Long road North. (Road to Ditteridge Reboot) OOC

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Long road North. (Road to Ditteridge Reboot) OOC

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Hey, welcome to the reboot of RTD.

For starters this is not a sign up thread. We've already gather 4 players to run through this game with, and I'd rather not expand the game any further.

Setting
As with last time, the setting is largely the same, although a few key events will change to keep it interesting.

The story starts in a busy tavern in the Canine town of Foxhunt. There we are introduced to the players’ characters and their motivations. From there we’ll have a quick introduction round where people briefly explain why they’re in Foxhunt and what they sort of want in life. After that, we’ll have a few characters bump into each other, maybe at the bar or a table, and strike up a conversation.

Ultimately, the table grows to house the full party and the conversation turns to a town called Ditteridge on the edge of human territory. (Now this town exist in the law which I’ll put below, but basically it’s a multispecies friendly place). After some discussion, the group realises that heading to Ditteridge might actually be the solution to several of their ambitions/troubles and start to plan the trip.

The next day the group sets off for the human town of Wreathwood and the adventure beguines.

Lore
Now the lore is largely the same as is depicted in the comic, with a few tweaks here and there. Just to avoid confusion, I'll try not to do anything that would contradict what happens in the comic. These tweaks would largely revolve around races, locations and happenings that are mentioned, but never go in depth in cannon.

For example, in this story the Western basitin aren’t as driven by the military life style as the Eastern basitin. The westerners are still respectable soldiers, but join the military by choice. Westerners have a more individualistic culture and a stronger focus on family and relationships. They are also far more likely to leave their homeland for a time, with most returning after a few years abroad, although a rare few decide to remain on the mainland permanently.

Characters

As for character sheets, I'm happy with the simple formula of

Name:
Appearance:
Languages: Please state how well they know the language(s).
Class/Occupation:
Weapon (If any):
Personality:

Example
Spoiler!
Name: Jonathan Wraithwood

Species: (Genetically) Western Basitin

Appearance: (5 ft 9). Chocolate brown fur with specs of black throughout. Black hands and feet, as well as his left ear. Bright green eyes and often a cheerful smile.

John wears a dark gray shirt with a pair of light gray pants made from simple cloth. He wears a black leather belt that supports a hand full of small pouches and a iron ring that acts as a holster for his hand axe. Atop his shoulders, John wears hooded ultramarine blue cloak fashioned with a circular silver brooch with a decorative imprint.

John often carries his large leather travelling bag, full of pouches and compartments filled with anything he may need on his travels from food to shelter. On the left side of the bag are straps to hold John’s short staff naginata, which is wrapped in a brown cloth when travelling.

Languages: English, Basitin (Rusty) and Keidran. John can only read and write in keidran.

Class: Traveller/Cook

Weapons:
A short staff Naginata.

A short 4 ft wooden staff with a 1 ft durule edged curved steel blade at the tip. While there’s nothing particularly special about the weapon itself, John takes a lot of pride in keeping it clean and sharpened. Despite never having used it in a real fight, John spends a few hours every week practicing the techniques his father thought him.

A small single hand axe

A Nordic style hand axe with a dark wooden handle and a steel head. Often worn on John’s right hip. John uses this axe for pretty much everything from fighting to cooking (He’s sure to clean it first of course).

Personality: John is usually a cheerful character, with an optimistic approach to most situations.
Growing up the son on an inn keeper in a bustling fox harbor town, John was introduced to a wide variety of characters over his life time. Making the most of these interactions, John learnt the three main languages of Mekkan, preparing traditional dishes from all corners of the continent, and fighting styles of the isles past down from his father.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Long road North. (Road to Ditteridge Reboot) OOC

#2 Post by Lief »

Don't mind me, just going to reuse the same character from the original. :P
Spoiler!
Appearance: 5'8. Wears more modest clothing these days, and lacks the armor. Still has the cloak, though it's been bleached to remove the Templar symbols.
Name: Elizabeth Fabel, usually goes by Eliza
Species: Human
Languages: Human, understands Keidran and is semi-fluent in Basitin
Class/Occupation: Hunter/Ranger/ex-Templar

