Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

#46 Post by Lief »

Stryder221 wrote:My intention was to wait a little while before introducing my own character, right up until Vallai makes a second appearance. Please, don't wait for my sake.
I was going to wait until the actual meeting to introduce my character. Probably should've mentioned that, my bad.

Phaing
Master

#47 Post by Phaing »

Sorry, I was holding off and now it's too late at night.... I will post something tomorrow afternoon and you all can go ahead without me if you like.
Just having a hard time getting my head into this setting.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#48 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Well, I suppose we should begin moving onward? Gather the Party and all that.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Phaing
Master

#49 Post by Phaing »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Well, I suppose we should begin moving onward? Gather the Party and all that.
Sounds good to me!

I hope I covered Lillieghn's personality well enough.... and I left it totally open, as far as who her old pals were and what their reactions to her today might be. It might be all, some or just one of you that remembers her and/or would want to talk to her these days.
It might even be a leap of faith to approach her at all. :wink:

(or maybe, just maybe, she agreed to some sort of hypnosis before joining up with the Terrans, something that would allow her to pass the loyalty tests.... and one of you might have the key to unlocking her mind so that she can rejoin the resistance... is there a psychic in the house?
Just a thought.)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#50 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hold the phone, is magic a thing, or are you talking about the smoke and mirror hypnosis stuff we do today? I hope you don't mean she has some sort of personality cycling, that wouldn't be healthy at all.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Mal

#51 Post by Mal »

Magic is a thing, but only a sort of healing/growth magic. It's explained in my google doc, which is still yet to be finished because I'm a lazy-butt. However I forgot to mention that in the first post, which means none of you actually knew about that; it's okay though, magic users aren't very common. Also I haven't completed the document because the few days before spring break tend to be the worst/most stressful. Boy, I can't wait for my later years in school. However, spring break is finally here, and that should free up all of my time. I'll be busy tomorrow, and sometime in this coming week I might go to get my permit, but other than that I will have virtually nothing to do.

As for moving the party together, that sounds good. I'll try to wrap up the individual conversations Ilya got involved in and move the time forward towards tomorrow.

I don't know if I notified you guys already, but someone (without a previously accepted character) has volunteered to roleplay as Vallai. I'm considering it, and will decide whether to accept or not based on their character form for him. I've seen a rough draft and it looks pretty good, however if I do accept them they probably won't be instated into the character until after the first meeting, for a more smooth entry. Just thought I should notify you all of that. If you don't agree that we should have a roleplayer for Vallai you can pm me about it, I'm still trying to figure out how good of an idea it is and I want you guys' opinions.
blorg

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#52 Post by The Rookie »

Ok, just wanted to check something else before I land myself in more hot water.

With the turn system we're using, is it going to be the same each round (Eg. Mal, Myself, Y7h65, kiabugboy, Myperson, Phaing and so on) or is it just guaranteed that everyone will have a spot in the rotation?

Just want to know if people are waiting on me to post something, cause at the moment I'm feeling very hesitant to do so.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mal

#53 Post by Mal »

It's close-to-guaranteed that everyone shows up in the rotation, as long as they don't take so long that the plot gets suspended waiting on them.
Also just wanted to give a heads-up that we have about nine people signed up for this roleplay and only about 5 have actually responded to the roleplay thread. If you're currently working on a post or are getting ready to put something up, can you let me know so I know who's actually paying attention to this? I put the thread up about a week ago, but I couldn't find whether or not I actually made an announcement about it in this thread, so that may be my mistake. If you didn't know the roleplay thread was up, like I said, I think that may have been my fault, so it's cool, but I want to know your posting status so I can check on everyone and make sure this thread stays active :)
blorg

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#54 Post by Lief »

I should have a post up tonight or tomorrow morning? At least I want to try and get one up before I move.

Mal

#55 Post by Mal »

Okay, awesome!
blorg

Phaing
Master

#56 Post by Phaing »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Hold the phone, is magic a thing, or are you talking about the smoke and mirror hypnosis stuff we do today? I hope you don't mean she has some sort of personality cycling, that wouldn't be healthy at all.
Healthy or not, it would be a boon to the resistance worth the risk.... but it was just a suggestion.

I'll leave it open, or up to Mal.
The other player Chars can try and convince her to come around the nice way, or try a snatch & grab, or pull a con-game on her. It's role-play, as far as I'm concerned anything goes! :wink:

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#57 Post by Lief »

Lief wrote:I should have a post up tonight or tomorrow morning? At least I want to try and get one up before I move.
Uhm. It slipped my mind. Not gonna have a lot of time tonight/Wednesday morning but I'll get a post up before bed for sure.

EDIT: [censored] everything I got home two and a half hours later than I'd planned. Post Friday or on my phone or some-[censored]-thing.

If necessary, go on without me. Robin can be late to the meeting or something, it's all good.

Mal

#58 Post by Mal »

I would say leave it open, Phaing.
As for everyone else, it looks like some of those who signed up are not planning on posting, and have yet to respond about the thread. Anyway, everyone who is active has my permission to move on with the plot and we can have them catch up later.
The person applying for Vallai has decided they have too many things on their hands right now and cannot complete the form like they thought, so I'll just do npc stuff with him.
blorg

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#59 Post by Lief »

I still plan on posting eventually here, I dunno why nobody else is?

Hopefully I'll get a post up in the next couple days. Things are finally starting to calm down a little after the move.

Mal

#60 Post by Mal »

I'm not really sure either, although my theory is most of the people who signed up lost interest. Take as long as you need! I know the stress that comes with moving, and it's perfectly fine. I'm just glad you're participating :)

I say for those who might have been waiting to post until someone replied that was a little bit less active to just go ahead and post, and we'll move on without those who seem to be ignoring the thread. If they decide they do want to roleplay after all, they're perfectly welcome to, but they're going to have to catch up on their own. We've already waited about a week, so I'm not holding up any longer. I'm going to post to move the plot along, and the five or six people who seem to be actually active can continue as they were going to.
blorg