Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Mal

Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

#1 Post by Mal »

'Allo! I'm Mal. As it says, this is the sign-ups, plot, discussion, and rules for my little roleplay I named Star Sailing. Please read through all of it (I know there's a lot of words ((You can do it!)), so if you haven't decided whether or not you want to do it you can skip all the sign-up info stuff) before deciding whether or not you want to try it out. The story's a little rough right now (mostly because I made it up on the spot) but I think it would be fun, and we can always change the course of the story if need be.
UPDATE: Unless someone decides not to put up a character after all, I don't need anyone else.

[ P L O T ]
Ilya's world/universe runs on a parallel course to that of Twokinds; namely, it is a world in which furries and humans coexist. (It's actually based off a comic I plan to launch sometime into the future when I have more time on my hands to create strips regularly and I have some strips built. As yet I only have one)
-Quick Overview: Humans found a planet that was inhabitable, and sent a droid to explore, only to find several anthropomorphic species with highly developed societies and their own languages living there already. They are a mostly peaceful breed, and each species coexists in (for the most part) harmony. Except that humans suck with harmony, and they started instigating feuds and the like as soon as they started to inhabit the planet. Some of the furries went to live on Earth, some humans came to live on their planet, named Shaion. The humans brought with them sci-fi type technology, industrializing the furry civilization from that of one based of agriculture and peace to one based off of technology and war tactics. Fun Fact: Humans in this universe ruin things even worse than humans in our universe.
So anyway, Ilya is a bubbly, caring, athletic Saru who lives in her village peacefully. However, on a trip to a nearby city for market goods with her family, she is stolen away by a tech-savvy Esira, only to find out that, due to her athleticism, she has been picked to help this strange Esira be rid of the humans currently destroying his home village's government. She is introduced to a motley band of various species, hand-chosen by Vallai (pronounced vall-ay), the Esira, to help him. They are offered rewards for their trouble, their relations are notified of their leave-of-absence, and they are on their way into a great adventure.

[ R U L E S ]
~Obviously, follow the forum's basic rules.
~ON LANGUAGE: I don't mind cussing, in fact I have a tendency to cuss quite heavily. However, I feel it is best to keep the potty mouth stuff to a minimum. I don't mind things like [censored], damn, [censored], [censored], or variations on such, but I'd rather the f-bomb be dropped to very little usage. If you really want to use it, I have a word for it in the Kev-chak's language.
~No sex scenes, kissing and making out and cuddles and things are fine, but past which I don't really want here as romance isn't a main storyline and that can make people uncomfortable.
~Please use good grammar and try to make your posts, at the very least, three-five sentences. If you can do more, by all means, do more.
~I have created a basic text of words from the Kev-chak language. If you want to use it, I can put the link in here (I think that's okay because it's just a google doc used for referencing). If that's not okay, just ask what I or someone else meant. If you want to know a word not on the document, whether to use it yourself or because you saw someone use it and don't know what it meant, again, just ask. If you use a word, try to remember to say somewhere, either in parenthesis, an ooc note, or just at the end of your text what it means. Not required, it just makes it easier on those who are too lazy to ask XD
~PLEASE no 'you'll find out' or 'she/he doesn't like to talk about it' in your sign-ups; the characters don't know all the stuff on the sign-up sheet, but I should, and other should too.
~I think that's it, hope you enjoy!

[ R A C E S ]
Humans (Homo sapiens): Pretty basic- us, just in an alternate universe and even worse muck-ups than normal.
Saru (Anthropomorphus felis): Anthro cats. Can include any cat species, from the basic house cat (Shorthairs, Persians, Chartreux, Bombays, Somalis, etc.) to wild cats (Ocelots, Lions, Cougars, Lynxes, Caracals, etc.). Typically extra agile and fast, height non-specific. Live in savannahs, forests, deserts, and really every biome except for wetlands and ocean. (Pronounced sahr-ooh).
Esira (Anthropomorphus canis): Anthro wolf/dog species. Includes species of dog, wolf, and fox, or hyenas. Typically the dogs are more friendly and the wolves/foxes are more cunning. Tendency to be short, however, in comparison, dogs are naturally taller/thicker than wolves or foxes. Live in forests, savannahs. (Pronounced ess-ear-ah).
[censored] (Anthropomorphus serpentium): Anthro reptile species. Includes any species of snake, lizard, or other reptiles. Tend to be slender, although this is not a solid rule; there can be chubby/stocky Ashits. Typically keep to themselves; very few friendly Ashits. Tend to reside in forest, wetlands, oceanic environments. (Pronounced ah-sheets).
Laris (Anthropomorphus avium): Anthro bird species. Includes any species of bird, including birds of prey and prey birds. Built with wings out from shoulderblades, still have arms/hands. Typically pretty tall and slender. Tend to be chatty and friendly. A tendency to live in mountainous areas, forests, anywhere up high. (Pronounced lair-ees).
Sharkus (Anthropomorphus reliquum): Any other anthro species. These are not as common as the other kinds, and so tend to be a minority. They are not ashamed of this, and pride themselves on being able to find common traits in such a wide diversity of species. The MOST common of species. Live basically anywhere. (Pronounced shark-ooss).

[ N O T E S ]
~Yes, I understand there are some weird plot holes in my plot summary. However, I said at the top, I made up most of that of the top of my head. I wanted to play around with the characteristics of the universe I've created, and a roleplay seemed like the perfect way to do that; testing with others is so much more fun! Plus, again, I said this at the top, we can always change the course of the plot. Perhaps they all initially agree to Vallai's proposal but then some of them decide they want to leave. Perhaps they send a friend in their place (if you got tired of your character, for instance). Perhaps the humans weren't the ones ruining the government but now Vallai's team has turned the others against the humans and they must change sides and save the ambassadors. I dunno! That's what plot discussion is for! I'm open to any ideas on how to make this more fun. Also, if you have any suggestions for how to make the comic universe in itself better, that's also welcome and accepted.
~Language Used In This Post
-Kev'chak: Referencing the title that generalizes all of the anthropomorphic species living on Shaion. Self-named by the Kev'chak.
-Esira: Anthropomorphic animal with features resembling that of a dog/wolf's.
-Saru: Anthropomorphic animal with features resembling that of a cat/wild cat's.
-Shaion: Name for the Kev'chak's home planet. Means the 'Great Provider.'
~As another plot thing, we could also create a side story about a group of anthropomorphic species and how they fare on Earth.
~Google Translate was used to create the species names, so some of it may be inaccurate translations, and yes, I know, anthropomorphous sounds like I just made up a latin-sounding ending for the same word, but remember, a lot of English words are rooted in latin. That's what I got when I looked it up.
~I realize the reptile anthro species name sounds and looks like 'ah [censored],' but isn't that what you say when you see a snake? (haha just kidding that was an accident and I'm too lazy to change it- plus I still like it, even if it does sound weird).
~The Kev'chak gave themselves their scientific names using information from the first human ambassadors. Since they still don't quite get the classification system, and the humans gave up trying to explain it to them, their names are not as specific as our classifications are.

[ S I G N - U P S H E E T ]

Code: Select all

No current form as I am not currently accepting applicants
[ R E L A T I O N S H I P S ]
[name] :heart: [name] means they are dating
[name] --> [name] means the first person has a crush on the second person
[name] <--> [name] means they both like each other
[name] <~~> [name] means they both like each other but don't know the other likes them
[name] --- [name] means they are siblings
[name] -/- [name] means they are adoptive/foster/step-siblings

[ C H A R A C T E R S ]
Ilya aur Paranuey {Female, Bisexual} ~Mal
Hamish Saxon {Male, Heterosexual) ~The Rookie
Lucille Reil {Female, Bisexual} ~y7h65
Jorran Sheng {Male, Heterosexual} ~kiabugboy
Alistair av-Nieda {Male, Heterosexual} ~myperson54
Kira Vayner {Female, Undecided} ~Stryder221
Robin Ward {Female, Demisexual} ~Lief

[ C H A R A C T E R P R O F I L E S ]
You can use these as examples, if need be, or just to review traits of your/someone else's character.
Spoiler!
Name: Ilya aur Paranuey
Pronunciation Of Name: Eell-yuh oor Pair-ah-nway
Species: Saru
Specific Animal: Mixed Breed: Snow Leopard/Ocelot
Sexuality: Bisexual
Positive Personality Traits:
-Cheerful and Optimistic
-Good sense of humour
-Friendly
-Finds the good in basically anything
Negative Personality Traits :
-Stubborn
-Irresponsible
-Can be rather violent to those she believes are being unjust/creeps
-Flighty
-Impulsive/Rash
Personality Summary: Ilya is easy to get along with. She loves people and is extremely outgoing. Ilya makes friends no matter where she goes, and has the traits for an amazing salesman. She loves to laugh, and can put a smile on almost anyone. She is loyal to a fault, in which she sticks by those she feels deserve or need friendship; however, she isn't always there when you need her, and will often disappear on various adventures. She acts on impulse, and while sometimes this split-decision making can help the situation, most of the time she just worries/hurts other people. This also gives her a tendency to get into fights a lot; she has strict morals and upholds those religiously. When she decides something, no one can persuade her to change her mind, unless you know the trick; convince her that her idea was actually what you want her to believe and not what she is set on.
Appearance Summary: Ilya has gray fur with darker gray ocelot-pattern-like spots, that darken to black spots as they move downward her body. She has a short body, mostly taken up by lengthy runner's legs. She doesn't look like much, but she is stronger than she looks, and has been known to break noses, legs, arms, and basically any bone that wouldn't mortally wound someone. Her eyes are a shining hazel, with flecks of blue that tend to stand out during twilight. Her tail is fluffy but ends halfway in a stub- she lost half of it in a fight. Ilya would be much prettier if not marred by this and other scars, including a torn ear and a cheek scratch. Her hair is long, and often swings down just past her shoulders in a ponytail held up by stretchy vines.
Physical Attributes:
-Short
-Lithe
-Fast
-Agile
-Strong
-Scarred
Attracted To:
~Shorter than her/about her height
~Green eyes
~Tendency to prefer Esira, [censored], or Laris over her own kind
~Especially likes Larii and Ashits.
~Darker skin
~Sour attitudes
~Prickly people
~Scent of moroccan oil
Not Attracted To:
~Super tall
~Overly muscular
~Saru
~People that have a tendency to be as cheerful as her- almost an automatic 'friendzone'
~Flowery scents
Reason For Joining Vallai: Ilya loves adventure! She gets bored easily, and this sounded like a fun and just cause.
Any Weapons: Most Saru go weaponless, but Ilya carries around a bow staff her father carved for her, both for fighting and walking.
Brief History: Ilya was born in a pretty small, boring Saru village. Her mother wanted to marry her off, but her father was more freeform about it, thankfully, because she didn't like any of the boys in the village. There was one girl she was attracted to, but it was a Laris, and only lived there temporarily. When Ilya was about twelve, her father died in a wildfire that destroyed half the village. After this, her mother almost got her way, and tried to marry her off to her best friend, who she wasn't attracted to at all, but who loved her. Unable to bear with this, as she had always followed her father's rule of 'marry who you want, not who you need,' she ran off, and it took her several years to come back. Her mother dropped the subject after she reappeared, and she has lived a 'normal' life since, with a little brother and older sister. She doesn't talk much about her family, and doesn't stay home often.
Speech Color: "You little fek-zeh!"
Extra: Most Saru tend to live with their families until they marry, especially in smaller villages. Ilya plans to move away as soon as she gains enough money, however.
Spoiler!
Name: Hamish Saxon

Pronunciation Of Name: Hay-Mish Sax-On

Species Name: Human

Race: Northern European descent

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

• Kind.
• Brave.
• Passionate
• Trustworthy

• Self doubting
• Slightly distrusting of new acquaintances
• Can be overly aggressive in combat.

Personality Summary:
Hamish is generally a likeable person by those who know him well. Often very kind to those he holds closest, and is willing to almost anything to protect his friends and family.
Unfortunately, this is also one of Hamish’s greatest flaws. In his pursuit to protect those he cares for, he can be rather cruel and utterly uncaring to those who would threaten them. Something he tends to look back on with regret.
Despite being a human on Shaion, Hamish holds no great loyalty to Earth. Instead, he fights to protect his home colony. A rather independent collection of settlers who’d rather spend their days farming and cultivating their land, than getting involved in the politics of this world.

Appearance:
Hamish isn’t all that different from most humans. He is Northern European in appearance, standing at 6ft tall with blue eyes and short blond hair. He’s physically toned, but not visually muscular.
He tends to spend most of his time in his standard light armoured gear, comprised of a standard soft layer of durable fabrics with second layer of heavier ballistic plating on his chest, shoulders and shins.

