOU: Simply put. You are not Trace. You are not Flora. You are not Kieth. The story and plot does not revolve around you and the motivations of the character you create. While characters can easily be friends with you and thus sympathize with your cause, struggle, or motivations and possibly try to get in on it or help, THEN there may be an arc dedicated to the struggle of your character. But thats a group thing to decide. Try not to come in and instantly cause things to happen that force everything to be centered directly into a funnel leading to your character. Like going into a city and just blowing stuff up...that derails things. Is your character an pyromaniac arsonist? Lovely, burn a tavern and such. It wont derail as much but at least its somewhat believable and creates a situation where characters can choose to interact, ignore, or even investigate. There is a difference between creating interesting scenarios and side plots and being a hinderance.

Godmodding/Metaplaying: This means no instant hits, or avoiding every little attack. Characters get hurt, characters make mistakes. And most importantly...characters die. A character can be a kung fu master sure, but for the sake of fairness they should not be taking on thirty dudes at the same time like bruce lee. If you have an archer, understand the pros and cons of an archer. You are mobile, a quick shot, a dead eye, and ect. But you'd only really be effective at close to mid range, and you don't have unlimited arrows, ect. Metaplaying simply means dont act out information IC that is attained OOC. For example, Character A cannot know what character B is doing if character A is not around.

Respect: Be nice, treat others the way you want to be treated. Dont go being mean to someone because you can. Even if your character is a bully, understand not everyone is a fan of that so you run the risk having others not want to interact with you. And thats no fun is it?

I think that about wraps it up. Lets get to the good stuff shall we?

THE PLOT

Enigmatic hell hounds croon havoc, vexation upon the lands, while the predatory, apex of the beast remains nestled within the safety of jungle walls. They suckle, drink heavily at thee breast of life, birthed into a world of lecherous animosity and fevered bedlam based upon the preaching of depravity. Based within the throes of primeval world, of primal instinct and fervid inamorata. The old testaments, and wills upon which the livid enchantments of history confound upon, ligaments and tissues of a lascivious heart of archaic, rustic mystery.

How profound, this Bible of deceit, it bids you welcome. Stay, if but for the breath of a moment and let us welcome you, o' gracious guest, unto the very enthralling lips of enigmatic Eden. Walk among those of barbaric enticement, lingering primeval ghosts. Prolific monoliths of times well passed, and yet still they remain, straying remnants of a world which refuses to change.

Taste the euphoric rapture, the bitter, acrid knife of betrayal slipping amorously between lithe, dulcet ribs. Enthrall in the cataclysmic mutiny of two worlds expanding, imploding, clashing against one another in a heated affair. Walk in the wake of monstrous beasts, their paths unfurled as if coaxing closer, closer still the rush of a curious mind until gnashing severity of fangs sever all thought from a feeble stem and cerebral musings. This is the world of beast and monsters...and when you are they prey...will you run? Or fight back?

War is here, dear audience. And as smoke fills the air and fire reigns in the skies one thing has become clear...no one is safe. The templar have eliminated their enemies, The Bastian Empire, The former Grand Templar known as Trace Legacy has fallen to his enemies...The Bastian Empire obliterated...the Kedrian on the run from a force that seeks only to snuff them out.

Run, dear tempter. Run as long and as fast as you'd like...just know this.

...you and i both know how this ends.

(Alright, so basic plot is as followed. The Templar has basically won. Set in a AU Trace and the gang have been beaten and either killed or taken captive. The Bastian Empire was attacked shortly after and pretty much reduced to ruin. Some survived but not a whole lot. And everyone is basically on the run as the Templar builds its military might to round up minorities. Those who obey and do as their told are enslaved...those who resist? Lets just say there is no place for them in this new world order. Only ones who have privileges are humans, and the very few Kedrian who may of helped the Templar by providing information or anything similar. The characters this plot focuses on are OCs from different backstories and such all being pulled into a rather crappy situation. The Templar have found a neutral town consisting of both humans and Kedrians and have planned an assault, though rather than merely rounding up the minorities, they want the town/city for themselves and resort to mass genocide. Human or otherwise.

So, anyone down for some fun?)

Meet Mr Skeleton. He needs some meat, help em out eh?

Name:
Race:

Appearance: (Image if applicable)
Personality: (Bullet points will do)
Strengths: 5 at the most
Weaknesses: 5 at least

Skills: What is your character good at? Fighting, cooking, ect?

Custom Magic: (Only 2 custom magics are allowed. Nothing OP, just stuff your character can do rather its shooting fire, water or ect. Try to keep it within the premise that TwoKinds have showed us so far, or at the very least something that 'could' exist in the universe. Bastian with magic? Sure, better have a damn good reason and history behind it. Very powerful magic? Awesome, but i wanna see near crippling weaknesses or counters to this.

History: Not required. Just for those who like depth <3. But for those who want really special snowflakes, i would strongly suggest putting some back story =P.

And thats it. Post below if interested ^^. We can plot what happens next later. Cheers mates!

Transient Truth
Traveler

Re: TwoKinds: The Black Rebellion (OOC)

#2 Post by Transient Truth »

Alright. I may be interested at this. But since exams are coming around the corner, I might need some time before I can type up a character sheet.
See you soon then!
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant