An explanation on Bassitoria

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

BasettLord
Citizen

An explanation on Bassitoria

#1 Post by BasettLord »

So around the forums I have referenced " The Great Nation of Bassitoria" on multiple occasions. I have given out titles and positions of power in this fictional place I've designed. I've figured that I might as well flush it out and possibly use it for role playing purposes. It doesn't really take place near Mekkan or anything Twokinds related, but people are welcome to bring in existing characters if they are Keidran, Bastian, Templar, or have any ties to the world we all love. I'll be using this thread to describe Bassitoria's culture, government, economy, and whatever else I think of.

(If any mods think that this thread belongs somewhere else by all means move it.)
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

BasettLord
Citizen

Re: An explanation on Bassitoria

#2 Post by BasettLord »

A general physical description:

In terms of typography Bassitoria is fairly hilly with a sprinkling of flat plains, the largest of which lies in the east. Deciduous forests make up most of Bassitoria, while coastal areas consist of large limestone cliffs and the occasional shale covered beach. A string of half a dozen mountains marks the northern border with many large foothills that fill in the spaces between.

The weather in Bassitoria is nothing remarkablex there are times in the summer season when the temperature breaks 95 degrees Fahrenheit. There is usually a total average period of around three weeks in the winter where the majority of the land is covered in several inches of snow. Tornadoes will occasionally hit the great eastern plains but are usually not to severe. The average rainfall is estimated at somwhere between 35-55 inches.

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.

BasettLord
Citizen

Re: An explanation on Bassitoria

#3 Post by BasettLord »

Bassitorian Government.

The Bassitorian Government is comprised of two main groups; A council of twenty one Grand Senators and The Lord of Bassitoria make up the upper level, below the Council is a group comprised of several hundred Lesser Senators. The lesser senators draft bills and bring cases of importance before the Council. Lesser senators are elected by the common citizens of Bassitoria and serve five year terms.

Bassitoria is divided into fifty seven fiefdoms, each getting a number of Lesser Senators that match what percentage of the population it holds. Barons are placed in charge of each fiefdom as The Lord sees fit. If the citizens of the Fief feel that their Baron is doing a poor job then they can be impeached.

The Lord of Bassitoria is a title passed from father to eldest child. The Lord of Bassitoria can be either male or female. If the Lord dies, becomes too old to rule, or decides to abdicate, then rule will be passed onto eldest child, or spouse if no child is suitable to rule. If all suitable heirs were to persist at once then a new ruler will be elected from the among the general populous.