Physical Attributes:
• Fast
• Agile
• Strong
• Enduring

Attracted To:
• Primarily human girls, but the occasional Esira or Saru may catch his eye.
• Prefers cute features
• Intelligent
• Likes witty ones who know how to throw a verbal punch once in a while.
• Similarly minded when it comes to humour.

Not Attracted To:
• Butch/Muscular girls
• Can’t stand someone who can’t hold a conversation
• Has no interest in [censored], Laris or most Sharkus.

Reason For Joining Vallai: Wants to help stop the Earth's attempted manipulation of the free peoples of Shaion. Human and local alike.

Any Weapons: Standard issue Colonial Bullpup rapid fire security rifle (BSR for short.), a secondary silenced semi auto hand gun and an old fashioned knife.

Brief History:
Hamish was born and raised in the human frontier colony of Baldr. At age 18, Hamish was accepted into Baldr’s security forces and graduated 9 months later with the rank of corporal.
For the next two years, Hamish would guard the settlements permitters, assist in the transport of goods between colonies and the indigenous peoples and act as local law enforcement when ever needed.
He loved his life, but then something happened to change everything. During a drugs bust of a high up Earthling business man, Hamish came across a series of damning files that proved the elements of the Earth government had been sent to Shaion to destabilise the local governments of independent colonies and the indigenous population alike. To what ends he couldn’t say.
When he approached his superiors with this news, they simply brushed it off as a conspiracy theory, and threatened that if he pushed further there would be consequences.
Unsure of whom he could trust, Hamish abandoned his post the following evening with plenty of food, ammo and water to make it to one of the nearby indigenous cities, in an attempt to find others who shared his cause.

Speech Color: “I’m thinking..... Purple.”

Extra: Terrified of spiders.
Spoiler!
Name:
Lucille Riel

Pronunciation Of Name:
Loo-Seal Ree-el

Species Name:
Human

Ethnicity:
French-Canadian

Sexuality:
Bisexual

- Confident "Ha! I look at your works, your so called superior equipment and training, and I spit on them! And I'd do a lot worse if there weren't kids watching!
- Cool Under Pressure Hey! It's only another twenty five meters till we're over the cliff! And, oh, a half minute before that flash flood passes through here. Keep it moving!
- Roundabout Honesty: "That shirt brings out the worse in your appearances. Wear that one instead."

- Brash: "No, [censored] you!"
- More likely to lie than to tell the truth: "Look, I'm just telling you that flying air sharks are completely a danger that I've faced before."
- Easily Angered: "You want rash!? Let me show you rash!"
- Headstrong "[censored] this stupid deal! If you want diplomacy then I'm switching to big stick diplomacy!"

Personality Summary:
Lucille is a massive [censored] and not afraid to remind everyone around her of that fact, whether it is by getting into scuffles, getting too serious about friendly competitions, or her constant butting of heads with the world. At the same time, she can be relied on to react and act in serious situations and to make the hard choices when they show themselves. She has a secret love for both old horror stories and pulpy romance novels.

She does have a thing about respecting those that deserve it and those that earn this respect can expect to gain a stalwart companion who isn't afraid or above telling you when she thinks you're doing wrong. However, her exact criteria is either completely random or put together from multiple inconsequential things. So far, she seems to respect those who can stand up to her, are able to bake a perfect souffle, know how to break a rack on their first try, or is capable of explaining the rules of Arkham Horror without having to use the rulebook or reference guide.

Appearance:
Stands at about 5'4". Constantly smells of gunpowder, tobacco, and lilacs. She's visibly muscular and has defined abs but most of her clothing tends to cover that. She actually prefers to keep her hair shoulder length despite how inconvenient it is and takes great measures to keep it in good condition.

Clothing wise, she seems to be carrying a half dozen different camoflauge jackets and pants; all of a different pattern. All of them are stained with oil and small burns from what appears to be cigarette ash. Her 'armor' is actually just standard anti-impact elbow and kneepads with a Type-III plate carrier. Even less protective than the lightest of the Colonial Military gear but lighter, more comfortable, and also more easily repaired/macgyvered when damaged.

She also wears a medium-large backpack which contains a wide variety of items. The most prominent of these are two weapons maintenance kits, a foil blanket, several cartons of cigarettes, waterproof matches, normal matches, clothing patching kits, a three month supply of at least two different types of haircare product, and a solar-charging datapad filled with classic horror, horror, and trashy romance novels; as well as both the rulebook and reference guide for Arkham Horror 2nd Edition.

Physical Attributes:(Where each + would indicate a significant increase over average, and vice versa for -)
- Agility(++)
- Dexterity(++)
- Strength(+)
- Endurance(+)

Attracted To:
- People who are able to challenge her
- Displays of expertise
- People who know where they stand
- Pun-ishers
- Dark Humor

Not Attracted To:
- True Cowardice
- False Presentations of Self
- Indecisiveness
- Being wish-washy
- The English

Reason For Joining Vallai:
To anyone who asks, Lucille will tell them that she is here to help the fight against the current colonial powers and that she is a wanted anarchist back on Earth who's wanted for trying to stand up for the little guys.

Her true reason is to act as a sort of scouts and voyageur for criminal elements back on Earth, verifying what resources could be exported and what resources could be imported. After all, a new world still being developed by the major powers with a semi-reliance on human technology? One that already has a distaste for the major powers? That's too good a target audience for any respecting criminal group to ignore.

Any Weapons:
Bullpup Battle Rifle
- A Bullpup Battle Rifle chambered in 338-06 and equipped with an Elcan Specter sight, this weapon is extremely weather-worn and has signs of both heavy use and tender care. One thing its appearance won't tell you is the rather high reliability of this weapon.

Revolver
- A double action-only revolver chambered for .357 Magnum, this little piece is rather sleek and reliable weapon. Although much more recently manufactured than the antique battle rifle Lucille also uses, this piece is known among gun aficionados for solid construction and reliable mechanisms.

Machete
- Kept over the left shoulder and about half a meter in total length, the machete is the answer to a universal problem: what do you use when you need something more threatening than a knife but not as lethal as a gun?

Disguised Sap Gloves
- They're pretty standard sap gloves, though they have been made in a way that makes them look more like bulky gloves rather than sap gloves. They are notably made with a synthetic knife proof material.

Brief History:
Lucille frequently sticks to the story that she tells everyone when asked about her past: she was a poor orphan street child who grew up on the streets in East Europe who did what she had to do to survive. Bad friends and timing would see that she would find herself participate and survive a short-lived lower class uprising, one which fueled her desire to overthrow the corrupt governments of the world. Her fight for freedom has carried her throughout the world and worlds and now it has guided her to Shaion, where the next fight for freedom will be.

