RIP: MrFlyingAmoeba

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

RIP: MrFlyingAmoeba

#1 Post by avwolf »

I was asked to make this announcement so that those who may be concerned would become aware. We have received notice that roughly a week ago MrFlyingAmoeba passed away. He was a fixture here on the forums, particularly in the Role-Playing Boards and his presence will be deeply missed. I cannot speak for others, by my thoughts and prayers go out to his family in this time, and to all of us here who have counted him among our friends.

He was going to be in the next scene of Bleak Streets, whenever I actually got it written, arguing with people as he'd requested. Forgive me, I'm going to need a moment.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: RIP: MrFlyingAmoeba

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

Holy woah...

Is it all right to ask what happened?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

On April 4th, a few of us learned that he was ill. Nothing unusual, just a "weird cold thing." However, he was absent on the 5th, apparently sleeping. On the 6th, it got worse. He was having chest pains constantly, was finding that physical exertion of any sort tired him to the point of collapse, and that even study or video games were making him feel nauseous.

On April 7th he told us he was in the hospital with something akin to food poisoning. He was experiencing low blood pressure and hallucinations. He was typing in his phone, but it was hard because he had IVs. That was the last message we received from him. At that point, we knew he was in trouble, but assumed he would be treated and dismissed from the hospital with no long-term effects.

Fast-forward to yesterday, exactly two weeks and a day since his last message. We hadn't seen him online since then, so we contacted his family and learned that he'd passed away about a week prior. What day exactly, I'm not sure, but it's been about a week.

I'm incredibly glad to have known Amoeba as personally as I did. He was a constant source of kindness, creativity, and inspiration, and he will be sorely missed.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

foxlord
Elder foxy

#4 Post by foxlord »

I counted him among my good friends online and I always enjoyed what conversations we had together... He was a lot of fun to game with and talk to and I'm
really going to miss him. I remember him saying he had a bad cold and was starting to feel really bad but I didn't think it'd lead to this...

Repose en paix mon ami.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by TinyVoices »

Myperson54 wrote:something akin to food poisoning
That's some pretty bad food poisoning. Never heard of something like this before.

I personally never got very close to Amoeba. I think that, for the most part, I only thought of him as one of the guys who showed up to the forum shortly after I did. But it's clear that he will be missed by members of this community. It's a shame he couldn't get over his illness.

I hope you rest in peace, MFA.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Vintage »

Wait - WHAT!? Holy [censored]. This is pretty hard to digest...

R.I.P. MrFlyingAmoeba. I wish I got to talk to you more. Feels really bad to lose a member of the community.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Ketzal »

oh god...

I never knew the guy personally, but it's sad to see a member of the community pass all the same. Rest in peace, for sure...

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by kiabugboy »

i haven't had the chance to get to know mr flying amoeba. i wish i had.
but he is someone i see often going around the forum and it is really sad that i won't be seeing his name pop up anymore.

i hope he lived a fulfilling life and that his families and friends can cope with their loss.
rest in peace MrFlyingAmoeba.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#9 Post by judah4 »

I'm going to miss him

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

My sympathies to his friends and family, he will be missed.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Devolgerax

#11 Post by Devolgerax »

RIP :(

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#12 Post by FrogSteaks »

I didn't know Amoeba that well, mostly because he spent most of his time here in the RP board, whereas I barely even look at this board. But I know that he was a cherished and well-loved member of this forum, and I will definitely miss his presence here.

Rest in peace, MrFlyingAmoeba, and thank you for choosing to be a member of our little dysfunctional family.

Gone at 22 years old. Christ, what a shame.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#13 Post by JediGuy »

Oh my God.

I'm just...I'm stunned.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#14 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Despite being around the forums for close to a decade and being in the same Skype group chat with Amoeba for years, I never got close to Amoeba. Its a shame, he was a pretty chill person. Dead at 22, what a shame, it does put life in perspective though.

My condolences to his family and friends. Requiescat In Pace Amoeba.

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Well [censored] I did not expect this at all.

My condolences to his family.
ImageImageImage