Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Mal

Re: Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

#16 Post by Mal »

Moon, right now I have about five people who've signed up. There's only one spot left, so it's really a first-come-first-serve thing and I'll choose whoever completes their CS first.

As for the technology level, the world of the Kev'chak was a very agriculturally based society. Meanwhile, the humans are farther ahead than even our world right now, in both looks and functions of technology. They have normal weapons that we would be used to, but they also have things like Light Blasters (I used to have this awesome more official name for them but I forgot it D:) that can shoot enormous amounts of energy on various settings to destroy objects, stun/kill organisms, set fire to things, etc. The humans have had the technology to get to Shaion (the world's name for those who haven't taken a look at the language doc yet) for a long time before they actually discovered the world itself, so they're pretty advanced. Things like hovercraft have been built, although as of yet they're still incredibly expensive and mostly for the upper class. Hands-free communicators are now the normal for almost everyone. The humans that were sent up for communications with the Kev'chak have been there somewhere between ten-twenty years now, and some have even mated with the Kev'chak. Despite the vast technology the humans are conditioned to live with, however, they brought light amounts of that with them, and so far have really only incorporated it into the cities, although it's slowly starting to spread to the rest of the world.
Phaing wrote:
Mal wrote: Other than that, I think those pictures are fine. Based on your description, which isn't very specific, I can't really tell which one would fit your character better, but the first two seem to be the most likely to work with the style of the universe.
As far as her current placement, I had an idea; recruited and trained by humans to fight on their side, and then captured and turned to fight on Vallai's side... perhaps? If so that would knock my entry into this back a while, but that's okay with me. It will give me a chance to follow along and learn your world & system before I come storming in.
That sounds fine to me, it's your character and it's her history, so as long as you notify me beforehand I'll probably be okay with it.

For those of you who sent me your form by pm, I had a track meet yesterday and when I got home (at like 9 pm) I just kind of crashed, so I'll have to enter your forms into the list this afternoon after school.
blorg

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by kiabugboy »

i was very nervous about trying to join another RP but seeing that i'm doing pretty fine in the other one, it won't hurt for me to join this one. but if there's no spot left, i'm completely fine. i'm interested in the idea that there are more than just felines and canines in this world.

also, i hope it's okay that i plan to have this character be not so fluent in english but of course i'll still write it in a way that is easy to understand.

Name: jorran sheng
Pronunciation Of Name:jorr-un sheng
Species Name: [censored]
Specific Animal:water monitor lizard (varanus salvator)
Sexuality: heterosexual

Positive Personality Traits:
-loyal to his allies
-avoids violence unless forced to
-calm and collected during stressful situations, nerve of steel

Negative Personality Traits :
-he doesn't show much emotions even though he still has one
-he dislikes inovation and quick to judge anything that isn't the old way of life, because this, he's not very tech-savy and can't perform basic tasks like changing a battery
-english no very good
Personality Summary: jorran's lack of visible emotions can be unsettling at times. but he is very concerned towards the well being of his allies and will protect them at all cost. he values traditional ways of life and dislikes advanced technology.
he is very attuned to nature and sees all of the races beside the humans as being part of the balance of life. he speaks through his actions and use minimal words.

Appearance:
Physical Attributes: (Where each + would indicate a significant increase over average, and vice versa for -)
-Endurance(+)
-Dexterity
-Strength(+)
-Height(+)
-Amphibious(+) (well he's a water monitor)
-Agility(++)

Attracted To:
-polite manners
-calmness
-saru and esiran culture as he sees them as equally peaceful and oppressed

Not Attracted To:
-human's confusing technology
-he doesn't have a blood thirst for humans and want all of them to die or anything. but he does find them to be pretty annoying and greedy
-brashness
-hot-headed people who talk too much
-brute force

Reason For Joining Vallai: jorran usually doesn't care about some 'weird races politics' but after vallai taught him about the humans , he sees them as a threat to his people. so he wants to help vallai drive this people away, further from his home

weapons: jorran carries a primitive canon with him. it's not like a huge bazooka or somethin'. it's more like those ancient canons that the chinese people used but more slender like a rifle. jorran uses his tail like a third arm to light up the stick that he uses to fire the gunpowder based weapon.