This is a load of lies. In reality, Lucille is actually a freelance Acadian mercenary and voyageur who is currently contracted to a rather notorious cartel as an enforcer and explorer. She grew up in a decidedly lower class family but was most decidedly not a poor orphan street child and while she did what she had to do to survive; that mostly involved joining the military as a Ranger and then being dishonorably discharged for desecrating corpses. Her current job on Shaion is to help topple the human government so an even more insidious group will have freedom to operate on the planet. But that will have to wait until after the current government is gone.

Speech Color:
"Why am I helping? Ha! Don't make me come up with a story right now. Let's just say the first hit's free, mmmkay?"

Extra:
Lucille is what many would consider a light smoker, generally going through about five cigarettes a day when relatively stressed. As a result of this and the general remoteness of her job, she has a rather hilarious amount of cigarettes with her. At least one of her magazine pouches are actually filled with several soft-packs of cigarettes. She prefers Du Maurier Signatures but will smoke anything if needed. Unless they're methanol. She'd rather go cold turkey than smoke methanols.

She seriously hates the English. This needs to be stressed.
Spoiler!
Name: jorran sheng
Pronunciation Of Name:jorr-un sheng
Species Name: [censored]
Specific Animal:water monitor lizard (varanus salvator)
Sexuality: heterosexual

-loyal to his allies
-avoids violence unless forced to
-calm and collected during stressful situations, nerve of steel

-he doesn't show much emotions even though he still has one
-he dislikes inovation and quick to judge anything that isn't the old way of life, because this, he's not very tech-savy and can't perform basic tasks like changing a battery
-english no very good
Personality Summary: jorran's lack of visible emotions can be unsettling at times. but he is very concerned towards the well being of his allies and will protect them at all cost. he values traditional ways of life and dislikes advanced technology.
he is very attuned to nature and sees all of the races beside the humans as being part of the balance of life. he speaks through his actions and use minimal words.

Appearance:
Physical Attributes: (Where each + would indicate a significant increase over average, and vice versa for -)
-Endurance(+)
-Dexterity
-Strength(+)
-Height(+)
-Amphibious(+) (well he's a water monitor)
-Agility(++)

Attracted To:
-polite manners
-calmness
-saru and esiran culture as he sees them as equally peaceful and oppressed

Not Attracted To:
-human's confusing technology
-he doesn't have a blood thirst for humans and want all of them to die or anything. but he does find them to be pretty annoying and greedy
-brashness
-hot-headed people who talk too much
-brute force

Reason For Joining Vallai: jorran usually doesn't care about some 'weird races politics' but after vallai taught him about the humans , he sees them as a threat to his people. so he wants to help vallai drive this people away, further from his home

weapons: jorran carries a primitive canon with him. it's not like a huge bazooka or somethin'. it's more like those ancient canons that the chinese people used but more slender like a rifle. jorran uses his tail like a third arm to light up the stick that he uses to fire the gunpowder based weapon.

Brief History: Jorran was a noble fighter of his people (i imagine his people's culture to have oriental characteristics like the chinese culture or mongolians) before he had made a strategic mistake during a hunt that led to the deaths of his ally. Because of this, he was banished from his society so he spent his life wandering from town to town. He could've used his agility and endurance to turn into a life of stealing but he refused to and instead chose a humble life. he wanders aimlessly throughout his life. that is, until he met an esiran by the name of vallai and learned about the human's way of 'establishing peace'. Troubled by the fact that vallai's village is one of the few places that stands between the humans and his village. He fears that the humans would corrupt his people's way of life with their 'metal houses' and 'fire weapons'. ( i imagine vallai's village to be like the few remaining villages that haven't been under the human's interest)

Speech Color: "human home make me confuse. at night, too many lights, very bright, no trees so no one can climb. i not understand. Human fire weapon very strong but also make me confuse, many buttons, many lights.
[censored] fire weapon, you only put fire in, shoot straight away."
Spoiler!
Name: Kira Vayner.

Pronunciation: "Kee-Rah Vay-ner"

Species: Human.

Specific Race: Caucasian.

Sexuality: Undecided. Nothing's really sparked her interest.

Positive Traits:
-Pragmatic.
-Unflinching, hard to shake up.
-Okay sense of humor.
-Difficult to surprise.
-Somewhat caring.

Negative Traits:
-Pessimistic, would rather be surprised than disappointed.
-Not very friendly, due to a lack of trust.
-Suffers from anxiety, with the occasional attack.
-Could be called paranoid.
-Doesn't like being touched.
-Can be quite merciless.
-She only picked up on the Kev'chak's language just to swear a bit more creatively with it.

Appearance: Kira is a pretty small girl, only at about 5'3 with a small build to go with it, though her often physical line of work has built her up somewhat. With gray eyes, short brown hair, a small chest that she is actively trying to keep binded, and an overall casual attire, she has an appearance that could be easily overlooked or dismissed as unimportant.

Personality Summary: Kira isn't the easiest person to get along with. Not by a long shot. She can be rude and abrasive, but more often than not she just plain doesn't speak to other people unless it's necessary.
Sadly, she has incredible difficulties bringing herself to rely on others due to, or perhaps because of, this mentality.

Physical Attributes:
-Short.
-Athletic.
-Agile & Dexterous
-Surprisingly strong.

Attracted to:
-Has shown interest in the Saru and Esira.
-Tougher individuals.
-Someone who can at least fight.

NOT attracted to:
-[censored] and Laris species. They have a slight tendency to weird her out. Sharkus is an unknown.
-An excessive "goody-two-shoes" attitude.

Reasons for Joining Vallai: A chance to pay off her debts and go back to a normal life. Also, money.

Any weapons: An easily concealed machine-pistol modeled after a Beretta 93R, accompanied by a suppressor. Also carries a pair of hidden knives at her wrists under the shirt. [NOT to be confused with hidden blades.]

Brief History: Kira's life had been uneventful for the most part. Loving parents, albeit somewhat questionable, and a happy life on earth until about 17. That was about the point it was made known that her family owed a considerable sum of money to the wrong sort of individuals in the criminal underworld. Money that tended to have massive interest attached to it.

They were unable to pay, and Kira had been taken from them as collateral. Before long, though, the girl had been offered a deal. Stay a hostage, or work off the debt through other means, at which point the gang would stop bugging her family while she worked. And by other means, I mean as a gunman.
It was a bad deal with some incredibly vague terms, but Kira didn't see much other choice in the matter. And thus began four years of Kira's life as a hardening criminal. After a few small activities where she seemed to have performed incredibly well by criminal standards, her newly discovered skills were requested elsewhere, on a whole 'nother planet altogether.