Equipment:
Clothing - Consists of a short-sleeve green cloth shirt, black cloth pants with leather reinforcements on the inside at the knees, leather walking boots, belt, and leather gloves. Also undergarments, of course.
Leather Vest - The closest thing to armor Elizabeth has and wears anymore. Three layers of leather with two layers of silk intermixed make for, if nothing else, rudimentary protection from arrows and other things trying to puncture vital bits. Fits nice, doesn't restrict movement, and is far lighter than any other protective garment she's worn.
Cloak - A heavy white hooded cloak which defies dirt and water, turning both away. Despite its heft, Eliza is almost always wearing it.
Reflex-Recurve Bow - A relatively simple-looking bow. It is actually quite a complex design, which drastically increases tension and thus shot strength, as well as increasing the difficulty to bring it to full draw. Naturally, as this is Eliza's personal bow, she can bring it to full draw and hold it there for a fair time if need-be.
Quiver of Arrows - A simple soft leather quiver with a flap and tie to keep arrows from falling out during disuse. Contains around 40 arrows at any given time, utilizing various heads and different fletching.
Longsword - A simple blade of good make. Worn on her right side.
Hunting Knife - A plain blade, used to dress fresh kills. Could be used for other things, of course.
Satchel of Holding - A leather satchel with strap which carries various things. It's not quite the theoretically infinite space that bags of holding typically are, being a far cheaper and more readily available enchantment. It can hold roughly double what a standard satchel can. Elizabeth could probably replicate the enchantment. Items of note include, but are not limited to: A change of clothing, undergarments. Tools and materials to maintain her weapons. Several medicinal supplies, primarily bandages. Also an iron mug. Small supply of varied foodstuffs.
Waterskin - A key component to any traveler's kit. Holds roughly a liter of water when full. Kept attached to belt behind sword on right side.

Skills:
Ambidexterity - Eliza uses her bow right-handed and her sword left-handed. She is perfectly capable of switching them around without detriment, however.
Face, Meet Arrow - A downright amazing archer, Elizabeth has little trouble hitting even moving targets at a hundred yards or more.
Swording - Having been a Templar soldier for the better portion of her life, Elizabeth knows her way around a sword and how to stab the other person without getting stabbed yourself. She could probably even give a few pointers.
Hedgemage - Not the kind that specializes in plants, either. Elizabeth has mostly basic knowledge of magic, and slightly above-average skill in using it. She can fling fireballs pretty well, but healing is difficult and not very energy-efficient.
Natural Hunter - When Elizabeth left the Templar, she took up hunting as a profession, as it was a hobby even before she left. She is adept in the ways of the hunt, from tracking and identifying her prey to trapping and skinning it once slain.
Hobbyist Herbalist - Eliza knows the gist of what herbs are good or bad for you, what goes good in a stew, what can be turned into a paste to treat that nasty burn, what plants will kill you, and which will keep you from dying if you ingest one of the former. She's not an expert, but she's gotten by on her own so far.
Lone Wanderer - Eliza has taken to a nomadic way of life for several years now, not staying in any one place any longer than she had to. Due to this and her skill as a hunter, she has little issue surviving in the wilderness for extended periods, and is capable of getting by with few resources if complications arise.
Fletcher - Elizabeth can make her own arrows given the materials to do so, though she greatly prefers buying them.

Personality: Recent years have made Eliza a quiet, cynic individual. She doesn't tend to share her opinions and won't speak up without a reason. Given time and the right questions, one may be able to break through this shell.
Misc: Elizabeth was always pale. She did not, however, always have her strange hair and eyes. Early in her Templar career a simple illusion spell backfired and caused her current visage to become permanent.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by kiabugboy »