Brief History: Jorran was a noble fighter of his people (i imagine his people's culture to have oriental characteristics like the chinese culture or mongolians) before he had made a strategic mistake during a hunt that led to the deaths of his ally. Because of this, he was banished from his society so he spent his life wandering from town to town. He could've used his agility and endurance to turn into a life of stealing but he refused to and instead chose a humble life. he wanders aimlessly throughout his life. that is, until he met an esiran by the name of vallai and learned about the human's way of 'establishing peace'. Troubled by the fact that vallai's village is one of the few places that stands between the humans and his village. He fears that the humans would corrupt his people's way of life with their 'metal houses' and 'fire weapons'. ( i imagine vallai's village to be like the few remaining villages that haven't been under the human's interest)

Speech Color: "human home make me confuse. at night, too many lights, very bright, no trees so no one can climb. i not understand. Human fire weapon very strong but also make me confuse, many buttons, many lights.
[censored] fire weapon, you only put fire in, shoot straight away."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#18 Post by y7h65 »

Hmmm, seems interesting enough. If you're willing to accept another then I would like to join. I am a bit of a slow poster though.
Spoiler!
Name:
Lucille Riel

Pronunciation Of Name:
Loo-Seal Ree-el

Species Name:
Human

Ethnicity:
French-Canadian

Sexuality:
Bisexual

- Confident "Ha! I look at your works, your so called superior equipment and training, and I spit on them! And I'd do a lot worse if there weren't kids watching!
- Cool Under Pressure Hey! It's only another twenty five meters till we're over the cliff! And, oh, a half minute before that flash flood passes through here. Keep it moving!
- Roundabout Honesty: "That shirt brings out the worse in your appearances. Wear that one instead."

Negative Personality Traits :
- Brash: "No, [censored] you!"
- More likely to lie than to tell the truth: "Look, I'm just telling you that flying air sharks are completely a danger that I've faced before."
- Easily Angered: "You want rash!? Let me show you rash!"
- Headstrong "[censored] this stupid deal! If you want diplomacy then I'm switching to big stick diplomacy!"

Personality Summary:
Lucille is a massive [censored] and not afraid to remind everyone around her of that fact, whether it is by getting into scuffles, getting too serious about friendly competitions, or her constant butting of heads with the world. At the same time, she can be relied on to react and act in serious situations and to make the hard choices when they show themselves. She has a secret love for both old horror stories and pulpy romance novels.

She does have a thing about respecting those that deserve it and those that earn this respect can expect to gain a stalwart companion who isn't afraid or above telling you when she thinks you're doing wrong. However, her exact criteria is either completely random or put together from multiple inconsequential things. So far, she seems to respect those who can stand up to her, are able to bake a perfect souffle, know how to break a rack on their first try, or is capable of explaining the rules of Arkham Horror without having to use the rulebook or reference guide.

Appearance:
Stands at about 5'4". Constantly smells of gunpowder, tobacco, and lilacs. She's visibly muscular and has defined abs but most of her clothing tends to cover that. She actually prefers to keep her hair shoulder length despite how inconvenient it is and takes great measures to keep it in good condition.

Clothing wise, she seems to be carrying a half dozen different camoflauge jackets and pants; all of a different pattern. All of them are stained with oil and small burns from what appears to be cigarette ash. Her 'armor' is actually just standard anti-impact elbow and kneepads with a Type-III plate carrier. Even less protective than the lightest of the Colonial Military gear but lighter, more comfortable, and also more easily repaired/macgyvered when damaged.

She also wears a medium-large backpack which contains a wide variety of items. The most prominent of these are two weapons maintenance kits, a foil blanket, several cartons of cigarettes, waterproof matches, normal matches, clothing patching kits, a three month supply of at least two different types of haircare product, and a solar-charging datapad filled with classic horror, horror, and trashy romance novels; as well as both the rulebook and reference guide for Arkham Horror 2nd Edition.