Business as usual for a while, she picked up a few choice phrases, and after a while she even found herself working bodyguard for a pretty loaded businessman in Baldr. Well, at least until the idiot got himself busted.
There was little else she could do besides run for it at that point. Without any work to speak of, she used what money she had in order to travel elsewhere. The rest is pretty much history at this point.

Speech Color: "How do they say... Ah, Savi a ti, ti vichi?"

Extra: An intense dislike of insects in general. Especially those with stingers.
Spoiler!
Name: Alistair av-Neida
Pronunciation Of Name: /'æ.lɪs.tɜjr/
Specific Animal: Snake
Sexuality: Straight

Coldblooded = cool-headed: Alistair keeps his cool in most situations; he's not a featureless rock, but he isn't the type to actually get upset at most things. "Accepting" might describe the way he seems much of the time.
Tongue of gold: Alistair is a smooth-talker. Incredibly witty, genuine and jovial to most, he's capable of becoming seemingly anyone's best friend with a word. Get it? Cause he's a snake.
Orderly: Alistair follows the rules and doesn't tend to vocalize issues unless they're pressing. He's quite tidy and organized.

Self-serving: As much as Alistair puts on an air of generosity, he's occasionally willing to take advantage of others to do his work for him. If he can get someone else to take the fall so he can succeed, he may very well use that opportunity. Not out of malice, mind you, but out of self-preservation.
Carefree: On occasion, he can actually be a tad too aloof for the situation, much to the annoyance of his comrades.
Introverted: This isn't really a negative trait (lord knows I'm introverted myself), but it means he often marches slithers to the beat of his own drum.

Personality Summary: Alistair is much the opposite of his adoptive sister; whereas she tends to come off as abrasive and rude, he's calmer and less prone to social blunders. His calm demeanor and generally personable attitude, although genuine, reflects self-preservation rather than true altruism.

Appearance: Alistair has a relatively lean upper frame, supported by even leaner coils of scale and muscle. Although he's of average height normally, his slithering stature allows him to grow or shrink as the situation deems necessary, and he can wrap around objects using his elongated tail. Sadly, he suffers from the issues that all snakes do: His low cardio-respiratory-to-body-mass ratio means that his endurance is lower than average, not to mention lower energy overall from being coldblooded. Although life on Shaion has toned him for physical activity, he still remains below-average in terms of strength. His horns and claws are generally dulled or trimmed; he can use them in combat, but prefers not to.

Physical Attributes:
- Weight: 280lbs
- Height: 5'10' at normal inclination, (6'9" extended)
- Length (full): 13'5"

- Dexterity (++)
- Charisma (++)
- Agility (+)
- Intelligence (+)
- Coldblooded
- Strength (-)
- Endurance (-)

Attracted To:
- Intelligence, cleverness
- Patience
- Feathers

Not Attracted To:
- Humans, Saru, or Esira
- Arrogance, brashness

Reason For Joining Vallai: Mainly, to accompany his adoptive sister Fora and keep her out of trouble. He's also admittedly a tad curious to know more about Humanity, but he's concerned that Fora's obsessive attitude towards the Humans might get her and the rest of this motley crew hurt.

Any Weapons: A simple human handgun and a knife.

Brief History: Alistair was adopted into his current family when he was incredibly young. Although he always knew he was different from his sister, Fora, he never attached any real significance to that fact. In fact, he fit into his new family of innovators incredibly well, using his natural intelligence to explore and examine the natural world around him; this attitude is all that kept him from hating the humans, even though his entire life he'd been told they were awful. He sees their promises, but is more skeptical than his sister as to their value.

Speech Color: "All's fair in love and war. That's how it goes, right?"

Extra: N/A
Spoiler!
Name: Robin Ward
Pronunciation Of Name: RAH-bin WAHRD
Species Name: Saru
Specific Animal: Snow Leopard
Sexuality: Demisexual

-Optimistic "I'll have you fixed up in no time, stop worrying!"
-Helpful "I can't just stand by and watch, I'd get bored."
-Undaunted "Retreat, hell!"

Negative Personality Traits:
-Stubborn "I'll keep fixing it even if it breaks down every five minutes!"
-Overly Curious "Hey, what's this button do? Should I have pushed it?"
-Gullible "Air sharks?! I want one!"

Personality Summary: (A/N: I hate these things. Do I really have to?)

Appearance: Robin stands at around 5'8" with a lithe figure, though she isn't totally devoid of muscle or curves. She has green eyes and light brown(?) hair which is kept short. Her tail is surprisingly thin for a snow leopard, but it still has an appreciable amount of fluff to it. She has a scar running across the left-front of her throat where the fur hasn't filled in. Not easily noticeable but still there. As well, she has several burn scars on her torso, most of which have filled in with fur but remain visible.

Her standard attire consists of a reddish-brown vest and dark slate gray fatigue pants with sewn-in knee guards. Robin happens to be one of the sub-sub-species of anthromorphus that is plantigrade, and thus requires footwear. Her most common choice is a pair of well-worn dark brown combat boots. She also tends to wear a pair of black synthetic gloves, notably cut and stab-resistant. On rare occasions she has been seen wearing a black newsboy cap. Who knows where she keeps it, though.

Robin's equipment includes a leather gunbelt, complete with holster, magazine pouch, miscellaneous item pouch and canteen (Or whatever) clip. The latter-most hangs off the belt on the left side, slightly behind the item pouch. The holster and magazine pouch are on the right side. She carries a canvas satchel loaded with a small variety of mechanical, medical, and electrical tools, as well as other odds'n'ends. Also, she carries a pair of goggles with orange lenses that, while obviously well taken care of, have seen many repairs.

Physical Attributes:
Height: 5'8"/1.72M
Weight: 120lbs/54.4kg

Dexterity(+++)
Agility(++)
Endurance(+) [Although she functions extremely well with little or no sleep, even over prolonged periods.]
Strength(~)
Height(~?)

Attracted To:
-Wit
-Humor
-Strength of Will
-Kindness
-Strange/unusual/uncommon attributes (Not really a turn-on, just something that piques her curiosity.)

Not Attracted To:
-Antagonism
-Apathy (In a general sense- There's no need to care about /everything/, of course.)
-Selfishness
-Basically everything appearance-related. (More in a "This does nothing for me" kind of way than an actual turn-off.)