alright, here's mine for now (i might edit in more stuffs later)
Spoiler!
Name: percy silverhand
Species: human
Appearance: silver hair and side burns , wears a monocle and carries a cane with a silver engraving of a fox.
as for attires, i'm thinking something similar to this, fairly expensive dyed robe, belts where he keep some money, potions, etc
Languages: percy understands the keidran language quite well since he has traveled through keidran areas on many occasions to trade.
Class/Occupation: travelling merchant
Weapon (If any): a sword concealed inside of his cane and two daggers under his robe
Personality:somewhat a selfish and greedy man, a bit impatient as well, though he still cares for those he considers close to him.
he is also cold and calculated when the situation needs it.
although a wealthy man, percy is close to bankruptcy and hopes that his latest travel will save him from it, as he carries quite a lot of expensive cargos

speech color:
"i'm sorry, i'm afraid you're just wasting my time.
come back here when you have something valuable to offer"
EDIT:

Alright, huge last minute change, percy is going to take a backseat as a side character,
I'll be bringing my character judah from the alternate twokinds world RP here, and he'll be my main character.

Spoiler!
• 7 years old

Weapons/Tools
•knife

Appearance:
here's a rough drawing i made of him (ignore the blacksmithing attires, here he's merely a merchant's assistant)

Personality
• He is just a young lad who is not ready to set out on his own yet and still has so much to learn
• very diligent worker
• always tries to be helpful

he was a slave ever since he was born and lived most of his childhood going from one master to another .
Later on he became an assistant for percy and looks after the commodities in his wagon as well as helping out customers, even though he likes his current life and has always tried to be a hardworking person, judah had always dreamt of setting out on an adventure

Phaing
Master

#4 Post by Phaing »

Okay, once again=,

Name: Phaing

Spoiler!
Species: Human
Appearance: Female, slight of build and short. Dark Skin, blonde, delicate yet sharp features.
Languages: Please state how well they know the language(s).
Kurugiri (a Human dialect from far away) {native}, Human (local dialect) {conversational, but a heavy accent} Just a few words of
Class/Occupation: Fighting Sorceress
Weapon (If any): Kilij, 3-section staff, short bow

Personality: When in a good mood, delightful, especially when there is carousing to be done.
Otherwise...
"A loose cannon with malice of forethought" is one way of putting it.

Spells; Message, mend, one other (?)

Clothes - a couple of silk items stowed away, plus a couple of changes of underwear.

Worn- dove-grey woolen trousers and tunic, riding boots and a wide-brimed hat with a red feather, broad red leather belt and crossbelt supporting her weapons and rucksack. Fur cloak of very find quality (sable) with gold pins and chains to fasten it closed... her most prized possession.
Would having a horse be permitted? Or would it be more of a hinderance when it comes time to move by ship?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Would having a horse be permitted? Or would it be more of a hinderance when it comes time to move by ship?
Certainly. If memory serves, I think Kia's character was planning on having a horse and wagon as well.

Now that ever one is set, was there anything else before we begin?

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#6 Post by Lief »

Feel free to go another round without me. Eliza wouldn't really do much at this point other than drink her ale and watch the goings-on, and my first post was already short enough.

EDIT: By the by, here's the official map of Mekkan.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#7 Post by Lief »

Small edit to Elizabeth's sheet, with prior approval by Rookie of course. TL;DR she now has a bag of holding instead of a regular satchel but it's a budget one not the real thing.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#8 Post by The Rookie »

Walphinftw wrote:(OOC Is the RP open or nah?)
The OOC thread is here mate, but I'm afraid we're full up for now.

There's another game starting up shortly with Lief, if you're interested in joining that.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by kiabugboy »

do i really have to leave it guys.. ( ;_; )
i guess in hindsight i might've pictured the team running along the main road being hunted down by bandits/attackers trying to raid the wagon which sort of acts like a mobile fort for most of the characters, which might not be the best way to go about this.. so if i need to leave it that's fine

Phaing
Master

#10 Post by Phaing »

I disagree.
It is easy to discard something, and impossible to get it back if you need it later.

And besides, the 'slow, noisy and harmless' will get us all the role-playing opportunities we can handle1 8)
Hiding out all the time will only give us our own little group to interact with.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#11 Post by The Rookie »

Ok, so due to lack of interest, I think I'll be retiring this game. Shame we didn't get very far, but it was fun while it lasted...