Physical Attributes:(Where each + would indicate a significant increase over average, and vice versa for -)
- Agility(++)
- Dexterity(++)
- Strength(+)
- Endurance(+)

Attracted To:
- People who are able to challenge her
- Displays of expertise
- People who know where they stand
- Pun-ishers
- Dark Humor

Not Attracted To:
- True Cowardice
- False Presentations of Self
- Indecisiveness
- Being wish-washy
- The English

Reason For Joining Vallai:
To anyone who asks, Lucille will tell them that she is here to help the fight against the current colonial powers and that she is a wanted anarchist back on Earth who's wanted for trying to stand up for the little guys.

Her true reason is to act as a sort of scouts and voyageur for criminal elements back on Earth, verifying what resources could be exported and what resources could be imported. After all, a new world still being developed by the major powers with a semi-reliance on human technology? One that already has a distaste for the major powers? That's too good a target audience for any respecting criminal group to ignore.

Any Weapons:
Bullpup Battle Rifle
- A Bullpup Battle Rifle chambered in .338-06 and equipped with an Elcan Specter sight, this weapon is extremely weather-worn and has signs of both heavy use and tender care. One thing its appearance won't tell you is the rather high reliability of this weapon.

Revolver
- A double action-only revolver chambered for .357 Magnum, this little piece is rather sleek and reliable weapon. Although much more recently manufactured than the antique battle rifle Lucille also uses, this piece is known among gun aficionados for solid construction and reliable mechanisms.

Machete
- Kept over the left shoulder and about half a meter in total length, the machete is the answer to a universal problem: what do you use when you need something more threatening than a knife but not as lethal as a gun?

Disguised Sap Gloves
- They're pretty standard sap gloves, though they have been made in a way that makes them look more like bulky gloves rather than sap gloves. They are notably made with a synthetic knife proof material.

Brief History:
Lucille frequently sticks to the story that she tells everyone when asked about her past: she was a poor orphan street child who grew up on the streets in East Europe who did what she had to do to survive. Bad friends and timing would see that she would find herself participate and survive a short-lived lower class uprising, one which fueled her desire to overthrow the corrupt governments of the world. Her fight for freedom has carried her throughout the world and worlds and now it has guided her to Shaion, where the next fight for freedom will be.

This is a load of lies. In reality, Lucille is actually a freelance Acadian mercenary and voyageur who is currently contracted to a rather notorious cartel as an enforcer and explorer. She grew up in a decidedly lower class family but was most decidedly not a poor orphan street child and while she did what she had to do to survive; that mostly involved joining the military as a Ranger and then being dishonorably discharged for desecrating corpses. Her current job on Shaion is to help topple the human government so an even more insidious group will have freedom to operate on the planet. But that will have to wait until after the current government is gone.

Speech Color:
"Why am I helping? Ha! Don't make me come up with a story right now. Let's just say the first hit's free, mmmkay?"

Extra:
Lucille is what many would consider a light smoker, generally going through about five cigarettes a day when relatively stressed. As a result of this and the general remoteness of her job, she has a rather hilarious amount of cigarettes with her. At least one of her magazine pouches are actually filled with several soft-packs of cigarettes. She prefers Du Maurier Signatures but will smoke anything if needed. Unless they're methanol. She'd rather go cold turkey than smoke methanols.

She seriously hates the English. This needs to be stressed.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Mal

#19 Post by Mal »

Awesome, both of you are accepted! I'm taking two more forms from myperson54 and Lief because they pm'ed me about it, but other than that I'm not accepting anyone else; this is a big enough group. I will put everyone's forms in the first post and then get right to creating the roleplay thread!
By the way, sorry I took so long responding, my life suddenly got busy all of a sudden. I cannot wait for track season to be over, all these meets are making me exhausted.
Update: If I'm missing anyone or I messed something up while doing all that copy and paste, just tell me and I'll fix it :)
Roleplay thread will probably be done tomorrow because I'm exhausted emotionally/mentally/physically and I have to do two hours worth of homework that I didn't have the energy/motive to complete until I rounded up loose ends I'd been missing on here.
blorg

Transient Truth
Traveler

#20 Post by Transient Truth »

What? This thing is over?
*sigh* I finished everything except for the appearance.
Whatever. Maybe next time then.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Phaing
Master

#21 Post by Phaing »

Mal wrote: That sounds fine to me, it's your character and it's her history, so as long as you notify me beforehand I'll probably be okay with it.
Actually, I wsa hoping to work with you a little, and make something that would fit into your campaign. I'm not sure if I have a very good handle on this.
Sci-Fi isn't really my thing, but I am willing to learn!
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Mal

#22 Post by Mal »

Okay, cool! Just sent you a pm on that.