Reason For Joining Vallai: Having been raised by humans, Robin has a greater understanding of them and their motives than many. She sympathizes with both sides, but ultimately agrees that the humans need to be kept in check. She decided to go along with Vallai both to help him and to try and prevent any extreme actions against the humans.

Any Weapons: A semi-automatic handgun of relatively modern design. Chambered in 6.2x25mm it has... Odd but successful ballistics. 18-round magazine, plus one in the chamber. While there is a suppressor available for it, Robin does not have one. (Robin has a total of three magazines, one in the gun and two on her belt. She has spare ammunition in her satchel as well.)

Also a combat/utility knife kept on the back of her belt. 81/2" overall length, 5" blade.

Interestingly, Robin also has two boot knives. Spring-loaded knife blades that, when triggered with a specific type of pressure, flips out to the toe of the boot, adding a bit of lethality to kicks.

Brief History: Orphaned at a (relatively) young age, Robin was adopted and raised by a human couple. This afforded her certain amenities as well as access to technology not otherwise available to the anthromorphus population at large. As a downside, she had little contact with others of her own species, and thus feels closer to humans than her own kind. She overall enjoyed life with her human parents, but felt the need to go and do her own thing after a while. She picked up some combat training from her mother, medical from her father, and headed out. Along her travels she also picked up some mechanical and electrical experience.

Speech Color: "Hey, look, it's the same color as my pants!"

Extra: Due to a prior injury she is loathsome to talk about, Robin is actually mute. Vocal cords damaged beyond repair. She has a device implanted in her throat that replicates functioning vocal cords, giving her the ability to speak, albeit with a slightly modulated tone. Unfortunately the device is quite sensitive and has been known to short out for little to no reason. In this event Robin knows sign language, although expects to have to use vague gestures and written word to actually communicate with most.

Robin was a big fan of classic war movies growing up. Still is, she's just seen most of them by now. She also enjoys upbeat Jazz music.

She has an innate affinity for all things mechanical, electrical, or medical. She's a "fixer", as her mother would say. If it's broke, she can probably fix it. And if she can't, it probably can't be fixed at all.
Link to Roleplay: Link!
Link to Language Doc: Link!
Link to Universe Overview: Will be posted upon completion.

[ E X A M P L E S O F A P P E A R A N C E ]
Spoiler!
Not sure why some images are larger than others. I drew all of these for the universe/comic, so these are real characters (which means please don't use these as characters, it's just to give you an idea of what anthros in this universe look like)
blorg

Transient Truth
Traveler

Re: Star Sailing {Sign-Ups, Plot, Rules, Discussion}{NSFW, Language}

#2 Post by Transient Truth »

This seems to be another promising RP...
*sigh* I think I will join this RP as well. But please, don't expect me to be too active. I believe I'm already participating in two ongoing RPs and I don't really have time to churn out a lot of posts.
Anyway. Will send a character sheet soon.
Also, may I also have the link to the document regarding the language?
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Mal

#3 Post by Mal »

I'm cool with not being active all the time, as long as it's not everybody doing it and as long as you don't post only once a month or something crazy like that :3
Link!
By the way, my profile picture can give anyone who needs it an indication of what the Ashits tend to look like- except in body build. She's one of the exceptions where she is a bit on the stockier side.
UPDATE: New thing on the form; speech color.
blorg

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I'm tentatively interested, but if other folks get the spots ahead of me, that's totally fine.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#5 Post by Myperson54 »

Spoiler!
Name: Alistair av-Neida
Pronunciation Of Name: /'æ.lɪs.tɜjr/
Specific Animal: Snake
Sexuality: Straight

- Coldblooded = cool-headed: Alistair keeps his cool in most situations; he's not a featureless rock, but he isn't the type to actually get upset at most things. "Accepting" might describe the way he seems much of the time.
- Tongue of gold: Alistair is a smooth-talker. Incredibly witty, genuine and jovial to most, he's capable of becoming seemingly anyone's best friend with a word. Get it? Cause he's a snake.
- Orderly: Alistair follows the rules and doesn't tend to vocalize issues unless they're pressing. He's quite tidy and organized.

- Self-serving: As much as Alistair puts on an air of generosity, he's occasionally willing to take advantage of others to do his work for him. If he can get someone else to take the fall so he can succeed, he may very well use that opportunity. Not out of malice, mind you, but out of self-preservation.
- Carefree: On occasion, he can actually be a tad too aloof for the situation, much to the annoyance of his comrades.
- Introverted: This isn't really a negative trait (lord knows I'm introverted myself), but it means he often marches slithers to the beat of his own drum.

Personality Summary: Alistair is much the opposite of his adoptive sister; whereas she tends to come off as abrasive and rude, he's calmer and less prone to social blunders. His calm demeanor and generally personable attitude, although genuine, reflects self-preservation rather than true altruism.

Appearance: Alistair has a relatively lean upper frame, supported by even leaner coils of scale and muscle. Although he's of average height normally, his slithering stature allows him to grow or shrink as the situation deems necessary, and he can wrap around objects using his elongated tail. Sadly, he suffers from the issues that all snakes do: His low cardio-respiratory-to-body-mass ratio means that his endurance is lower than average, not to mention lower energy overall from being coldblooded. Although life on Shaion has toned him for physical activity, he still remains below-average in terms of strength. His horns and claws are generally dulled or trimmed; he can use them in combat, but prefers not to.

Physical Attributes:
- Weight: 280lbs
- Height: 5'10' at normal inclination, (6'9" extended)
- Length (full): 13'5"

- Dexterity (++)
- Charisma (++)
- Agility (+)
- Intelligence (+)
- Coldblooded
- Strength (-)
- Endurance (-)

Attracted To:
- Intelligence, cleverness
- Patience
- Feathers

Not Attracted To:
- Humans, Saru, or Esira
- Arrogance, brashness

Reason For Joining Vallai: Mainly, to accompany his adoptive sister Fora and keep her out of trouble. He's also admittedly a tad curious to know more about Humanity, but he's concerned that Fora's obsessive attitude towards the Humans might get her and the rest of this motley crew hurt.

Any Weapons: A simple human handgun and a knife.

Brief History: Alistair was adopted into his current family when he was incredibly young. Although he always knew he was different from his sister, Fora, he never attached any real significance to that fact. In fact, he fit into his new family of innovators incredibly well, using his natural intelligence to explore and examine the natural world around him; this attitude is all that kept him from hating the humans, even though his entire life he'd been told they were awful. He sees their promises, but is more skeptical than his sister as to their value.

Speech Color: "All's fair in love and war. That's how it goes, right?"

Extra:

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#6 Post by Lief »

Hesitantly throwing up some interest.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Stryder221 »

I'm a bit interested as well. I might send a sheet your way at some point.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#8 Post by The Rookie »

I think I'm a bit late to this one, but I'd certainly be interested if you'd have me.

Edit: Quickly wrote something up.
Spoiler!
Name: Hamish Saxon

Pronunciation Of Name: Hay-Mish Sax-On

Species Name: Human

Specific Animal: (Race?) Northern European descent

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

• Kind.
• Brave.
• Passionate
• Trustworthy

• Self doubting
• Slightly distrusting of new acquaintances
• Can be overly aggressive in combat.

Personality Summary:
Hamish is generally a likeable person by those who know him well. Often very kind to those he holds closest, and is willing to almost anything to protect his friends and family.
Unfortunately, this is also one of Hamish’s greatest flaws. In his pursuit to protect those he cares for, he can be rather cruel and utterly uncaring to those who would threaten them. Something he tends to look back on with regret.
Despite being a human on Shaion, Hamish holds no great loyalty to Earth. Instead, he fights to protect his home colony. A rather independent collection of settlers who’d rather spend their days farming and cultivating their land, than getting involved in the politics of this world.

Appearance:
Hamish isn’t all that different from most humans. He is Northern European in appearance, standing at 6ft tall with blue eyes and short blond hair. He’s physically toned, but not visually muscular.
He tends to spend most of his time in his standard light armoured gear, comprised of a standard soft layer of durable fabrics with second layer of heavier ballistic plating on his chest, shoulders and shins.

Physical Attributes:
• Fast
• Agile
• Strong
• Enduring

Attracted To:
• Primarily human girls, but the occasional Esira or Saru may catch his eye.
• Prefers cute features
• Intelligent
• Likes witty ones who know how to throw a verbal punch once in a while.
• Similarly minded when it comes to humour.

Not Attracted To:
• Butch/Muscular girls
• Can’t stand someone who can’t hold a conversation
• Has no interest in [censored], Laris or most Sharkus.

Reason For Joining Vallai:Wants to help stop the Earth's attempted manipulation of the free peoples of Shaion. Human and local alike.

Any Weapons: Standard issue Colonial Bullpup rapid fire security rifle (BSR for short.), a secondary silenced semi auto hand gun and an old fashioned knife.

Brief History:
Hamish was born on Earth, but came over to Shaion with his parents at very young age and raised in the human frontier colony of Baldr. At age 18, Hamish was accepted into Baldr’s security forces and graduated 9 months later with the rank of corporal.
For the next two years, Hamish would guard the settlements permitters, assist in the transport of goods between colonies and the indigenous peoples and act as local law enforcement when ever needed.
He loved his life, but then something happened to change everything. During a drugs bust of a high up Earthling business man, Hamish came across a series of damning files that proved the elements of the Earth government had been sent to Shaion to destabilise the local governments of independent colonies and the indigenous population alike. To what ends he couldn’t say.
When he approached his superiors with this news, they simply brushed it off as a conspiracy theory, and threatened that if he pushed further there would be consequences.
Unsure of whom he could trust, Hamish abandoned his post the following evening with plenty of food, ammo and water to make it to one of the nearby indigenous cities, in an attempt to find others who shared his cause.

Speech Color: “I’m thinking..... Purple.”

Extra:Terrified of spiders.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mal

#9 Post by Mal »

Rookie, you are accepted, I love it! And yeah, if you don't choose to be a Kev'chak for specific animal you can either leave it blank or put their race. And I'm glad so many people are interested! I think that's about all the people we need, too.
Edit: Anybody interested in Vallai? He's a fox anthro.
blorg

Phaing
Master

#10 Post by Phaing »

In the hope that this one actually might go somewhere...

[img]SMALL%20IMG%20OF%20YOUR%20CHARACTER%20HERE,%20OR%20SOMETHING%20TO%20DO%20WITH%20YOUR%20CHARACTER[/img]
I dunno, I have nothing on file like this one, give me your advice and I will go with one of these-

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Valley-324338420
http://voltfang.deviantart.com/art/Rond ... -590285489
Name: Lillieghn

Pronunciation Of Name: Lil-lane

Species Name: Esira

Specific Animal:Fox

Sexuality:Never gave it much thought

Positive Personality Traits: {Maximum of Five traits go here} Hard-working, always eager-to-please, Outgoing, Will try anything once.

Negative Personality Traits : {Minimum of Three traits go here}Somewhat snooty, know-it-all, selfish

Appearance:Red hair and sleek, but deviates from Fox in many ways. Buxom, which made her so self-conciuos that she got into body-building to make herself more balanced (in her own eyes). Also, tall, from a distance she might seem more like a red Wolf.

Personality Summary:Enlightened self-intrest sums it up pretty well. She has a high opinion of herself, but is also in awe of her current situation.

Physical Attributes: Strong, athletic, tall, attractive. Has mastered Muay-Thai boxing styles. She is very physically-oriented and has an interest in the medical side of things as well, but no schooling in it at all.

Attracted To:Has yet to form firm opinions on the matter. "Everything has its own charms, don't you think?"

Not Attracted To:Dangerous situations, Sharks

Reason For Joining Vallai: Personal and Professional advancement

Any Weapons:Favors pistols, anything more is just too much bother... and might make her look like she is looking for trouble!

Brief History: {Five-Ten Sentences, max.}Lillieghn would have gone the route of a spoiled little rich wench were it not for the fact that she would have had to submit to an arranged marriage eventually. So, she threw herself into fields like Astrogation and Piloting in hopes of avoiding that fate, and her hoi-poiloi Family as well. (the feeling has been mutual since she gave her last suitor a bloody nose) Between that and her physical conditioning she has had little time for a social life and hopes to make up for that someday soon, now that she has graduated to the 'real world'.

Speech Color: Red.

Extra:Since "Lilly" is accustomed to the nicer things, she has fine clothes, some gadgets and a top of the line Pistol, and access to a certain amount of cash. But no flaunting, no jewelry at all and oddly... not much idea about how to enjoy her money. She can't stand drugs or Gambling either.

Piloting; rock-steady rather than 'gifted' or a hot-shot. Thanks to her physical conditioning, she can endure harsher maneuvers and longer shifts in the cockpit than most of her classmates.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#11 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Even though it's only viewed by clicking through the DeviantArt link, maybe remove the one that has actual nudity.