Truth, I'm sorry that I cut it off, but I've got about eight people when I planned for five. If it's not too late, don't delete your character, and maybe once I get the plot settled down with these eight (or however many it is, I'm actually not sure) I can figure out whether or not I can handle another roleplayer. I would rather your hard work be appreciated and not thrown away :(

I was just thinking about everybody's forms and looking over them to make sure they all looked good, and I just wanted to compliment you guys on your creativity! I gave you a basic idea of a whole universe, and you guys have already started to expand it and make it even better and more detailed. The use of the language I created was really fun to read, and I enjoyed seeing new ideas about the culture of the Kev'chak inserted into the forms (for instance, the Ashits having a similar culture to the Chinese).
I really only mentioned the time period that the humans have been there, but I noticed some of you seemed confused on that and therefore created your own ideas. Let me clarify that a little; the humans have been living and mingling (mingling/interacting being an important word here) with the Kev'chak for approximately sixteen years. They have yet to take over all of the villages and towns over the span of the world, because Shaion is almost as large as earth and there are no lack of inhabitants. For the most part, humans have stuck to the larger cities, and are only slowly starting to expand to towns and villages nearby the trade centres, ports, and agricultural centres. One of the villages nearby a huge sea port is where Vallai lives, and has only recently become inhabited by humans, which is the reason for his gathering this group. If you guys have any more questions, just ask me. I plan on writing a bit more extensive overview of the universe, and when I get that done I will post a link to that particular document in the first post, in a similar fashion to what I did with the Kev'chak language.
blorg

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#23 Post by Myperson54 »

Mal wrote:Okay, cool! Just sent you a pm on that.

Truth, I'm sorry that I cut it off, but I've got about eight people when I planned for five. If it's not too late, don't delete your character, and maybe once I get the plot settled down with these eight (or however many it is, I'm actually not sure) I can figure out whether or not I can handle another roleplayer. I would rather your hard work be appreciated and not thrown away :(

I was just thinking about everybody's forms and looking over them to make sure they all looked good, and I just wanted to compliment you guys on your creativity! I gave you a basic idea of a whole universe, and you guys have already started to expand it and make it even better and more detailed. The use of the language I created was really fun to read, and I enjoyed seeing new ideas about the culture of the Kev'chak inserted into the forms (for instance, the Ashits having a similar culture to the Chinese).
I really only mentioned the time period that the humans have been there, but I noticed some of you seemed confused on that and therefore created your own ideas. Let me clarify that a little; the humans have been living and mingling (mingling/interacting being an important word here) with the Kev'chak for approximately sixteen years. They have yet to take over all of the villages and towns over the span of the world, because Shaion is almost as large as earth and there are no lack of inhabitants. For the most part, humans have stuck to the larger cities, and are only slowly starting to expand to towns and villages nearby the trade centres, ports, and agricultural centres. One of the villages nearby a huge sea port is where Vallai lives, and has only recently become inhabited by humans, which is the reason for his gathering this group. If you guys have any more questions, just ask me. I plan on writing a bit more extensive overview of the universe, and when I get that done I will post a link to that particular document in the first post, in a similar fashion to what I did with the Kev'chak language.
For those who don't know, my character sheet is up.

Besides the obvious things, are there specific items you'd expect us all to have? For example, in this day and age on Earth it's more or less assumed that the majority of people will have a cellphone and if not, that they'll have access to the internet somehow (on their person, at a library, through school, etc.) Is there anything in your world which is simply assumed one will own or have access to?
I'm also curious: what sorts of things have the humans given the Kev'chak? Have they industrialized, or are they more like the early North American settlers, simply arriving and spreading cultural influence? If this society is peaceful and non-industrial, I'd imagine our weapons are going to come from the humans. (Consider Japan, which didn't have guns until Portugal gave them a few, due to a lack of natural resources and poor industrial development.)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#24 Post by Lief »

Am I the only one that finds it odd how few people listed a height and yet there's several mentions of height-related attractions in their sheets? :roll:

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#25 Post by The Rookie »

Mal wrote:the humans have been living and mingling (mingling/interacting being an important word here) with the Kev'chak for approximately sixteen years.
I might need to go back and change a few things to my character then...

Other than that, I'm excited to see where this goes.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mal

#26 Post by Mal »

Lief wrote:Am I the only one that finds it odd how few people listed a height and yet there's several mentions of height-related attractions in their sheets? :roll:
I actually didn't even notice that! I should probably have put a specific height for my character as well..
The Rookie wrote:
Mal wrote:the humans have been living and mingling (mingling/interacting being an important word here) with the Kev'chak for approximately sixteen years.
I might need to go back and change a few things to my character then...

Other than that, I'm excited to see where this goes.
That's fine, just let me know when you're done editing it so I can update the character profiles.
Myperson54 wrote:
Mal wrote:Okay, cool! Just sent you a pm on that.

For those who don't know, my character sheet is up.

Besides the obvious things, are there specific items you'd expect us all to have? For example, in this day and age on Earth it's more or less assumed that the majority of people will have a cellphone and if not, that they'll have access to the internet somehow (on their person, at a library, through school, etc.) Is there anything in your world which is simply assumed one will own or have access to?
I'm also curious: what sorts of things have the humans given the Kev'chak? Have they industrialized, or are they more like the early North American settlers, simply arriving and spreading cultural influence? If this society is peaceful and non-industrial, I'd imagine our weapons are going to come from the humans. (Consider Japan, which didn't have guns until Portugal gave them a few, due to a lack of natural resources and poor industrial development.)
Man, answer one question and you get five more in return :kathrin:
There are a few items, such as data pads (a holographic equivalent of iPads because I LOVE holographic technology) and wireless/hands-free communicators. For the most part there's nothing too specific, but if you have an idea to a technology we could add in, I'm open to suggestions. Anything is possible!
As for items the Kev'chak own, you are correct in the assumption that the Kev'chak didn't really own weapons. They had some things to defend from predators, for instance, rudimentary swords and bow staffs, (do remember that there are normal animals living on Shaion, both species we recognize and ones humans never imagined) but for the most part the high tech stuff came from humans. The humans have really own industrialized some of the most major cities and only the richest Kev'chak tend to own the really useful technology. It's a slow spread, but it's definitely more industrialization than spreading cultural influence. For instance, the leader of an influential pride of cheetah/leopard anthros (who is also the father of one of the characters in those example drawings, the girl Lychen) owns an extensive amount of technology, almost to the amount of a regular, upper middle class human. For the most part, humans have shared the technology they own, only keeping the really high tech stuff to themselves so that they still have an edge. (For instance, wifi is almost nonexistent in the Kev'chak world, and the engineering behind jets/speedboats/cars is unknown to Kev'chak.
blorg

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#27 Post by Myperson54 »

Perfect, thanks for the answers.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Mal

#28 Post by Mal »

You're welcome!
Mal wrote:It's your choice! If you want, you can roleplay your character being chosen. However, I left it open, so if you don't want to go through all that, you can pretend like you were already recruited and then just insert yourself in once everyone has started meeting up the day after.
Just in case anyone of you guys were wondering about whether or not to roleplay yourself being talked into it by Vallai or not.
blorg

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#29 Post by y7h65 »

I updated my post a bit, had to add a whole new line or two and split a paragraph.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#30 Post by Lief »

Pre-approved and stuff. I think Mal just forgot to add it to the first post, haha.
Spoiler!
Name: Robin Ward
Pronunciation Of Name: RAH-bin WAHRD
Species Name: Saru
Specific Animal: Snow Leopard
Sexuality: Demisexual

-Optimistic "I'll have you fixed up in no time, stop worrying!"
-Helpful "I can't just stand by and watch, I'd get bored."
-Undaunted "Retreat, hell!"

Negative Personality Traits:
-Stubborn "I'll keep fixing it even if it breaks down every five minutes!"
-Overly Curious "Hey, what's this button do? Should I have pushed it?"
-Gullible "Air sharks?! I want one!"