As for Vallai, maybe he'd be better off as a GM minor character? I don't know what you've got planned for him, but generally speaking people find it harder to play someone else who already exists, even if they have very few already established traits. Could be wrong about that.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Mal

#12 Post by Mal »

That makes sense. I was thinking he could play an important character, but now that I think about it, in the past I have noticed I and other people having trouble playing established characters. I suppose I could edit the style of what I was planning to make him as more of a minor character, because that won't affect my plot much.
Phaing, I'd prefer you get rid of the one with actual nudity as well, as that's a bit much for this thread. Other than that, I think those pictures are fine. Based on your description, which isn't very specific, I can't really tell which one would fit your character better, but the first two seem to be the most likely to work with the style of the universe.
Also, other than the people who've already made a form or have said they will probably will, I don't think I'll be accepting anymore until I confirm who's planning on joining and who isn't.
Update: Should I add a 'romantic interest' section to the form or nah? (I'll take you guys' opinion on this as I'm not sure yet, especially since I have a relationships section in the first post, and I'm trying to decide whether we should let that develop in plot build/roleplay or just state it in the form.
Also, I think after the next one/two people make a form, I will make a thread, and anyone who has yet to create a character can just be recruited in later.
blorg

Phaing
Master

#13 Post by Phaing »

Mal wrote: Other than that, I think those pictures are fine. Based on your description, which isn't very specific, I can't really tell which one would fit your character better, but the first two seem to be the most likely to work with the style of the universe.
I reduced it to 2 that come close to my idea of her, but I guess I will have to find something more exact later. This is the first furry char I have ever made up.

As far as her current placement, I had an idea; recruited and trained by humans to fight on their side, and then captured and turned to fight on Vallai's side... perhaps? If so that would knock my entry into this back a while, but that's okay with me. It will give me a chance to follow along and learn your world & system before I come storming in.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

If you don't mind explaining, what's the tech level like, and how long have the humans been around on Shiaon?

Spoiler!
Name: Fora Neida
Pronunciation Of Name: For-ah Neigh-ee-dah
Species Name: Sharkus
Specific Animal: Newt
Sexuality: Bisexual
-Indefatigable: "I'm not giving up, I'm just finding another way."
-Generous: "Here's a ration. I don't care for your ribs doubling as a xylophone."
-Forgiving: "Did you spend all night working on that apology? It's fine. No, I'm not dismissing you, really, it's alright. Takes a lot to stick with me. Er...let's hug it out, or whatever it is you people do?"
-Self-Sacrificing: "Hey, sweat for brains! He didn't do it, I did. You think a chalid would've had the idea? Now are you going to hit me, or are you too busy trying to figure out what 'brains' are?"

-Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome: "Who's that, your wife? She must be jealous that you kiss her likeness so much. Still, why're you keeping an old photo of her? Should we be worried about a little camera baby running around? Hey, what's with the glare...oh."
-Sharp-Tongued: "I've heard a lot about your sword. Too bad it's all been small talk. Oh, don't be so angry. I'm sure you polish it lovingly every night-although maybe that's the problem."
-Obsessive: "It doesn't make any SENSE, that's the problem you ilu! Why do they bother when they could be sailing the stars?! No I haven't slept in days now do you have a relevant question?"

Personality Summary: Fora is an ill-spoken person prone to bouts of what can kindly be described as 'persistent [censored] mania' by detractors. But if the listener has a thick skin for unintentionally harsh greetings, they will find that this character is a witty, generous, long-suffering, determined individual who does their best to do right for their world and their loved ones while struggling against their pathetic diplomacy.

Appearance: Both larger and taller than the average from either world, Fora's appearance runs towards lean whipcord muscle rather than appreciable curves. With pointed teeth, patterned blue skin and a deep booming voice surrounded by a hodgepodge of human ballistic armor and older metal plating, Fora's martial air is belatedly rescued by a simple red patchwork scarf constantly worn around her neck and a face notably more innocent than her bearing and attitude suggest. Her dark eyes are frowning more often than not, displeased with a swarm of problems at all times. Her fingers and toes are both longer and thinner than the human average, and are noticeably more spread out.

Physical Attributes: (Where each + would indicate a significant increase over average, and vice versa for -)
-Endurance(++)
-Dexterity(++)
-Strength(+)
-Height(+) [5'10]
-Amphibious
-Agility(-)

Attracted To:
-Bantering
-Being occasionally outwitted/outmatched
-Physical strength
-Patience

Not Attracted To:
-Lack of awe/appreciation for what humans have brought, regardless of the collateral
-Hesitancy
-Apathy
-Loners

Reason For Joining Vallai: This character needs to know why the humans are so antagonistic. This character is also awed by the progress the humans offer, and dreams of taking to the stars, and of gaining the immense knowledge the humans possess. While highly suspicious of Vallai's goals, she tags along to see if she might at least limit the damage to human-Shiaon relations-although with her spotty at best diplomatic 'skills', Fora is considering alternative methods.

Any Weapons: Favors the use of a sword and pistol, but will gladly take to using the most advanced weaponry she can find.

Brief History: Fora was born to a family of innovation. They constantly tinkered and fiddled with the basic technology of their society, mapping stars alongside charts of their world while drawing up diagrams of instruments to see and reach ever further. Farming, construction, navigation, government, chemistry, astronomy, and a thousand other pursuits, more often than not they ran into failure, grinding against baffling mysteries and dead ends. A few great names had sprung from their ancestry, a feat they were keen to repeat. And then the humans arrived, dwarfing their achievements like a parent does to the scribblings of a child. Fora saw them as tyrants and unwanted conquerors, but she and her family also saw wonderful potential. Here was a race that had already stepped between the stars, and she will make sure Shiaon rises to join them as equals. Her family were and are enthusiastic supporters of human technology being adapted for use on Shiaon, and have a moderate level of recognition at the local level to humans for willingness to learn their ways and technology.

Speech Color: "You're not an idiot so don't act like one. Hate the humans all you want, we still need their technology. And to get that we need their help. Knowing how to use a few of their fancy guns doesn't do a ryke thing if they can shut them off, or blast our [censored] into the mud."

Extra: Keenly interested in genetic and cybernetic modification, and would be second in line for them. (The first one is always a botched prototype).

MoonSticks
Master

#15 Post by MoonSticks »

I may join, it sounds interesting :nora:

However, only if I can keep up with my own RP
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...