Personality Summary: (A/N: I hate these things. Do I really have to?)

Appearance: Robin stands at around 5'8" with a lithe figure, though she isn't totally devoid of muscle or curves. She has green eyes and light brown(?) hair which is kept short. Her tail is surprisingly thin for a snow leopard, but it still has an appreciable amount of fluff to it. She has a scar running across the left-front of her throat where the fur hasn't filled in. Not easily noticeable but still there. As well, she has several burn scars on her torso, most of which have filled in with fur but remain visible.

Her standard attire consists of a reddish-brown vest and dark slate gray fatigue pants with sewn-in knee guards. Robin happens to be one of the sub-sub-species of anthromorphus that is plantigrade, and thus requires footwear. Her most common choice is a pair of well-worn dark brown combat boots. She also tends to wear a pair of black synthetic gloves, notably cut and stab-resistant. On rare occasions she has been seen wearing a black newsboy cap. Who knows where she keeps it, though.

Robin's equipment includes a leather gunbelt, complete with holster, magazine pouch, miscellaneous item pouch and canteen (Or whatever) clip. The latter-most hangs off the belt on the left side, slightly behind the item pouch. The holster and magazine pouch are on the right side. She carries a canvas satchel loaded with a small variety of mechanical, medical, and electrical tools, as well as other odds'n'ends. Also, she carries a pair of goggles with orange lenses that, while obviously well taken care of, have seen many repairs.

Physical Attributes:
Height: 5'8"/1.72M
Weight: 120lbs/54.4kg

Dexterity(+++)
Agility(++)
Endurance(+) [Although she functions extremely well with little or no sleep, even over prolonged periods.]
Strength(~)
Height(~?)

Attracted To:
-Wit
-Humor
-Strength of Will
-Kindness
-Strange/unusual/uncommon attributes (Not really a turn-on, just something that piques her curiosity.)

Not Attracted To:
-Antagonism
-Apathy (In a general sense- There's no need to care about /everything/, of course.)
-Selfishness
-Basically everything appearance-related. (More in a "This does nothing for me" kind of way than an actual turn-off.)

Reason For Joining Vallai: Having been raised by humans, Robin has a greater understanding of them and their motives than many. She sympathizes with both sides, but ultimately agrees that the humans need to be kept in check. She decided to go along with Vallai both to help him and to try and prevent any extreme actions against the humans.

Any Weapons: A semi-automatic handgun of relatively modern design. Chambered in 6.2x25mm it has... Odd but successful ballistics. 18-round magazine, plus one in the chamber. While there is a suppressor available for it, Robin does not have one. (Robin has a total of three magazines, one in the gun and two on her belt. She has spare ammunition in her satchel as well.)

Also a combat/utility knife kept on the back of her belt. 81/2" overall length, 5" blade.

Interestingly, Robin also has two boot knives. Spring-loaded knife blades that, when triggered with a specific type of pressure, flips out to the toe of the boot, adding a bit of lethality to kicks.

Brief History: Orphaned at a (relatively) young age, Robin was adopted and raised by a human couple. This afforded her certain amenities as well as access to technology not otherwise available to the anthromorphus population at large. As a downside, she had little contact with others of her own species, and thus feels closer to humans than her own kind. She overall enjoyed life with her human parents, but felt the need to go and do her own thing after a while. She picked up some combat training from her mother, medical from her father, and headed out. Along her travels she also picked up some mechanical and electrical experience.

Speech Color: "Hey, look, it's the same color as my pants!"

Extra: Due to a prior injury she is loathsome to talk about, Robin is actually mute. Vocal cords damaged beyond repair. She has a device implanted in her throat that replicates functioning vocal cords, giving her the ability to speak, albeit with a slightly modulated tone. Unfortunately the device is quite sensitive and has been known to short out for little to no reason. In this event Robin knows sign language, although expects to have to use vague gestures and written word to actually communicate with most.

Robin was a big fan of classic war movies growing up. Still is, she's just seen most of them by now. She also enjoys upbeat Jazz music.

She has an innate affinity for all things mechanical, electrical, or medical. She's a "fixer", as her mother would say. If it's broke, she can probably fix it. And if she can't, it probably can't be fixed at all.